3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

IHG Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• OnTheRoadGoombah's Profile Photo

Good If Flying Out in The Morning

I stayed here on my last night before heading back to the States. My trip had taken me to Canberra for a week, but afforded me one night in Sydney. Since I was flying out in the morning, I decided to stay near the airport. While the hotel is a standard airport hotel, it was not convenient to downtown, Bondi Beach, the Opera House and other sights. Maybe it is for the best since I needed my sleep anyway, but hey, I had many hours to sleep on my way back to Washington, DC.

I would recommend the hotel for folks who have business near the airport or are flying out early in the mornnig...but for those looking to explore Sydney, i would recommend somthing closer to the city.

More about Holiday Inn Sydney Airport

Decent Sydney Hotel

by mustaine_rocks about Holiday Inn Sydney Airport

The Sydney Holiday Inn is located right next to the Airport, making it easy to get to. It is also 15 minutes away from Central Sydney. The rooms are very clean and spacious. Very nice and peaceful rooms.

Hotels near Sydney Airport.

by kiwispotter

Hello Everyone

We are visiting Sydney in October this year and looking for a Hotel which is very close to Sydney Airport as my Husband is a very keen Aircraft spotter and hopes to be close enough to the Airport so he can walk there to take photos.

Have been told the Stamfold Plaza Hotel is the closes to the Airport, therefore could anyone confirm this and would there be transport close by ie: bus service into the centre of Sydney so that I can do the tourist places while my husband Aircraft spots at the Airport.

Thank you and would be interested to hear from anyone with details on hotels close to Airport.

kiwispotter
Christchurch, New Zealand.

by wallywombat

There are a few hotels in the ariport area which include
Nearby Hotels

Novotel Brighton Beach
4 Star, Cnr The Grand Pde & Princess St

Quest Mascot
4 Star, 108 114 Robey Street

and the trains go from the domestic and international terminals every 10 minutes to CBD There is a station at Mascot I do not know about buses sorry . Suggest you google Airport link Sydney to see train maps and info .
The hotels also have own websites but try wotif.com or needitnow .com.au or standbyrates.com.au for cheaper accomodation rates I have used all these sites to book rooms over internet .
Hope this info helps enjoy your visit.

by wallywombat

I just put Sydney airport hotels into google and it comes up with a range of websites which show maps .prices transport etc so have a look through some of them eg

Hotel Ibis Sydney Airport is located 1 km from the domestic and 3 km from the international airport.

Ibis is just 20 minutes drive from the CBD, with the local train station, Mascot, a 5 minute walk away.
from all this info you should be able to make some decisions .

by colin_bramso

Welcome to VT kiwispotter. Why don't you stay in the city where you can see the sights and get your husband to catch the bus to the airport ;-)

by kiwispotter

Thank you for all your help, this is the first time I have used the Virtual Tourist forum, you have been of great help. The main reason for visiting Sydney is for my husband to do his Aircraft Spotting.We did the same last year we had a long weekend in Amsterdam , He was at the Airport all the time Aircraft spotting and I saw Amsterdam, A lovely city.This was just one of many Airports we visited during our holiday to UK and Amsterdam. Yes he is a very keen Aircraft spotter!
Thanks once again.