High Cross Park Lodge Sydney

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about Sydney

Leffe Blonde to startLeffe Blonde to start

My Deconstructed MargaritaMy Deconstructed Margarita

Liz enjoying some dessert (2010)Liz enjoying some dessert (2010)

Liz and her BelliniLiz and her Bellini

Luggage lockers Wynyard/Central Sydney

by wombles

Hi, I understand that the luggage lockers at platform 1 at Central station are no in use. Does anyone know of other places where a bag can be left during the day. Would be great if it was near Wynyard station but anywhere centralish would be ok.

by Josilver

I have an apartment that has a lock on the door.

by lynnehamman

Very strange that the lockers at Central are not in use. Where did you recieve this info from? As far as I am aware, there are no other places to leave luggage. I will try and find out more- maybe I will call Central Station.

by wombles

Very funny Jo, you aren't on the way from Liverpool to Brookvale though!

by wise23girl

Will you be staying somewhere that night(or prev night) . They might look after your bags for the day if Lyn finds the lockers are closed..

by craic

the left luggage closed some time ago at central station

last time i checked there are lockers in a shop just under the main concourse - not run by the railway

by craic

maybe lynn will find out if the one in the central station building is still there

by lynnehamman

There are lockers at Wanderers' Travel, 810 George St, close to Central Station (daily 7am–8pm; $4 per day). Also locker rooms at the airport and the Sydney Coach Terminal ($5–15 per 24hr, Phone number 02 9280 4933

Lockers at Central have been closed due to security issues. I hope that you have some luck with Wanderers.

by wise23girl

Thats a surprise Lynne that the airport has locker rooms. Not in Brisbane anymore. Good to know.
Marg

by wombles

Thanks everyone, I gave Wanderers (1800 888 722) a call - $10 for a suitcase per day.

by Kakapo2

The location Lynne posted surely is the best one for you.

Here is the complete list of luggage storage places in Sydney:

by going_somewhere

I've used wanderers before and it all worked fine. I've always thought 10 bucks for a day is a fair bit but I guess its supply and demand.

Travel Tips for Sydney

Manley Beach

by marisa81

Manley beach is one of the many beaches in the Sydney area. It is filled with locals and tourists alike. If you are looking to spend a day at the beach, its a great place to come, if you are looking for some privacy and quiet on the beach...keep looking.

Tourist Refund Scheme

by keida84

This sign cracked me up when I saw it "Tourist Refund Scheme". In the US we utilize this word to describe a secret plot or deceitful plan so imagine much to my funny bone, what went through my head when I saw this sign in the Sydney airport!!

In Sydney they use the words "Scheme" to define a systemized plan such as the "Tourist Refund Scheme" Those who are not citizens of Australia can save all their receipts and receive the tax they paid as they depart the country.

We did not do this, however, I did notice a lot of the stores and shops we patronized did not charge us sales tax once they knew we were not from Australia. Gee, I wonder what gave me away?

Macquarie Street: Some of the...

by portia1971

Macquarie Street: Some of the best preserved buildings and monuments to Sydney's European past.
Start at the Hyde Park end at the Archibald Fountain then move onto the Hyde Park Barracks (great restaurant plus excellent Museum detailing convict past), then to the Mint (has a great cafe), St James's Church, Parliament House (the oldest parliament in Australia and open to visitors).
Then explore the grand builkdings along the length of the street right down to the Harbour and the Sydney Opera House. Make sure you see the Chief Secretary's Building on the left and you head towards the Harbour. One of the grandest buildings in Sydney with exceptional stonework.
Also the Intercontinental Hotel on the opposite corner which was onece the Treasury Building and diagonally opposite the Conservatorium which wasonce the stable for the Governor's horses (this is currently under renovation).
Also make a detour to the Botanic Gardens along the way and check out the mock tudor Government House ehich used to be the residence of the NSW Governor but is now open to the public as a 'People's House'. Check out the crazy aqua interiors and the exquisite view from the gardens across the harbour.

Tipping.

by Openseas

In Sydney we do not have to tip after a meal. However, the general rule is 10% if you are happy with your food and service. I do often tip larger amounts if I feel the service was above standard.

The same goes with Taxi's - we do not have to tip, but the general rule is to round up...i.e. Cab ride $35.80 I would give $40.00.

Housekeeping in hotels - I just usually leave a few $2.00 -5.00 AUD.

Changeable weather

by dragontml

Wear comfortable shoes ! It was really warm when I was in Sydney but then again, the weather is quick changing and in the evening it can be quite cool. Can be easily found. Can be easily found but I brought my own as getting them from home was much cheaper !

Comments