4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• remoteblogger's Profile Photo

5 star amazing hotel

This hotel has a great location right in the CBD. Sydney is a big city so you don't want to stay too far out so this is a great hotel to stay at if your staying in Sydney on a small visit

Unique Quality: Great rooms, Affordability, Great service and best of all the great location right in the city

Directions: Sydney CBD

More about Sydney

The view from the top of the bridgeThe view from the top of the bridge

Sourdough Toast with mixed berry jamSourdough Toast with mixed berry jam

Seals (2010)Seals (2010)

Liz & I enjoying some drinks...Liz & I enjoying some drinks...

Queen Victoria Mall

by karla4

What shops are located within the Queen Victorie Mall? I will be there next week.

by qrpw

It's a big shopping mall- mainly clothing, jewellery, footwear, etc. They're mainly higher-quality and fashion brands. The full list can be found on their website. http://www.qvb.com.au/

The architecture is lovely, especially the stained-glass, and the two old clocks.

by marven11

HI,
Today the QVB is one of the most stunning examples of Victorian architecture in Sydney.
Thanks.

by margsch

There is a reject shop for china in the basement which I always visit when I,m there, I have bought some lovely things but you need to know the normal prices, not everything is a bargain.

by tropicrd

There are also some really nice cafes and restaurants on most floors.

The old style lift and stairs are worth looking at and I agree the clocks are great--be there on the hour to hear and see them.

Enjoy this wonderful old building.

by wise23girl

I was going to say coffee shops but Dorrise beat me to it! Did anyone say the pen shop...I guess it is still there.

Great place.....I make it a 'must' on Sydney visits.

by sirgaw

Also home to the ABC Shop and there are some very interesting shops on the top level. Take a look outside at the small square where there are 2 statues - one is a little dog with the voice of John Laws, the other is Queen Vic herself and was bought very cheaply in the Irish Republic where statues of QV are not very popular - LOL. Great old building and have a look at the historic display on the top level too.

by Kakapo2

When you are there do not miss to have a look at a little monument near the main entrance. It shows Islay the Dog which was Queen Victoria's favourite dog.

Now Islay begs people for a gold coin donation. The money is given to the deaf and blind children of New South Wales. When you get close to Islay a voice sounds and says Thank You.

More on Kimi_the_Bear's page:

by sheherezad

Oh, you meant the Queen Victoria Building (QVB)?! I would go there even for no shopping - just to feast my eyes on, as I did when I was in Sydney two years ago - check out my Sydney page! But I did buy a boulder opal pendant in one of the shops! Love it! :-)

Travel Tips for Sydney

Tauronga Zoo

by b1bob

At the zoo, we took lunch first as it was near noon. I only ate a couple of gut bombers (fast food hamburgers or hot dogs). and chips because I still wasn't hungry because that good, hot breakfast was still with me. There were doves and seagulls flying overhead. We were lucky not to have been their target, which is more than I can say for a group of German tourists 3 tables over. We saw animals unique to Australia such as the duck-billed platypus and the Tasmanian Devil. On taking photos of the platypus, I didn't know photos were prohibited. I didn't get caught, the picture turned out, so forbidden photos are worth a lot more than ones you have permission to take.

It's summer when I went to...

by jasc_chia

It's summer when I went to Sydney. The best place you should visit during summer is Bondi Beach. Just imagine, lying on the beach enjoying your lunch while having a nice tan under the sun. Nice view too!

The Sydney aquarium is one of...

by Jo_katz

The Sydney aquarium is one of the largest in the world. It offers an interesting insight into the fishes and creatures that lie in the depths of sydney harbour and around the NSW coast. The underwater tunnel complete with jelly fish and sharks certainly made me very relieved not to be swimming in the olympic triathlon through the harbour. I'm sure the event got some of the best times in history when the thought of SHARKS hit the athletes.

Sydney Ports Corporation is...

by ankx

Sydney Ports Corporation is responsible for the efficient management of port operations in Sydney Harbour and Port Botany. For commercial shipping we provide port communications, emergency response, port safety, monitoring and protection of the marine environment, including the clean-up of spills, and trade-related operations such as gathering manifests and trade statistics.

Kings Cross in itself is a...

by glitter

Kings Cross in itself is a cultural trip....red light district of Sydny..hilarious!! I saw one guy attempting to lug 2 pieces of huge luggage up a stair case of a rather interesting establishment. Thus...he hadn't even given himself the time to check his luggage into his hotel...he went straight to the Cross to get some!! Also, as you walk down the cross, the pimps ask you if you'd like to make some extra $$!!!!!!And we're respectable looking girls!!Ha!!

Comments