Marriott Sydney Harbour Hotel

See Amenities
Callavetta's Profile Photo

Best view ever

by written on October 2, 2010

I spent something like 10 days at the Marriot on one of my many trips to Sydney. It was a bit pricey by our company standards, but everything else was booked for some reason. My room was really comfortable and I loved the gym and pool. But this was an expensive option for such a long stay.

Service was excellent but everything at the hotel was crazy expensive. I had a $20 martini for dinner one night (I counted the olives as my dinner).

Unique Quality: The hotel is convenient to Circular Quay and many restaurant choices. The view from my room was amazing and I did spend quite a lot of time in my comfy chair, gazing out the window.

kjohnson.hk's Profile Photo

Great Place to stay

by written on June 1, 2008

I highly recommend the Marriot Syndey Harbour Hotel. Minutes from Circular Quay, Darling Harbor, the Rocks, Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, there is no need for a car. The staff is very friendly, and the service is impeccable!

Directions: Walking distance from the Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay, Opera House, Darling Harbour and the Rocks.

Fabulous Location

by written on April 19, 2007

The Marriott Sydney Harbor is steps away from the Circular Quay. It is a 5 minute walk to the steps of the Opera House and Royal Botanical Gardens. The location is perfectly for seeing so many sites and catching the ferries and buses. The hotel has all the amenities including multiple restaurants, executive lounge, smoking and non-smoking sections near the bar and a conceirge. The staff was cheerful. The room service menu is extensive and the food is quite good. As a business traveller, this hotel was absolutely perfect. Also noteworthy, is that despite the location, there are just adequate views from the rooms. There is large building between the Marriott and view of the Circular Quay area.

As a personal traveller, this hotel lacked personality. Generally, Marriott's are very american the world over, and this hotel is no exception. When inside the doors, I felt that I was back in the states. The conceirge is helpful and friendly, but recommends the usual touristy restaurants. The executive lounge is not set up to meet people, but rather conduct the function of eating. The occasionally have live music at the bar - but it's a lounge act rather than some good tunes. The hotel is also popular with the family travellers.

Unique Quality: As a business traveller, you will find a fantastic set of necessary amentities and the benefits of being near all the great touristy sites.

Directions: 1 block from the Circular Quay

very nice hotel and excellent location

by written on March 20, 2007

I stayed here for two nights when I was in Sydney. You cannot ask for a better location. I was a ten minute walk from the bridge, and fifteen minute walk to the opera house.
The staff was great, and the rooms recently renovated. Also, we found a rate of about $150 per night.
I would definitly stay here again. Although since returning home I have heard the W hotel is supposed to be even better. I plan on trying it out next time just to see for myself.

Unique Quality: Great view from the concierge lounge of the city.

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Great views of the Harbor Bridge and Opera House

by written on April 3, 2006

While checking in, the front desk upgraded us to an Executive Level Suite. The suite was wonderful with a great living area with sweeping views of the Harbour Bridge, half bathroom, writing desk and ample living space. The bedroom also had beautiful views of the Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay/The Rocks. The master bathroom had a standing shower, double sinks, separate toilet and the jacuzzi!!

Unique Quality: Fantastic views of Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay and the Rocks.

Staying at the Executive Level floor recieve complimentary breakfast buffet until 10:30 am, afternoon hor douvres (unitl 7:30 pm) and complimentary drinks and dessert service until 9:30 pm. Yeah, this includes champagne, yum!!

Beware, during our visit the hotel was charging AUS$ 29.95 for internet service.

If you don't have plug adaptors the hotel will provide them for you, just remember to return them and they will be deducted from the final bill (at a whopping AUS$20 each, no reason to keep them).

Directions: Rocks & Circular Quay

janiac's Profile Photo

Nicely located

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 1, 2005

This hotel has a good location, but I found the staff, especially the concierges, to be not nearly as helpful as the staff in Melbourne.

Unique Quality: Nice lobby, typical Marriott room, nice sundry/gift shop with great location

Directions: Real close to the Sydney Opera house and the Royal Botanic Gardens

dennyandconnie's Profile Photo

Location! Location! Location!

by written on January 11, 2005

We spent 7 days in Sydney and stayed at the Marriott near Circular Quay. We generally stay at B & Bs or inexpensive hotels but we stayed here because it was part of a free package that we received when we purchased a timeshare at Myrtle Beach, that's another trip and story.
Our room was fine with a great bed - the sheets were to die for! The location of hotel was perfect, two blocks from Circular Quay with the Opera House, The Rocks, the ferries and all buses.
I'm positive that we wouldn't have spent $250US a night for the room but it sure was nice for a change.

Unique Quality: The view of the city was outstanding, especially at night. The workout room was large and had good equipment.

cjg1's Profile Photo

Nice find on Priceline

by written on June 20, 2004

I have now stayed here twice, first in 2004 and also in 2006. Both times the room was purchased blindly through Priceline. This of course is a fantastic hotel win on Priceline and I was happy both times with it.

During the 2004 trip I was in two rooms during the five day trip. The first day when I arrived about 830 am I was still alone and they set me up in a king room. It did not have much of a view as it was in the back of the hotel but was a nice room where I was able to relax a couple hours and shower before heading out for the 1130am meet up that would take me on my way to Watson’s Bay. The next day when Eric arrived we were moved into a two bed room. This one was on a lower floor but had a partial view on the side to see the bridge. We paid $75 US per night for this trip.

When coming back here in 2006 I went to Priceline hoping to win this hotel. I got it but it was $143 per night US. Inflation of hotel prices has really happened in the past couple years in Sydney.

When we arrived again about 830am they did not have a room ready for us. So we asked about upgrading. She originally offered us an upgrade at 200 AUD per night. We declined that but took her second offer of 150 per night. This got us an excellent room up on the 30th floor just down the hall from the executive lounge.

Unique Quality: The room had a large Jacuzzi tub, separate stand-alone shower, double sink counter, a separate toilet in the main bathroom off of the bedroom. The bedroom had a massively comfortable king bed with a dresser and TV. The living room was quite spacious with a couple of chairs and a couch as long as yet another TV and work desk. This is where the wired internet was. They charged $29.95 AUD per night here for it and we did buy one day as I needed to do a little work. But holy damn Batman…. Then of course off of the living room was a separate half bath.

Down the hall was the Executive lounge. Here they do a fine spread for breakfast with awesome views of the bridge on the left side and the opera house and Circular Quay on the right. In the evenings they go ahead and provide the evening snacks and drinks for an amazing four hours each night.

Directions: On Pitts 2 blocks from Circular Quay

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Sydney Travel Forum

Need advice about Sydney, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Sydney and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sydney hotel reviews

Holiday Inn Darling Harbour (68 Harbour Street Sydney Nsw 2000)
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Carlton Crest Hotel Sydney
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Medina Grand Sydney
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Metro Hotel Sydney (300 Pitt Street.)
Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Jewellery
Tour Buses
Sydney city at night
Nightlife
You may never want to leave!
Cafes For Breakfast & Lunch only