Value Score No Data
Good For Families
Cheap accomodation in Sydney
Hotels in Sydney arent exactly cheap so heres an option for people who are budget travellers
Try this link below.
Directions: Sydney CBD
Sleeping right in the City Centre!!!
I chose Sydney Backpackers simply becos of its excellent location. I didn't wanna walk a long way to get out to the attractions or to sleep after a whole day out. Sydney Backpackers is really centrally located, just a 15 min walk to Circular Quay and less than 5 min walk to Hyde Park.
I originally booked a single room for the first 2 nights as I needed to study alone silently but when I checked in, I was told that the floor of the single rooms was under reconstruction which I was not informed of when I reserved the room. Luckily they were fair people and showed me the condition, which I felt not quite ok; and in the end they put me in a very spacious 10-bed female dorm, with just 2 other girls!!! And it's an en-suite!!! I felt so happy in that room! (note: that's room no. 34- the only ensuite!)
Originally I booked a 4-bed dorm from the 3rd night onwards together with my baby but also due to the renovation works, they let us stay in a 10-bed mixed dorm instead. Though the mixed dorm was much smaller than the female dorm and was not en-suite, I still found it ok.
The thing I liked this place the most is that the reception staff was really friendly and helpful, particularly Chris, who helped find the 'most silent' dorm for me for my first night. She's also the only hostel-staff I met from all my travels that greeted me by my name every time we met! That's really sweet.
Unique Quality: Goodies:
- excellent location (right opposite to the Hoytes Cinema on George St)
- very clean (bedsheets/kitchen/shower ...all very clean!!!)
- friendly staff (particularly Chris @ the reception)
- reasonable price for its location (AUD28 per night in a 10-bed dorm)
- the whole building is alcohol free!!!
- the owner told me that unless it's really fully booked, they wouldn't put 10 ppl in a 10-bed dorm, at most 7 or 8, which was true.
To be improved:
- no internet access
- a bit old, especially the lift
- no reading lamps by the beds
- a bit pricy airport transfer
Renovation works were under process when I checked out on 31.05.2006. Check with them when you book if it's not ok for you.
Directions: Wilmot Street is a small street right opposite to the Cinema (close to Town Hall Station)
This is best located accomodation for Sydney. The operator is very friendly and the place is clean. Within 2 mins walk there is mart where you can get your daily groceries or toilteries or anything :-) It's safe as well because the street is monitor by CCTV.
Popular Hotels in Sydney
7 Hickson Road, The Rocks, Sydney
27 O'Connell St, Sydney
534 Kent St., Sydney
Corner Bridge and Phillip Streets, Sydney
Explore the World
- Sofitel Philippine Plaza
- Coast Long Beach Hotel
- Sheraton Seattle Hotel Towers
- Century Citadel Inn
- Magna Graecia Hotel
- Guoman Hotel Hanoi
- Delta Montreal
- Comfort Inn Saint Cloud
- Sakol Hotel
- PRINTANIA - CHATEAUX & HOTELS DE FRANCE
- Pacific Pensionne
- Saint George Three Corners Resort
- Hilton London Paddington
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Key West