Satisfaction Very Good
Value Score No Data
Good For Business
Best Location Sydney YHA
After staying in Sydney Harbour YHA, I decided to try out Railway Square YHA before I left Sydney.
Railway Square YHA is equally given me a good experience as compare to Sydney Harbour YHA. They are just different in a lot of ways.... but they both have own unique qualities that make me wanted to return!!
Why Railway Square YHA?
1) The location is strategic to move around Sydney. The city bus stop is about 500m from the hostel. The hostel is at the Central Station, you can get into the platforms through a walking tunnel. It is a short walk to Chinatown and Paddy Market.
2) The funky railway carriages were converted into accommodation bedrooms. This makes it special as you can't find it anywhere else. The room are cozy, clean, and neat.
3) This hostel has marketed internationally. So, you will find that there are more international visitors to stay here specially from Asian regions. Some of their receptionists speak foreign languages.
4) It is cheaper to stay here than Sydney Harbour YHA.
5) It has an outdoor pool, it is good for the summer.
I will choose to stay here again if I return to Sydney.
Unique Quality: Location!! Location!! Location!!
Directions: Walk south of George St toward Central Station. It is just next the Railway Square tunnel.
Sleeping in a railway station?
YHA hostels in Australia are pretty nice and clean. This one is not an exception. Many people think that there is only 1 YHA in Sydney city which is YHA Central and overlook this lovely Railway Square YHA, what a pity, as the dorm rooms here are cheaper than Central, which is just a few minutes away! Also, this hostel is quite new and well maintained (its previous use was a railway station). If you're willing to pay AUD6 more, you can even share a cabin with others! Its kitchen is huge and clean too.
Unique Quality: ...yet to be improved
It'd be more backpacker-friendly if free luggage storage rooms could be provided.
Directions: near Central Station
Popular Hotels in Sydney
7 Hickson Road, The Rocks, Sydney
27 O'Connell St, Sydney
534 Kent St., Sydney
Corner Bridge and Phillip Streets, Sydney
Explore the World
- Sunset at Aninuan Beach Resort
- La Amada Hotel
- Sabana Resort
- Sunshine Suites Resort
- Paris Las Vegas
- Distrikt Hotel New York City
- De Vere Carden Park Hotel Chester
- TRYP GUADALMAR
- Celebration World Resort
- The Blue Dolphin
- Limak Lara De Luxe Hotel & Resort
- El Mouradi Club Kantaoui
- Gunes House Hotel