Manly Pacific Parkroyal

Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

By the seaside

This place is one of Sydney's better known, not always for accommodation reasons as previous owners ended up in court in a murder case but, that's a whole story on its own.

Unique Quality: One thing I like about this place is the way the balconies stretch towards the ocean views. It's great sitting on your sun chair watching the world go by on the promenade adjacent to the beach and checking out the surf beyond the pine trees.
    Another thing is the huge beds. Whatever the largest size is, they are it. Literallly three pillows across.
    All the standard facilities are on hand along with room service and Manly's shops are just a short 2 minute stroll down the road.
    A great place to stay if you're in Sydney and not short of a dollar.

More about Manly Pacific Parkroyal

Manly Pacific 10/10

by TripAdvisor Member ChrissyDuff

Manly Pacific Hotel is perfect! The situation of the hotel is just fantastic with amazing views of the ocean. This hotel is on the expensive side but is truly a 4 star hotel, with great services. We stayed in this hotel during New Years Night and we received a bottle of Champaign and other extras, this is just an example of the exemplary service on offer. The hotel is also situated near the Corso, (only a 2 minute walk away). I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Manly Pacific provides a truly wonderful stay.

Great location right on the beach!

by TripAdvisor Member mattmck

I stayed at the Manly Pacific hotel for 3 weeks on a recent business trip (June/July 2007). We paid $199/night excluding breakfast, but after talking to other guests, you should be able to get a better price.

My collegues managed to get $189/night including breakfast, and after talking to the manager, they were able to negotiate $135/night excluding breakfast for a couple of extra nights.

The hotel is located right on the beach, but the views from the ocean view rooms are average because of the tall pine trees that line the beach. The view was ok, but I'm not sure I would pay extra for it.

I stayed in an ocean veiw room for the first week, but then moved to one of the newer courtyard rooms for the final two weeks.

The ocean view room I had was very comfortable, but was a little worn, and the bathroom had one of those combined shower/bath setups.

The courtyard room was also very comfortable, and was much newer. The room was a bit smaller, but the bathroom was much better with a separate shower and bath.

The staff were polite & helpful.

The restaurant was ok, but expensive for breakfast. There are plenty of better eating options within close walking distance. The ferry wharf is only a short walk if you want to venture into the CBD for a feed.

During the week, Manly is very quiet, but gets a bit more lively on the weekends.

If you can get a good price, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Worst value for dollar spent ever!

by TripAdvisor Member Swaki

We stayed at this hotel from the 31st Dec 06 thru the 7th of January, a pre-paid booking for the cricket. A truly appalling hotel. The only thing going for it is the beautiful beach across the street. While comfortable, the room was not clean, the balcony had a dead plant, the lift had rubbish in it, the bathroom was not spotless, the cleaners left detrius from the vacuum cleaner on the floor...I could go on and on. We travel extensively and whilst this is not the worst hotel we have stayed in by a long shot, it is the worst value for money. When my husband spoke to the manager about how horrified we were by the room, he basically said our expectations were too high! For US$500 a night on New Year's Eve, the least I would expect is a CLEAN room! We moved to The Sebel down the street...much more pleasant experience!

Great Location....

by TripAdvisor Member White_Rose_78

We stayed in the Manly pacific for 7 nights from 6th January onwards and found it to be a great hotel.

It was clean (I never saw any rubbish in the lifts as mentioned below!?!?!?), our room was serviced each day to a high standard and the staff were very helpful. Even the minibar seemed to be of a reasonable price!

The only downside to this hotel would be that the restaurant attached does not have a wide range of food to choose from but there are so many restaurants in walking distance that it doesn't matter.

Waking up every morning and looking out onto Manly beach was worth the price of the hotel alone!!

Old rooms, nice restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member kipper24

Dont expect anything luxurious. The rooms are very old, and desperately in need of refurbishment.

My parents were booked earlier in the week & upon arrival were told the hotel was overbooked & they would have to stay somewhere else!!

So i made sure i confirmed my booking. We were also given a twin room when we had requested a queen room.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location & the restaurant. The seafood buffet dinner is excellent value - only if you are a member of advantage plus. if not, dont bother.

Same with breakfast - unless you have the 50% discount, breakfast is extremely expensive.

Ocean view makes it worthwhile

by TripAdvisor Member travelinhope

We stayed at the Manly Pacific as a family group from Jan2-Jan8 2007 with one ocean view and one non ocean view rooms.

It's true the hotel is getting on and is built in not very attractive 1980s concrete box style and behind the refurbished lobby and public areas it does tend to show its age.

However our rooms on Floor Four were large (two double beds in each) in which young children stayed free. The non-ocean view looked out on the back of another building but the ocean views are what you go here for. Now that the Radisson has been sold and moved upmarket into Sebel chic-boutique land what's the alternative for Manly ocean views in a full service hotel without paying really silly prices?

The rooms were clean, reasonably furnished and the staff very helpful from housekeeping, to reception. The roof-top swimming pool - set among the airconditioning stacks- is quirkly but the children loved it and the views over the ocean and Manly were good.Never had any problems with the lifts!

We avoided the restaurant which was pricey; the Barking Frog cafe is just a few yards away and is excellent in a non-showy way for breakfast and good value away from the Corso.

Good, not great

by TripAdvisor Member SallyWLondon

Great location - beach was lovely. Pool on roof great too - kids loved the hot tub. We wanted an apartment but had a two bed suite - we missed having a kitchen. Beds were the most comfortable and bathroom was best of seven hotels we stayed in in Australia - clean, separate shower (with flexible shower head!) and nice soaps and shampoos. What i like about Australian room service is it is not pricey - we had dinner sent up both nights and were very satisfied. Only negatives were late servicing of rooms (mid-afternoon way too late and coincided with kid's naps) and the concrete under the balcony above was badly peeling. Front desk not too welcoming either - they had us down for a different month and I felt I had to prove the dates with my voucher, even though they were not fully booked and had the room available. Could use some general sprucing up but very satisfied overall.

Lovely hotel - huge rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Kelliekat

Having stayed in the pacfic for 5 nights, I can highly recommend it.
My only issue was the fact that our room did not have a balcony and I really like being able to laze on the balcony/hear the sea/se outside.
Onto the good things: we were in room no: 343 which is at the back in the courtyard rooms. The room was absolutely amazing with not one, but TWO huge king/queen sized beds. The bathroom was great (and also had conditioner which is a bonus).

The best thing about this hotel was the space and the conceirge service who helped me plan numerous little trips and had good recommendations on places to eat etc.
(At this point I would recommend against going to cafe sydney, they did manage to get me a table here at short notice, but it was not worth it at all - the view is amazing, but you can see this is from the Oz tower - do not waste your money on cafe sydney!!).

We had previously stayed in the sebel hotel in manly, and I actually prefer this to the pacific purely because we had balconies and a nice sea view so I would highly recommend asking the pacific for a sea view etc if this is important to you.

Please be aware that if people smoke in their rooms (as someone did whilst we were there) the fire alarm will go off and you will be evacuated. As this happened twice in the 5 days I was there it was a little annoying. However, at least the alarms work!!! :)

The food was also very very nice. I found breakfast to be quite overpriced (22usd for buffet brekkie) so we didn't have breakfast, instead we went to the beach house in the middle of the beach. We did however have a few evening meals here and the salad with the lebanese cucumber was amazing. As was the spag bol with spicy saus. Tempura wasn't so good according to the bloke, but most other things were. If it is raining in Manly, all the restaurants will close early so pop into the pacific as they still serve until 10pm and the waiters are lovely.

All in all, I prefered the Sebel, the bloke prefered the Pacific. Its hard to choose, but if pushed I would say the pacific is a better all rounder but it doesn't have much soul so make sure you get a room with a balcony and a view, otherwise you could be in any part of the world and not know the difference...

TIP: blue and white stripey beach towels are available. I had to ask the lovely cleaning lady for a couple so make sure you ask for these if they are not in your room and then you will get fresh ones each day.

Abysmal

by TripAdvisor Member Katey1975

I can safely say that I would not recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family. The staff were not only rude, but very abrupt and unprofessional. My friends and I booked this hotel as an overnight getaway (and are actually locals), and I disappointed to say that it ruined our weekend. In my opinion, If you are a visitor to Sydney and would like to stay in a nice hotel, stay in the city. The levels of customer service in city hotels seems to be a great deal higher and you pay for a nicer room and view.

Comments