Rooftop Travellers Lodge Sydney

Satisfaction Poor

More about Sydney

Not quite 5 starNot quite 5 star

Old gun emplacements on Georges HeadOld gun emplacements on Georges Head

Liz and her new friend....Liz and her new friend....

My Argentina Burger and ChipsMy Argentina Burger and Chips

Sydney in September

by pliny

Hello Everyone! My boyfriend and I will be in Sydney for a week in September and we're currently looking for a holiday apartment for the week. We were just wondering which area we should be looking at for our stay. We're not big nightlife/pub people, but would really like some nice restaurants, cafes and easy access to the main tourist areas - the harbour, the opera house, the observatory etc.

Any help really gratefully received!

by Maryimelda

Meriton Apartments are situated at various locations in Sydney but the ones at Pitt Street or Darling Harbour would probably suit you best. They also have some good deals from time to time, whoknows youmay be lucky. Google up
"Meriton Apartments, Sydney" and you'll find out all you need to know.

by colin_bramso

Hi, welcome to VT.

I suggest probably Darling Harbour. It has a variety of accommodation on both sides of the water, it's easy walking distance to the city centre, Sydney Harbour, The Rocks, Chinatown etc. etc. There are dozens of eating places in Darling Harbopur and all around the city.

Have a look at our accommodation tips here on VT (click on our names to go to our pages and follow the links) and you can also check out the accommodation at www.darlingharbour.com

by IdreamIam

Meriton Apartments are very good but try Lastminute.com, you can be lucky and get some really good deals. I don't know what your budget is so that will make a big difference. There is a new Youth Hostel in The Rocks area, which is a great area in the middle of everything you want, even though it is a Youth Hostel it is on the dearer side for a hostel.

by earthyox

I have an apartment in the city centre and offer my bedroom as short stay accommodation.

earthyox@hotmail.com
mark

Travel Tips for Sydney

Sydney Airport-You pay for trolleys

by bkarjee

The most surprising thing I found at Sydney Airport is that you have to pay A$ 4.00 for using the luggage trolley. When you are flying into Sydney Airport, the the luggage trolleys are free for all.
The other fact-not so impressive is that there are no toll free phones inside the airport. All public phones accept nothing less than 60 cents for making a local (yes, I mean local call) phone call.
That's ridiculous!. I thought the airport tax, which is an integral componant of the Air Tickets taks care of all these. Not here in Sydney.

Sydney Opera House
The Sydney...

by rozehill

Sydney Opera House
The Sydney Opera House is the busiest performing arts centre in the world. Since its opening in 1973, it has brought countless hours of entertainment to millions of people and has continued to attract the best in world class talent year after year. Even these days, many visitors are surprised to find that the Sydney Opera House is really a complex of theatres and halls all linked together beneath its famous shells. In an average year, the Sydney Opera House presents theatre, musicals, opera, contemporary dance, ballet, every form of music from symphony concerts to jazz as well as exhibitions and films. It averages around 3,000 events each year with audiences totaling up to two million. In addition, approximately 200,000 people take a guided tour of the complex each year. The Opera House operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year except Christmas Day and Good Friday.

Being our countries biggest...

by ombre

Being our countries biggest city it stands to reason.
Sydney has vast amounts of shopping places and one worth checking out is the Q.B.D
Queen Victoria Building it is a brillant building with some really expensive shops and a is one of sydneys best known shopping arcades. Sydney has such a array of great shops and markets .
I really enjoyed the shopping though newtown.
cool hip little record stores and clothing stores to a mexican restaurant which name escapes me though I found to be the best mexican restaurant I have ever eaten at and that includes about 25 I ate in in mexico itself.
the service food and the style of the place was choice to use a kiwi phrase thought ehf act i was there with 4 lovely ladys and myslef had nothing to do with it and besides I was single then lol
Sydney is a city that took me 5 years to warm to but now i love like a second home.

Grab your walking shoes........

by emerald125

There are many great walks close to the city and there is probably no better way to get a feel for Sydney than to stroll the harbour foreshore on a sunny afternoon. See my walks travelogue for details of specific walks. One of my favourite things to do is to grab the weekend papers and a picnic lunch and head to the Botanic Gardens for a few hours relaxing in the sun.

Or catch the ferry from Circular Quay to Cremorne Point then wander the edges of the harbour to Mosman rowers club for a bbq lunch, nice cold drink and the last ferry home!

Sydney In July - Remember, It's Winter!

by CelticSu

When we visited Australia a few years ago, it was winter in Sydney and it was freezing! Our problem was that we were to travel throughout Australia, and the weather was different everywhere we went - packing was a real challenge (especially with the limits imposed by airlines & all). I brought lightweight layers as a way of dealing with it, but I was still freezing in Sydney - be sure to bring gloves for your hands!

That being said, we still had a wonderful time - it was totally worth the time we spent there. Also took a guided trip up into the Blue Mountains, which we thoroughly enjoyed as well. The greatest advantage to being in Sydney during the winter is that it will also be "winter" in the Northern Territories if you're going there as we did - which means it will be warm to hot, but not sweltering & unbearably humid.

Comments