Medina Classic Elizabeth Bay

Good For No Data

More about Sydney

Calamari StripsCalamari Strips

Classic view from Ashby HouseClassic view from Ashby House

Liz with a beautiful view of the Harbour(2010)Liz with a beautiful view of the Harbour(2010)

Liz & ILiz & I

Weather in April?

by favorito01

Hi. I will be in Sydney, travelling to Melbourne, over 8 nights 13 to 22 April 2010. Any idea what the weather will be like? I don't know what clothes to pack! Thanks in advance.

by earthflyer

I think April will be kinda like Autumn.

by ricky52

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Sydney for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

UV level 6 = High
Humidity = None
Sea temp 73f / 23c

by peteyjim

The weather's a bit all over the shop at the moment. Eg, temps were around 30c last weekend. Basically it's still a bit warm here..

by margsch

While Sydney is mild, rarely has very cold weather, Melbourne can be very variable in the one day so pack summer gear with a warm jacket, runners and socks.

by margsch

take a warm pullover as well, the nights are cool enough already to need one.

by IdreamIam

As for Sydney can't guarantee you won't have rain as it is raining at the moment and as the other poster said it was around 30 all last week but changed yesterday, we CAN get hot weather right into May but mornings and nights are cooler and you will need a jacket, with Melbourne at this time it is usually just that bit colder than Sydney. I have always lived in Sydney and I love Spring and Autum I think the weather then is great but then I am not into our mid summer temperatures.

by favorito01

Thanks so much for the replies. I now know what to pack!

Travel Tips for Sydney

Dee Why not

by universalgypsy

A close friend lives not 50 metres from this beach, so I know it well. This beach is for swimmers as well as surfers. It is clean and well visited. Whether you want a walk along the beach, have a nice refreshing swim, or just want to sit at one of the cafes and admire the view of the beach, this is one that comes across as truly Australian. Whether sunrise or sunset - just enjoy it!

Get Aquainted with a Koala

by LadyRVG

The one activity that was a must for me during our visit to Sydney was getting up close and personal with a Koala. On my Birthday Chris took me to Taronga park for my Koala encounter. I must admit the bears are very cute and fuzy but they are rather stinky(Phew.....). Our particular Koala seemed attracted to the smell of my hair but thanks to a quick thinking trainer he was grabbed before he could "climb" me.

Sydney Tip

by Adriani

Hanging out in CIRCULAR QUAY and THE ROCKS area with my dearest friends and joining in the New Year's festivities is the best memory ever for me. It would be difficult for me to forget such an eventful moment.

Visit Mrs Macquarie's chair....

by Ronald_T

Visit Mrs Macquarie's chair. Mrs Macquarie,wife of the first Governor, spent her days just looking out across the waters and beyond everyday so the Governor had a chair especially built for her. These days it is considered a tradition for women to sit in the Mrs Macquarie's Chairs to look out yonder and make a quiet wish.

Blue Mountain Clothes

by arv1

If you are going to the Blue Mountains in winter you will definately need warm clothes!! It gets very cold up there! As well as comfortable shoes, as there is a lot to see, and you will spend a lot of time walking! In summer, I was told you would need a hat to cover your eyes Bring insect repellent Just don't forget it!! And bring an extra film reel as it is hard to find here!

Comments