The Bayside Hotel

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Sydney

My Wife and her BlondeMy Wife and her Blonde

Loving the rooftop barLoving the rooftop bar

Tossed Salad with ChickenTossed Salad with Chicken

My boyfriend taking a photo of an emuMy boyfriend taking a photo of an emu

Featherdale timing

by ymail

I want to visit Featherdale with kids during Christmas vacations. We will be going there by road and want to avoid reaching at Featherdale when lodes of tourist buses also reached there.

Any suggestion, what would be the best time to avoid big crowed at Featherdale?

Thanks

by GrumpyDiver

I can't comment on the specific site, but my golden rule for high-profile tourist sites is to plan to be there when other people aren't. Be there first thing in the morning when they open up and you will get a bit of respite before the hordes show up.

That rule has worked for me everywhere we have travelled.

by lynnehamman

Sorry to tell you this- but during the Xmas period and vacations Featherdale will be crowded all day and every day. Its a hugely popular destination for locals and tourists.

by Kakapo2

As there is a relatively new wildlife centre at Darling Harbour perhaps the crowds get a little smaller at Featherdale... I have made the experience that in times of very high visitor numbers it is still best to arrive when the doors open, and during lunch time. So either choose to have an early or late lunch and walk around while others are eating.

by K.Knight

The doors open at 9am and close at 5pm. The problem with this is that both of these opening and closing times see you driving in Sydneys Peak hour traffic!

My only advice id to get the Featherdale factsheet and have a look at the feeding times. If you are not interested in all of the feeding you can hand pick the ones yu want to see and head in the opposite direction for the ones you don't. This way the crowds are at the feding and you can enjoy the other animals without the crowds!

Also, have an early or late luch! That way, when the crowds are packing out the cafes. you have the place to yourselves!

Travel Tips for Sydney

Olympic Stadium

by pmarshuk

While I was there they were just preparing for the 2000 Olympics. The Olympic stadium was designed to hold 110,000 spectators for the Olympics but afterwards temporary grandstands would be removed and the capacity reduced to 80,000.

St. Mary's Cathedral

by dlandt

St. Mary's is a large cathedral designed and decorated to European standards. See the travelogue for more pictures. Its quite a large cathedral, but had a large section under maintenance while I was there. I didn't like having to pay A$2 to take pictures, but it beat the one in Antwerp where you need to pay two euros to even visit. As a practicing Catholic, I feel I should have access to our churches pretty much anywhere I go, but in Sydney, its free if you just want to pray and not take any pictures.

Amazing trees

by Gypsystravels

The trees, oh the glorious trees!! I love nature and trees in particular, especially trees with thick trunks, many branches and plenty of shade. I love the way the trees look and the peace and serenity I feel when I am around these magnificient living things .

These particular trees where found on the grounds of Botanic Gardens and Domain. Many of the trees are protected by some barriers, while others weren't. Enjoying a walk among these magnificient living things was a big hilight for me.

KEEP LEFT IN OZ

by AmazingAdventures

It all starts with driving on the left side of the road, while sitting in the drivers seat on the right hand side of the car.

If you're like me you have to constantly remember to walk to the left on public walkways, escalators, stairs. There are even signs on the street corners in the CBD reminding you to look left.

I never even gave escalators a second thought until I started to get on the wrong side!

While I know I need to keep left, it is easier said than done and I have to keep saying to myself "Keep left, keep left, keep left"

Packing List

by carstenj

Insignificant. Some may want to ensure they have room for didgediroos etc. Sydney's summer is December through February and it is warm to hot (24C to 34C) and quite humid 70+n January/February, so pack light.
Spring and autumn can be warm and sunny one day and cool windy and raining the next, temperatures swing from 17C to 25C
Winter is June through August and when coldest it is a mere 8C at night. The day temps would be 15C to 20C.
A tip: Beware of the winds and bring or purchase an umbrella ($3 at a chemist).

Comments