Saville 2 Bond Street

Mantra 2 Bond Street
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Saville 2 Bond Street

Great hotel, great location!

by TripAdvisor Member Hammermill

We stayed in this hotel over a weekend in August. Got a great rate on the internet and were pleasantly surprised at how nice and conveniently located this hotel was. We had a studio room with queen bed and fold-out sofa for our daughter. The kitchen was lovely and we made good use of the laundry facilities in the bathroom. The only problem we had was with the poorly-designed shower in the bathroom. The shower floor was pretty much flush with the bathroom floor and only separated by a thin metal door jamb. As you would expect, the floor was soaked after our showers!

Avoid!!!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member HungryTraveller

1. Noisy (see other posts). Windows don't seem to fully close and shut the sound out.

2. Room layout. Bathroom, then kitchen, dining room and living room, and then a TINY bedroom. I'd rather not have the kitchen and living room and have a bigger bedroom. I couldn't even get my suitcase into the bedroom closet it was so tiny. On the plus side, the bed (while small) is firm. The descriptions on most sites don't highlight the fact they are apartments.

3. Room service. They clearly don't know what they're doing. I called and they said "are you in residence?" --- what modern inner city hotel doesn't identify the room to the staff on calls? This one, apparently. In addition, they barely spoke English.

4. Internet access. No desk to work from, and there is a Cat 5 outlet (mis-labeled as "Modem Jack") under the TV..... luckily I bring a wireless access point with me most places but still, a very inconvenient setup. And overpriced, as per other reviews.

Great service and space

by TripAdvisor Member Sweetrose

I have stayed at a couple of the Saville hotels around Australia now and I think they provide value for money apartment style accommodation. But what I do think is the crown in the jewel is their staff. I recently stayed at Saville in Bond Street Sydney and I found the girls on the desk to be lovely and the housemaid who serviced my room throughout my stay went out of her way to help me with several requests and I really appreciated that. They provide professional service but its WARM and caring service. I can choose to stay in several preferred hotels for work but I choose this one because they're small and they take care of you. Give me an apartment with a kitchen and laundry so I dont always have to spend big and its convenient. I also know they've purchased new beds and are in the process of upgrading their entertainment equipment and the hotel in general - which I found out from the housemaid!

Everything we wanted

by TripAdvisor Member bigbirdiow

We stayed in the Saville for 4 nights and found the hotel everything we could wish for.
The staff we most obliging and very friendly, the decor was very clean and our suite had a kitchen with every thing you could wish for.Although it is in the centre of the city it was very quiet and only a 5 minute walk to circular quay.We would most deffinatley stay in a Saville hotel again.

Great Central Location, much better than the Rendezvous!

by TripAdvisor Member KailuaTara

My husband and I cancelled our reservation halfway through our stay at the Clarion Rendezvous up the street in the Rocks to stay at the Saville. We walked in one night on a whim just to see how much a room was because we just did not want to retrun to the Rendezvous! They immediately took us upstairs and showed us one of their studio rooms complete with washer and dryer, limestone shower and kitchenette complete with granite countertops and dishwasher! paradise! Right across from the Wynyard station and a couple of blocks from circular quay. Great location!

Good central location

by TripAdvisor Member CumbrianGlobetrotter

Stayed here for 3 nights. After I booked I was a bit concerned as all I kept reading about in the reviews was that it was really noisy. When we checked in we were on the 1st floor and as the hotel was full couldn't change. I have got to say that the outside noise really wasn't bad at all. If you choose a central location in a busy city you have to expect some traffic noise but as the bedroom was towards the back of the suite it really wasn't a problem. However, we must have been near where all the housekeeping staff meet up in the mornings and the noise they made was bad. The suite doors bang really loudly - you just can't close them quietly. The doors started banging about 6am and really disturbed you. Apart from this the suite was great. It was clean and modern with a lovely kitchen area and dishwasher. The bathroom was a bit on the small side.

Great Location!!

by TripAdvisor Member CathalS

Having in Sydney,l know where too stay etc and the cnr of George & Bond is one of the best locations you could stay in,in the CBD area.Within 5mins you can be at the Opera house,5-10mins to Darling harbour.With some of the best restaurants next door Est restaurant in the Establisment hotel next door,Zummit on level 47 right next door in Australia Sq.Try Flying fish near Star city Casino for Harbour views.Otherwise we stayed for 10nts in the suites,lovely pool & sun area on the roof,good gym and ideal staff.

Cracking Place, Top Banana!

by TripAdvisor Member MancOwl

Loved it loved it loved it.

Me and the newly crowned wife loved every second we were here. Its a great spot right in the middle of the city centre, walking distance from all major attractions of the city. The service is superb, clean apartments, absolutely spotless, I could go on.

The thing I loved most about it was that we were on a round the world trip going from hotel to hotel, and having an apartment was a welcome break, but you still got all the service you would expect from a hotel if required.

Superb. I want to go back.

Location Location Location

by TripAdvisor Member Baxie

For the rates charged by Saville at 2 Bond St this hotel has to be the best located hotel in Sydney. I have stayed here on a number of occasions and always enjoyed my stay.

The rooms are not traditional hotel bed and tele configuration they have a loung area and a kitchen are hence the term 'suites'. On my 1st visit i was upgraded. The breaksfasts in the cafe style breakfast area are extremely pleasant - the hotel has no real bar facilities but who cares just walk out the front door and you are awash with food and drink options!

The easy access to Wynard Train and Bus Station makes travelling within the city so much easier whether you are travelling North, South, East or West.

If you have a suite close to George Street then yes it can be a little noisy so best to ask for rooms at the back of the hotel.

Comments