Metro Hotel Central Sydney

Metro Hotel Sydney Central
Booking.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• lindyz's Profile Photo

Affordable accommodation in the heart of Sydney

Having just booked tickets to see the musical "Wicked", my friend Sue and I decided we should make a weekend of it and book overnight accommodation as well. I left this up to Sue to investigate, and she came back to me with the Metro Hotel, she had stayed there once before and said it was very close to the Capitol Theatre, where Wicked was playing. She was indeed correct about that, cos it was literally right across the road!!!

If you want affordable (but not 5 star!) accommodation right in the heart of Sydney, within walking distance to most major attractions ... then this Hotel is the place for you! As mentioned, it is literally a one minute walk to the Capital Theatre, about a 5 minute walk to Paddys Markets and Chinatown and maybe a 15 minute walk to central Sydney, the rocks, circular quay, opera house, also very close to the Sydney Entertainment Centre and Darling Harbour.

The Metro Hotel Central Sydney is a 3 1/2 star Hotel with all amenities you would expect in a 4-5 star Hotel, and without the expensive price tag - I would definitely consider staying here again.

Our weekend in Sydney cost us $225 each, being Hotel $92.50, Show ticket $119.50 and car parking $13 - I recon thats a great price to pay for a fabulous fun weekend away with great company!!!

Unique Quality: The Hotel does have a pool, although we did not find time to use it!
    It has 12 floors and we were on the 8th floor, overlooking busy Pitt Street. The views were not that great, but we had not expected great views for the price. We paid only $185 for a twin bed room, which I think is extremely good value, for the location of the Hotel. So, that means we paid about $92 each, plus car parking fee of $26 per vehicle overnite for a 24 hour period. Only down side was that there is no car parking located on-site at the Metro Hotel, but you have to instead drive to World Square Underground Car Park to park your car, and then obtain a voucher from reception at the Metro to get the reduced rate of $26 (usual overnight rate at World Square is $71). This is not a huge drawback, as World Square carpark is only one small block away from the Metro Hotel, but we were unaware that there was no carparking on site when the room was booked.

I would say the only negatives we found with the Metro were 1/ that it did not have on-site car parking 2/ that the bed-side lamp did not work and 3/ that the full flush on the toilet did not work!

Directions: Corner of downtown Pitt Street and Campbell Street, Sydney

More about Metro Hotel Central Sydney

sydney accommodatio

by karaleigh

Hi,Can anyone suggest cheap hotel accommodation in sydney? We would like it within easy reach of the main attractions/city/harbour, thanks

RE: sydney accommodatio

by unaS

I stayed at the Noah Lodge. Not that conveniently located but clean, well run and comparatively cheap. 179 Cleveland Street, Chippendale, Sydney

Found it through the Budget Hotels chain: http://www.budgetmotelchain.com.au/Members/Country.aspx

Full details on my Australia, Tips, Accomodations page: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/d16ba/c48/3/

by SWFC_Fan

Hi

I also stayed on Cleveland Street, at the Alfred Park Hotel.

I found this to be a good value for money option (about 23 GBP per night for a single room with en-suite facilities). It's only a couple of minutes walk from the central train station, but close to 30 minutes walk from Sydney Harbour.

It's not a luxurious option by any means, but if you just want a cheap and clean room to sleep in then you could do a lot worse.

You can read my review here if you're interested:

Enjoy your trip!

Jonathan

by aYankinSyd

Try www.wotif.com.au - it looks a little amateur-ish, but don't worry - it's Australia's best discount hotel site.

I have had really good luck at Metro Hotel - it's on Pitt St, in the heart of the CBD, and it's $100-$120. Nothing too flash, but very clean, very central, and very nice bathrooms I remember!

by xuessium

HI!

You can try out this website too:

by aYankinSyd

Hey Karaleigh - I just noticed that your dress in your photo matches my, well, dress in my photo :)

Just a small point that I thought should be noted.

by karaleigh

Hey aYankinSyd, the difference is that there is a little more of my dress than yours!!

Comments