Quay Grand Suites Sydney

Rated 10% higher but also costs 112% more than other 4.5 star hotels

More about Quay Grand Suites Sydney

Business Trip

by TripAdvisor Member FastWalker

I had 6 nights of business to complete and wanted comfort. The Quay Grand Suites Sydney gives that and more. The hotel itself is in the best location for me and worked well. Comfort and class. Thank You

Excellent hotel....

by TripAdvisor Member Pluttan

Quay grand suites is a perfect choise. Situated in the harbour near all shopping and restaurants. The rooms are beautiful furnished and with a beautiful view over the bridge. You have your own jacuzzi and a big plasma tv. The staffs are great. So if you search for luxury hotels with beautiful view in Sydney...yopu have to stay at Quay grand suites.

Perfect Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member vetten

We stayed last month (October) in the Quay Grand Suites. It was excellent. The suites were very spacious, exceptionally clean, and nicely appointed - even the corridors leading to the rooms had a very classy decor. There was a full kitchen with a washer and dryer, dining area, living area, and seperate bedroom. The baths were very nice with separate shower and whirlpool tub (which we did not use) and the towels/linens were large and soft. Beds were sooo comfortable. Flat screen tv in living area and bedroom. However, the greatest part was the balcony overlooking the Circular Quay - watching the activity of the Circular Quay really captured, for us, the essence of Sydney. Definitely get a harbor view room. We requested a higher floor and was on 8th floor and had excellent views of the harbor bridge. Could not see the opera house from where we were but the views were spectacular and watching the ferry's come and go was very cool. The hotel was in such good proximity to everything as far as walking was concerned.
Did not eat in the restaraunt there but had breakfast as room service and it was very good. The pool was not somewhere you could bask in the sun at but it was indoors had a nice lounge area a few stairs above it that was great for relaxing and reading a good book as you watched the hustle and bustle of the Circular Quay.
The staff treated us with the greatest of respect and was so courteous, helpful, and I can't say enough good about them. We booked through Asia Rooms (which I would not recommend)several months prior to our stay and paid in full up front - just to get there and find they had not received anything from Asia Rooms regarding reservations. They graciously went on and put us into a room and said they would work out all the details which I thought was not really their responsibility to do. In less than 30 minutes we received a call saying it had all been worked out. Just very professional and above board service.

Wanted to move in

by TripAdvisor Member SimoneK

I stayed here for two nights for my birthday last year with my boyfriend and it was brilliant. The one bedroom suite was large and immaculately furnished, there was a full sized marble kitchen, dining table, flat screen TV (with DVD) in the lounge and bedroom, huge bathroom with a massive spa you could really splash around in, not like those teeny-tiny corner numbers where your knees end up around your ears. The balcony was also big, with a great view of circular quay looking across to the MCA and the harbour bridge. Also the staff were great, really friendly and helpful and not stuffy at all. It's great to stay somewhere five star where you've got a bit of space and aren't locked in an airless box. The oyster bar is just downstairs too, if you feel like splashing out on champagne and seafood. I'd go back in a heartbeat (if I had the money!) and the only thing I'd change would be the fact that if you put a dvd on in the lounge you can't watch it in the TV in the bedroom. And do shop around on the internet for the best deals - I saved over a hundred bucks a night by looking around.

Great view, bad food

by TripAdvisor Member Kristen-Lee1

We stayed at the Quay Grand for 1 Saturday night to celebrate my b/f birthday. I booked a package that included a harbour view with $100 room service, wine on arrival, after dinner liquers, breakfast the next day and valet parking.

The view was amazing, Bed very comfortable - would have been great if you could see the view from the bed as well, the room had everything you needed. The room had a bit of wear and tear - but it was clean. Towels were thin and rough. Service was very helpful and friendly.

We were disappointed by the quality of the food. Both the room service dinner and breakfast were disappointing. They also forgot to bring the after dinner liquers.

Checking out was bit complicated. They didnt know that I had booked a package. So i had been charged for some things I shouldnt have. They let us park the car for the rest of the afternoon so that made up for the confusion.

We went to Cafe Sydney for lunch the next day. It was amazing. Food and service was the best I have ever experienced in Sydney.

So I would stay at this hotel again but maybe not for a special occasion.

Best Family Hotel in Sydney

by TripAdvisor Member pmanve

This hotel is in a fabulous location. 1st time visitors and tourists will love the views (get a harbour view room - well worth the extra money) but the rest of us will still be blown away!

We stayed here with our 1 year old son - he loved watching the ferries and the spa bath!!!! The suites have a proper kitchen (not a galley), great bathrooms and comfy king size beds.

We booked the grand night in package - we were a little disappointed - you had to microwave your own popcorn, and the hot chocolate was from a sachet - but other than that everything was fantastic.

The service was friendly and helpful.

wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member costaki10

Stayed here for one night with my girlfriend. It was a wonderful hotel from the time I walked into the lobby till the time I walked out of it there was not 1 problem. Hotel staff was great and whenever I wanted something within mins they were at my room with what I ordered. Had great views of the Harbour Bridge and opera house.
Rooms are great, everything inside is modern.

Would 100% suggest if you’re going to be staying in Sydney to stay here.

Perfect location & accommodation

by TripAdvisor Member AKL07

Stayed here in March 2007 for a week (I know - I'm a bit slow writing my review). The location is a perfect base for exploring Sydney with great views no matter which side of the apartment block you stay in. The accommodation is spotless, roomy and has everything you need. The staff are endlessly helplful and nothing is too much for them. Would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Sydney - it's got everything at its doorstep.

Perfect place to stay in Sydney

by TripAdvisor Member markddgm

Just finished staying at this hotel, I was only there for 3 nights so I'll keep this review short but basically if you are planning a trip to Sydney and you want to be in and around the Opera House and the Rocks, this is the hotel for you!
The balconys look at the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the service is 1st class and everything is on your doorstep - so a big thumbs up from me!

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member luvstotravel63

We stayed in a one-bedroom suite for 5 nights at the end of February and couldn't have been happier. Our 17 year old daughter was with us and was very comfortable on a pullout couch in the spacious separate living room. Both the bedroom, with king bed and ample closet space, and the living room have flat screen TVs (living room is also equipped with DVD player). Great views out of large picture windows with a small balcony. The bathroom was clean and spacious with a separate shower and jacuzzi tub. Really liked the washer and dryer tucked into the streamlined kitchen.

Location was ideal as bus, ferry and train stations are right out the door plus the cruise ship terminal is also right there (we were disembarking from a cruise ship and walked to the hotel...a very reasonalbe walk even wheeling luggage). Staff were very helpful and we were able to check into our suite immediately despite arriving 3 hours before check in time.

Wireless internet was not free, maximum charge per day was $29.00 Australian.

I would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.

Comments