Oaks Maestri Towers

Business Travel Budget Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons

Not worth 4 stars

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 23, 2011

My partner and I stayed at this hotel last night. As we were checking an other couple were loudly complaining about their disgusting room. When I went up to the studio apartment I could see why. They furniture is old (chairs have rips in the fabric, coffee table has many scratched and ring stains) and the tiles in the bathroom have dirty stains in the corners. We were also under the impression we would receive a Queen/King bed (as stated on the booking form) but ended up with a double. The balcony is also like 20cm. Fridge made a loud whistling during the night (thankfully this did not last more than 1hr) and the spa wasn't all that warm. Now that i have finished my rant I supposed I should say some good things: The room was very spacious and the place feels safe and secure with the security tags. The man who helped me a the front desk was also very friendly.

Horrible customer service by reception boy

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 18, 2011

We arrived and got our rooms only to changed to another one as the air-con was broken and leaking and the tech could not fix it. That was appreciated. The room we then had needs a good paint but we had a balcony and all facilities I expected. Clean towel and bed made daily that was good too. The very disappointing part was when we were checking out. We had paid some of the price through a holiday voucher. All was fine when I booked the accommodation from Brisbane, I knew exactly how much was owing. We checked out after having a discussion with a tall, smart alec young man. We left our bags in the baggage room until we had to leave in the afternoon. We were out siteseeing when I receive a call saying we still owed over $200. Well you can imagine that put a big damper on what was a special weekend. He argued the point, was rude as hell, kept ringing asking for more money. Seems that the manager of the hotel does not understand the deal that Oaks have with this discount company. Get your facts straight guys. I am telling all my collegues not to rest at Oaks and I know plenty....... Worst customer service at reception by a person with no customer service skills. Even chastised us in front of a full reception area............we paid half the money just to get our bags out which were held to ransom.

Jenelle7's Profile Photo

Lots of room

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 1, 2004

We had a very nice stay at the Maestri Towers. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment, that all the space you could wish for, with the added amenities of a dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
The room was very clean and safe, as you needed a swipe card to get to your floor, and the amenities at the hotel were also very good.
There was an indoor swimming pool and spa, as well as a fitness centre.
The hotel is right in the centre of the city, with Town Hall station right across the road. There are loads of shops and restaurants within walking distance, and though the traffic outside didn't stop all night, being on the fifth floor muffled the noise.... slightly. Anyway, you don't go to Sydney to sleep, though after coming out of 21 hours of flying on the way back from Italy, I managed to sleep through the noise anyway.
The apartments are not fully serviced, which means that they really only come every second day to change your towels and sheets, but if you want it changed everyday, you just need to request it from reception.
Reception is not 24 hours, but if you need to check in after 6pm, you can call security and they can check you in quite easily.

Unique Quality: The view from the room was quite nice, but the most unique quality I thought was the washing machine and dryer, which were very handy.

Directions: Town Hall area

3 Photos of Oaks Maestri Towers

Sydney Travel Forum

Need advice about Sydney, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Sydney and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sydney hotel reviews

InterContinental Hotel Sydney
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 11 Reviews
Oaks Goldsbrough Apartments Sydney
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Marriott Sydney Harbour Hotel
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 8 Reviews
Swiss Grand Hotel Bondi Beach (Cnr Campbell Parade Beach Rd Bondi Beach Sydney Nsw 2026)
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews