Cnr Campbell Parade & Beach Rd., Sydney, New South Wales, 2026, Australia

Otel.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 26% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• Overpriced

Would not recommend this hotel. It is overpriced for what it is - the four 1/2 stars gives a incorrect impression. The rooms are tatty and the one we had smelt of old cigarettes. Booming music starts early evening to late so if you want to enjoy the view you can grit you teeth with the windows open or view from safety behind two glass doors. The hotel puts a lot of effort into the 20-something party crowd from area but not much courtesy is shown to the guests.

• authoress's Profile Photo

Perfect Ocean View

After wandering around and checking out various hotels at both Coogee Beach and Bondi Beach we finally found Hotel Bondi which was perfect. I would definitely stay there again. Our room, in May of 2007, was $130.00 AU and we were told that if we paid for 6 nights we would get the 7th night free. We ended up staying there 11 days which, I discovered when we got home, all in all came to $800.00 U.S. Definitely very reasonable. They didn't have any single rooms available for our friend for a couple of nights so he went and stayed at a Backpackers until he could get a room there. It turned out that the single room at Hotel Bondi would cost him $50.00 a night and he was paying the same amount at the Backpacker which didn't come with much! I had to loan him a towel out of our room for a couple of nights! The staff at our hotel were all very nice. The first time I tried my luck at the casino, I had no idea of how to cash out and the casino manager was very nice and showed me what to do and brought my winnings to me (beginners luck!).

Unique Quality: The hotel provides a small fridge and an electric kettle with packets of Nescafe, tea and sugar and creamers in the fridge. No limit to how many you can have. It was nice to be able to have a coffee on the balcony every morning without having to get dressed to go out and admire the beautiful view of the beach! The rooms are all non-smoking but they do provide ashtrays out on the balconies. If you don't want to spend the extra $30.00 for a balcony/view, there are still communal balconies on the side with tables, chairs and ashtrays.
    Bathrooms were clean with a good shower and there is plenty of shampoo and soap. There is also a hairdryer. Rooms having an iron and ironing board in the closet.
    You can store valuables in a lock box at the front desk if necessary.
    It is close to everything you might need. There is a internet place just down the street which charged $3.00 an hour and you have a choice of either going to one of many restaurants or there are take-out places and a grocery store nearby as well. There is also a money exchange next to the hotel (I only saw it open once though so I don't know what was up with that - we went to one on the next block which we found didn't charge a fee)
    The hotel also has a restaurant, bar, casino, smoking lounge and non-smoking lounge.

Directions: Just look for the hotel with the clock on the main street by the beach - you'll find it

• SierraSydney's Profile Photo

Stay in a Sandcastle !

Directly across from the most famous stretch of sand and surf the Swiss-Grand is a 4.5 star luxury all-suite Resort.

Close to the city, the airport, the beach and a short walk to Bondi Beach Markets on Sundays :)

Lots of buses to the city are right at your doorstep.

Unique Quality: Most rooms have a great view, the hotel is in an excellent location, and serves an excellent breakfast although there are plenty of cafes/restaurants and take away shops just seconds away.

The building always reminds me of a huge sandcastle on the beach.

• leffe3's Profile Photo

It has a Bondi Location

Huge block overlooking the beach - you couldn't find a more central location in Bondi if you tried. Beach level is the omnipresent shops and bars/restaurants. Take a lift (or use separate exclusive hotel entrance in side street) to the enormous and impersonal foyer. The hotel has two pools and numerous other facilities that you would expect from such a 'resort' hotel. All the rooms are large, each with a separate sittng area/TV room. But its all a bit tatty round the edges and totally impersonal in terms of space and decor (although the staff are very friendly and try to make up for it).

Unique Quality: Beware. Rooms above about 36 on each floor (ie 236, 336) overlook the Bondi Hotel. Friday and Saturday night = live bands and club nights. Result? Dance to the beat? Never - your room postively reverberates to the beat. And even with double glazing, the hotel has not been able to fully deal with the noise.
    I was in rooms on both sides of the hotel, and although the other side was minus the reverberations, its not a place I would rush back to. But that's my personal taste - there were a number of groups booked in and they seemed happy enough when I saw them in the foyer - ditto families.

I HATED IT.

More about Swiss Grand Hotel Bondi Beach (Cnr Campbell Parade Beach Rd Bondi Beach Sydney Nsw 2026)

Over Priced "part" ocean view

by TripAdvisor Member allanmc

After reading the previous reviews, I was hesitant to book this hotel, but after the advice of Australian based friends I went ahead and booked and Ocean View King for two nights, at $255 Australian Dollars a night !

Sure Bondi is a great location and this seems the only "decent" hotel in the area.
Checked in and found the room very dated, actually old. Dirty bedcover, previous occupants hairs in the bath and basin, unclean shower, a miss match of furniture fittings. Unable to control the hot and cold water in the shower due to the poor quality of the cheap bathroom fittings they have used, and just to make my day the "Ocean View Suite" was only a half ocean view due to two large canopies/awnings thay have used to cover the outside bar/restaurant on the second level.
Ok so fine, we were only there for two nights and we could at least walk along the beach front etc.etc...I can put up with some things but at $255 a night my money could have been better spent elsewhere.

Breakfast was down right....no good.
It took me 3 goes to get a clean plate, the first two I picked up from the buffett had leftovers that had obviously not been cleaned off in the dishwasher.
The hotel is overall drab, old and not at all inviting. For such a great location I hope some time in the future there is a better choice in this area for accomodation.
But all in all you can't beat the view of Bondi Beach, so while I don't recommend the hotel I surley recommend the beach. Stay somewhere else and take a day trip to Bondi. This hotel IS NOT value for money.

SUPER LOCATION,FRIENDLY STAFF AND OVERLOOKING BONDI BEACH,COOL!!

by TripAdvisor Member franDorset_England

We arrived at the hotel at 08:00 having flown into Sydney from the UK.Our room was ready for us which was most appreciated.Although we didn't have an ocean view the room was clean,comfortable and spacious.It was just like it was pictured on the internet.On one occasion we put a "clean the room" sign on the door.We guess someone must have turned it around to "do not disturb" so the room wasn't cleaned.We phoned reception and asked for some clean towels and some milk,it was brought to us within 5 mins.The only downside was the fact that the crockery was'nt all that clean at times,and there was a hair in the dessert one evening although the restaurant meals were very good.The location is excellent and if anyone is thinking of staying in bondi this would be the place to stay!!

Great hotel

This is a great hotel- cant understand the poor reviews. Hotel staff could nt have been more friendly-they arranged all our trips for us- Blue mountains, Hunter Valley, Bridge Climb etc. Our room was of a high standard with great views of Bondi Beach. Its in a perfect position for Bondi Beach, shops, restaurants etc. There is a nice rooftop pool. Had a wonderful Seafood buffet on Sunday. Have stayed here twice now and would come back again.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sineaduk

Stayed in this hotel with 2 friends for 5 nights. It was a great location. Frequent buses into the centre of sydney. Gorgeous room with a brilliant view. Found the facilities great aswell. The staff were very friendly. Would definatly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Bondi!!

What a joke - absolutly not grand!!

The Swiss Grand is apparently Bondi’s best accommodation - and to say the least it was awful. There’s a good reason why they don’t show the rooms on their internet site - because they are embarrassing. The service was fine and the location was great. If you are looking for a quiet stay - don’t go to Bondi, let alone stay at the Swiss Grand. It caters well to cheap and tacky weddings, and is the aspiartaional location for all middle class Australians. Welcome to bogan central. If you want to stay here go to wotif(-) and get discount rates…

no response from hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ageingwanderers

This is a ''late'' review because we actually stayed there last summer, but having read the other reviews on this site to see was there any improvement (our daughter lives five doors from the hotel and we are going back this month) I have to agree with the negative comments.

What I wanted to add was that, when we left, we filled in the customer review form and handed it in at reception. It was a balanced, ''thank you for the kindness, but....'' sort of letter with very constructive advice, like clean the rooms. Do something with the homemade furniture.

I thought it was very telling that we never received any acknowledgement, even though I had left our address and email address on the form.

Comments