Stamford Grand North Ryde Sydney

Costs 30% less but rated 14% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Sydney

Picturesque West Head BeachPicturesque West Head Beach

GingeraleGingerale

Red Panda (2010)Red Panda (2010)

Speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil.Speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil.

staying and working in Sydney

by dantheexplorer999

I'm planning on being in Sydney mid may to late june. How easy would be to get casual work? And would i need a work visa?
Also how much would you recommend budgeting for a month in Sydney ?

by lynnehamman

Yes - you will defintely need a work visa. If you have one, you should not have too much trouble finding a casual job- waiting tables is a favourite.
Sydney is an expensive city to live in, I have to tell you this.
But - if you eat 'at home' , stay in cheap accommodation,use public transport and enjoy the free attractions in Sydney- A$1000.00 pm should do it. Maybe even cheaper, depending upon your way of living here.

by dantheexplorer999

Thanks very much have you got any suggestions of ways i could try and find a casual job before i went out there as i dont particularly fancy spending £220 pound on a work visa if i havent got many guarentees especially as im on a very tight budget.
Thanks

by lynnehamman

No I don't know of any place for work. Usually the backpacker hostels have notices up.Or Google Casual Jobs, Sydney

Travel Tips for Sydney

My Olympic Sesame

by Tripack

When I was in Australia I was thinking to realize a crazy dream: assist to the Olympic Games Sydney2000. But how to do? All my Aussie locals friends told me that they will be impossible to get tickets or too expensive. So I choose to ask the Swiss Olympic Federation as all countries participing the Games have a limited number of tickets available. I took my chance and I succeded but many competitions proposed were extremly expensive and as I was a poor student I only choose qualification round tickets more affordable.

I assisted to the opening ceremony which was displayed on big screen on CIrcular Quay in an incredible athmosphere and I even lost my voice when the Swiss Olympic Team appeared on the screen during the parade i Australia Stadium 8-O.

The next day with my Olympic sesame I went to the Olympic Park, some people said me that you will be not allowed to get inside without pass. It was not exact as you need only ticket to access to the differents staduim, I even see ticket office selling the remaining tickets for the daily competition, so I would be able to buy my tickets directly here without passing by the Swiss Olympic federation...

Now the Games could begin for me. The ticket aside was for the basketball game USA - China, the United States won 119 - 72...

See the Harbour. There are...

by TomNCarlisa

See the Harbour. There are lots of things to see there...The famous Sydney Opera House. The beautiful Harbour bridge. And a trip to the Koala park is a must do. My fondest memory of Sydney would be the politeness of the locals. But on the tourist side....was our trip to Koala Park Sanctuary. Seeing Koalas and Kangaroos for the first time was incredible. I thought my wife was going to take one of the Koalas home with her...after cuddling it.

As well as being one of the...

by ankx

As well as being one of the most beautiful harbours in the world, Sydney is also a vital working port. Together with Port Botany, the ports of Sydney are an essential part of the economic infrastructure of NSW, handling over $40 billion in trade annually.

I was all geared up for my...

by Ronald_T

I was all geared up for my trip to the AMP Tower Centre Point but on arrival was very disappointed to find I was not allowed to. You can imagine how I felt! This was because of the risk of further injury to my already sore and broken shoulder. AMP Tower Centre Point is located near St. James Station. My friend and guide told me that this tour is an awesome experience. The views of Sydney and its surrounds are breathtaking from the tallest observation deck in the Southern Hemisphere. The entrance fee also includes a Sky Tour: The Great Australian Expedition. Take a virtual journey around Australia then see the harbour to the north, the Pacific Ocean to the east, Botany Bay to the south and the Blue Mountains to the west, and everything in between. You can also dine in two revolving restaurants. This can be organised separately.  Definitely on my list for a future trip!!!

Aboriginals

by cjg1

When we were walking in Circular Quay there were some Aboriginal people in traditinal dress and face paint playing the didgeridoo. You were able to take picture of them and with them for a small "donation".

Comments