7 Hickson Road, The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000, Australia

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 207% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• codobai's Profile Photo

Great views of the Harbour and Opera House

A luxurious setting, conveniently close to the city centre without the hubbub. You can have it both, the tranquilty and elegance without being too out-of-the-way. It's absolutely delightful at night when the cityscape is lit-up as a backdrop to your room

Directions: the Rocks

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

The views are amazing!!!

Location Location Location

The hotel itself is nothing that special, what makes it such an expensive hotel to stay at is purely the views alone. Each room has a balcony, and most rooms have a superb view of the Sydney Opera House or Darling Harbour bridge..

Unique Quality: Balcony with either a Darling harbour bridge or opera house view.
    Great restaurant with a view of the opera house (book long in advance prior to stay to get a place/table to eat there)
    Outdoor roof top swimming pool looking at the Darling Harbour bridge!
    Gym with free bottles of water.
    Large bathroom with walk in shower and large bathtub.
    A small walk-in wadrobe with mini safe.
    DVD player.
    Business centre.

Directions: At The Rocks

• northernbaldy's Profile Photo

Poor Value for Money

A lovely hotel in a great location & great views.

However, it has to be one of the most expensive in the Sydney and as a result is poor value for money.

The decor, furnishings and helpfulness of staff is great.

It comes up short in a few other areas though: -

I booked a suite & the deal I had meant I should have had an upgrade subject to availability. Well the upgrade did not materialise, but most of all I was disappointed with the suite that I did book - basically their suites and not suites but just large'ish regular rooms with a couple of armchairs.

The concierge took care of a restaurant reservation and a river taxi for a special dinner. However, the reservation was made at a different restaurant to the one that the river taxi had been told to take us to (which was also the one I had been told we were booked in at) i.e. we ended up at completely the wrong restaurant.

We ordered breakfast in bed, but when checking out we were charged AUD10 for an orange juice (from a carton not freshly squeezed) and for coffee - even though our package included continential breakfast, the Hyatt doesn't include orange juice & coffee

Nice hotel but just not worth the money.

• THE ONLY PLACE TO STAY

PROBABLY THE PRICIEST IN TOWN BUT WORTH EVERY CENT FOR THE VIEWS, LUXURIOUS ROOMS AND SERVICE, ALONG WITH A FINE RESTAURANT. THE SETTING PROJECTS INTO THE HARBOUR AND OVERLOOKS THE SOH AND THE BRIDGE.

Unique Quality: HEAVEN ON EARTH, EVEN IN A CITY!

Directions: LOCATED IN THE ROCKS DISTRICT--AN OLD WAREHOUSE AREA WHICHNOW HOUSES SHOPS AND RESTAURANTS.

• AussieKitten's Profile Photo

Luxury :)

Luxury, style, great service and rooms...

Unique Quality: The service!! At 15 years old, my friend and I kept walking in and out of the main entrance, and the doormen never complained ;) Rooftop pool with views, great views of the Harbour and Sydney Opera House, scrumptious food and a gorgeous library.

Directions: The Rocks

More about Park Hyatt Sydney

GREAT HONEYMOON LOCALE

by TripAdvisor Member ChiTown2

My wife and I enjoyed staying at the Park Hyatt, Sydney. Smaller than one might expect, the Park Hyatt was wonderfully maintained, offered excellent service and a magnificent view from our Opera House view room.

With balcony and large, comfortable room we found the Park Hyatt more comfortable than the Four Seasons located nearby (we stayed there, too).

Room was modern and luxurious while also being somewhat understated. Full size desk, lounge chair, flat screen TV, walk in closet, large bathroom with bath and separate shower.

Excellent, helpful concierge desk staff.

We were *not* charged for use of the business center's internet computers. That was refreshing.

Location requires a short walk to the Rocks and Circular Quay. Some might say the Four Seasons has a better location, but not being right in the middle of it all was nice.

Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member Tommy0609

Stayed there for 1 night during our honeymoon, on our way to French Polynesia. We had the standard harbor view room. My review is based on very limited experience - stayed there 1 night, and never been to any other hotel in Sydney.

The overall experience was very good. The room was very spacious and airy, but some may find it a bit too sparse and minimalist. Very large bath and closet space. We had a lovely view of the harbor from our patio, and a direct view of the Opera House. Plasma TV. Same goes for the common areas of the hotel.

A friend of mine referred to the Park Hyatt as a "super motel," and this description is very apt, in a good way. The hotel is only about 4 stories high, and it actually looks more like a lodge than the standard 5-star high-rise hotel. But in a good way - very stylish.

The main merit of this property is the location. It is right there on the waterfront. You step out of the hotel, you're standing on the harbor pier. A pleasant 15 minute walk from the Opera House. Water taxi stand right in front to take us across the harbor (to the Pier restaurant, which was excellent).

I have no complaints with this establishment. A bit pricier it seems than the rest (fortunately I had the benefit of my company's corporate rate), but I think well worth the slight premium due to location.

Slept with the curtains open

by TripAdvisor Member bojack

Stayed 2 nights as part of our 25th wedding anniversary treat. Found staff friendly and helpful on arrival and views from public areas stunning.
Room not overly large but very well appointed and the view even better. We had direct view of opera house and slept with the curtains open to see the sunrise on the harbour.
Dinner and breakfast were excellent even without taking the view into account.
Overall a wonderful stay very comfortable and well worth the premium.

It doesn't get any better than this!

by TripAdvisor Member sjwoolnough

If you go to Sydney this is the hotel to stay in. Unlike other hotels with views you do only get the Opera House as you are positioned almost under the Harbour Bridge. But what a view! Because you are low down you get the most fabolous view of it imaginable (as opposed to looking down on it from on high in other hotels). The rooms were beautiful and the service absolutely impeccable. I cannot find anything to fault this hotel, it is as near perfect as a hotel can get.

Stay nowhere else in Sydney

by TripAdvisor Member babsorama

I've stayed in great hotels all over the world. This one ranks number one for me. I adored most everything about this hotel: location (especially rooms with opera house view), incredible staff, even the 70's theme. Meals were average, but the selection of places to dine, just steps away, makes this factor insignificant. The pool was mediocre, but who goes there to swim?

Comments