Park Regis Concierge Apartments Sydney

287 Military Road, (formerly Oaks Concierge Apartments), Sydney, 2090, Australia
Park Regis Concierge Apartments
Hotels.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Sydney

SpectacularSpectacular

Star Princess beneath Sydney Harbour BridgeStar Princess beneath Sydney Harbour Bridge

Sydney Opera HouseSydney Opera House

Liz enjoying the rooftop BArLiz enjoying the rooftop BAr

When to buy my airline tickets to Sydney?

by snackbandit

I'm planning a trip to Sydney next month. Itinerary is as follows:

Depart LAX (Los Angeles) 09/24 or 09/25 to SYD (Sydney)
Depart SYD (Sydney) 10/04 - 10/08 to LAX (Los Angeles) (departure from Sydney is flexible for me for that week)

I am shopping for tickets right now, and the lowest prices are coming from United, Delta, and Air New Zealand. Prices for all three airlines, with taxes/fees included, average out to $1050.

My question is, should I book my tickets now or wait a little later in hopes that they drop prices? I've read a few travel tips that stated last minute tickets are usually sold with a large discount.

Thanks for any help!

by nzbased

The risk is that no specials come up during your preferred dates, and of course, you need to know all the websites for finding the "deals". Also, how full are the flights on those routes? Its usually only empty seats that generate price cuts. Based on what we pay from AKL to LAX, I'd think $1050 is not bad. Go with Air New Zealand! But then I WOULD say that! Good luck.

When to buy my airline tickets to Sydney?

by kiwi

I think it's a good deal. AirNZ are running specials at the moment, so snap them up :-)

by al2401

That is a good price (about 1170 AUD) I wouldn't risk it for the saving of maybe $100

by taurean_traveller

And of course the price could go up!!

by yvr

Flights are running near to full, prices are not going to fall while the airlines are running almost full to capacity. Also airlines are charging a fuel surcharge and they seem to be increasing as oil prices are rising, UA for instance adds about $150.00 for the surcharge, the lowest airfares run from July 24 to Sept 21 as this is low season in Sydney, which means you would need to depart by Sept 21 to get the lowest available if seats were available.

by llauraa

Thats a really good price for a direct flight, if it is - have you checked?. I paid $1440 for my flights Syd / La direct going the other way and that was a good deal. It is usually anywhere between 1800-2500 for our side of the pond anyway. With the Air NZ one though, just check they dont stop in NZ on the way. Its usually the way with the specials. Of course if that doesnt bother you, then go for it. Have you flown these airlines before. One of the american airlines you list, United or Delta DONT have tv screens for your movies in the back of the seat in front. And its a long flight to be without on-demand entertaiment. Up to you, but might be worth checking before you commit. But the price is VERY good. I doubt you will get better. Sept is Spring Festival here. Its starting to warm up and party time in Sydney. So I think fares will only go up as the year gets warmer

by sam300

We flew Air New Zealand from LAX to Auckland to Sydney, on way back we started from Melbourne to Auckland to LAX long flight, but we paid $826, food was ok, Aug 7 to Aug 18. I believe now their price is slightly up, weather in Sydney was very nice around 60 degree, manly and bondi beaches were both very nice, and Sorrento area in Melbourne.

Travel Tips for Sydney

My first morning

by cjg1

One of my fondest memories of Sydney was my first ever morning here. I was suddenly alone as my friend had missed his flight and would catch up the next day. Checked into the hotel and after a shower and some news I was ready to get my first taste of one of my favorite ever cities.

Well I walked the two or so blocks to Circular Quay and started to be amazed. The bridge and the Opera house. The hussle and bussle. The fact it was late fall and sunny and 75. After a little walk about and a few pics I sat on a bench and watched the world. Ok. I had a book infront of me but I was really world watching. So calm. Yet so busy. This saturday morning started a love affair for me with Sydney.

Take a train down to the Blue...

by Paul_Cheak

Take a train down to the Blue Mountains National Parks. And make sure you go there early too cos the guided tours start early. It's a bit far from the town centre as well so you really need the time to travel there. We didn't manage to visit the caves so we just went walking around the 3 Sisters and taking the cable car!!! It was really a magnificent ride with a fantastic view of the Blue Mountains. I particularly enjoyed walking down the 'I don't know how many thousand steps' where the 3 Sisters were. It is certainly takes a lot of guts and leg muscles. My tip is to climb down rather than climb up (unless you prefer the physical challenge). However climbing down is certainly a lot more precarious. The Sydney Aquarium is another great place to visit. I particularly liked the 'Red Indian' fish very much!

More Bus Stops...

by Ronald_T

16} Central Station - For suburban, country and interstate trains, interstate bus terminal.
17} Chinatown - Shops and restaurants, Paddy's Markets and Market City.
18} Chinese Garden - Tumbalong Park, Sydney Exhibition and Convention Centre, Sega World.
19} Star City - Sydney's Casino, Pyrmont Bay.
20} Darling Harbour - National Maritime Museum, Harbour side shops, restaurants and entertainment, the Sydney Monorail.
21} Powerhouse Museum - Displays include Exhibitions of Science, Technology, the Decorative Arts Designed and Social History.
22} Darling Walk - Sega World, the Imax Theatre, and the Cockle Bay bars and restaurants.
23} Sydney Aquarium - World's largest collection of Australian freshwater and marine life.
24} Campbell's Cove - Views of Sydney Harbour, Starting point for the Rocks.
25} The Rocks - Sydney Visitor Centre, weekend markets, walking tours, Harbour Bridge Pylon / lookout and historic pubs.

Cruising

by iandsmith

Nothing like a relaxing cruise on the harbour to put you in the mood for just about anything. You start off from Circular Quay with the Sydney Opera House in view (pic 2) and, from there, the harbour is your oyster, so to speak.
The small lighthouse pictured in the opening is on the north shore and you turn around it to go into Mossman Bay.
En route you will be guaranteed to see a sailboat somewhere off your bow (pic 3) and somewhere a house you can't afford (pic 4) or, if you want something to brighten up your day, there's always Luna Park.

My funny discovery of local slang... G'Day mate!

by Tripack

It was a funny experience to discover the Australian local slang ;-)

I was learning English there and I will remember my very first day in Brisbane forever. I was waiting the local bus to my school. W hen the bus stopped, I popped up and the bus driver said me something as I understood as Good Die, mate! What a strange welcome... I hoped that the bus will keep me on the roads till my destination ;-) At school, my teacher explained me that usually Aussie says Good Day instead of the traditional Good Morning as I learned in my Cambridge English student book in Switzerland. So no worries, it was my first experience with local slang... a lot of fun in prospect.

On the photo you could guess a small zeppelin wishing you a G'DAY this time it was more easy understand because written ;-)

Below it was the Olympic flamme and not a giant Aussie barbie... in the Stadium Australia during the Games. Nowdays the fire let the place to the water as the cauldron is reconverted in a fountain...

Comments