The Diamant Boutique Hotel Sydney

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about The Diamant Boutique Hotel Sydney

Unsatisfactory

by TripAdvisor Member Vitrioleuse

The nature of my work means I travel regularly so I am always looking for excellent places to stay to ease the stress. Unfortunately, I couldn't tick many boxes at the Diamant either for business or pleasure.

The service was casual, yet satisfactory. It's a personal preference, I know, but I really prefer the reception desk to be client oriented - not a place for staff discussion, work-related or otherwise.

The lobby and rooms were tastefully appointed and the bathroom products were excellent.

If I was staying longer I would've preferred a bathtub, but for a short stay the shower alone is fine.

The rooms are on the small side but I didn't feel cramped.

Unfortunately these positives did little to appease my disappointment upon arrival when I was informed that because I had not booked a car park that I would need to take my car around the block to a public parking station. Availability at the carpark could not be guaranteed, nor could the price and I ended up paying over $50 for the privilege.

After the hike back to the hotel I was looking forward to kicking back with some tunes using the iPod docking station. It didn't work, which is not that big a drama, but when, after several calls, I couldn't get a response from the concierge or reception desks to solve the problem my frustration escalated. When I eventually got a hold of someone the response was 'when you turn on the power it should work'. Of course it should. After a visit from a staff member who had the same problem it was replaced, but initially she doubted whether this would be possible.

Before booking a harbour room view I would suggest you consider what you expect. For the price, the partial harbour view is to be expected, what isn't to be expected is the hideous construction site complete with scaffolding dominating entire length of the wall width window. If you are going to stay here I would recommend another room option as this view was seriously hideous and I kept the curtains closed for the entire stay.

In general, my stay wasn't disastrous but it was certainly unsatisfactory. I will stay at the Diamant again if there are no other options, but first I will be looking really, really hard for something else.

wonderful bed

by TripAdvisor Member timsdm

A very stylish hotel great location.
I agree with most of the previous reviewers in most aspects.
The view was as described and exactly as shown on their website. The staff were friendly and helpful when needed.
The restaurant downstairs is great well worth a visit.
Top Tip if the taxi driver asks where it is tell them next to the coke sign.

I'd certainly stay again

Super Diamant

by TripAdvisor Member onespecialgal

The service at this hotel was unbelievable. Upon arriving and being assisted by Alex, the Assistant Manager to all the girls, they went out of the way to help.

The room was immaculate and they even had wonderful chocolates for you before bed.

The bed was comfortable and everything was white and clean.

No crowding in the room. You didn't have to worry about tripping over yourself.

I would definitely recommend this hotel primarily because of the service and cleanliness.

A simply amazing hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member Simcp

Stayed at the Diamant for two nights in April and was very pleased overall, this hotel is amazing, modern, clean, spacious and topped off with great service. The hotel is situated a bit far away from a lot of shopping and tourist destinations e.g Queen Victoria Building and Darling Harbour but if you dont mind a little bit of a walk its not to bad. Rooms are VERY nicely decorated and clean, White bed linen and huge plasma TV's in every room. Bathroom a bit on the smaller side but tasteful none the less. Overall a great experience and would most likely stay there again in future.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member GemSyd

For me, a hotel stay in the city is something I like to treat myself and my husband to a few times a year. It's nice to be pampered and have a night away from the kids. But it really is a special occasion, at this hotel, I felt that we were disadvantaged for not having a whole heap of excess cash in the bank and only a visa debit card.

In check-in they took out $100 for any incidentals, although this has been done before I fail to see why they actually have to take money out rather than an impression and they also failed to tell us that the money wouldn't go back into our account for 3-5 days.
The room was lovely, amazing television, bed nice modern bathroom (although no bath), excellent air conditioning and a chocolate on your pillow. The mini bar was not fully stocked but since it's electronic i.e. it can tell when you remove something and automatically adds it to your bill I wasn't worried. The room was everything it promised to be and the concierge was a joy to deal with. Again though, if you want the complimentary xbox in your room they'll take a further $300 out of your account.
Staff were lovely and the facilities nice but again on the financial side, we were charged for mini bar purchases (presumably the originally missing item).

All in all, the hotel was exactly as described and I'd definitely stay there again, the television and bed really did it for me and the location is excellent. Just make sure you've got plenty of cash in the bank or no limit on the credit card.

Fantastic - a must stay

by TripAdvisor Member buster30Perth

We arrived in Sydney at 7am very tired having flown overnight from Perth. We made our way straight to the hotel to drop off our bags as check in time was 3pm.

Upon arrival we were met by a very helpful lady who took our bags and checked us in. She apologised that she could not give us our room immediately as the hotel was fully booked (not surprisingly) but took my mobile number and said she would phone us as soon as the room was ready.

True to her word she called us at 11am and our room was ready. The room itself was great and had a view of the harbour bridge and the Opera house.

I liked the little touches like different types of tea, a real hairdryer, an ironing board and iron, the ipod docking station and DVD player which all made for a great stay.

Everything about our trip was perfect. The staff are great and the whole experience has a "Hotel Babylon" feel to it.

Well done to the management.

Nice, but.........

We were in Sydney for a wedding, and wanted to stay in a 'luxury' hotel without breaking the bank, that was the initial attraction to the Diamant. We booked a decent b&b rate directly through the hotel (in the harbour view room thinking it would have a more romantic view) and I was glad at the end of it we hadn't paid more than we did.

Upon arrival, we found it's basically on the corner of a busy intersection, and arriving on Saturday night we quickly realised the part of town we were in after seeing some 'interesting' sights.

I would highly advise (especially if you're staying a weekend) to BOOK a carspace with the hotel in advance. We didn't know this and had to do a few laps around the block late at night looking for public parking and finally ended up being sent a few blocks down to the Diamant's sister hotel which luckily had a free space. The hotel has VERY limited parking, and it's expensive (we are still very lucky here in Melbourne!).

IF we stay again, I definitely wouldn't waste my money on a harbour view room as you can see from the photo we literally had another building right out our window, and could just spot about 1/3 of the harbour bridge, which was quite disappointing. Nothing like the view shown on their website. Overall though, the room was clean, with all the mod cons, certainly not 'uber luxurious' but the bed was GREAT. Tiny bathroom with no towel racks, and not quite pristine clean (some paint marks, loose grouting, a hair).

Definitely recommend breakfast in their restaurant, the vegetarian omelette was divine and brekkie was great value overall being included in our rate (we ate and drank ALOT). We also used the adjoining fitness first gym included as part of our stay at the Diamant, and that was great.

Overall, pretty convenient location, helpful staff, comfortable rooms, but lacking a few little conveniences (parking etc) and a bit rough around the edges. I felt at times the hotel wasn't sure who it was catering to - tourists/leisure, or business travellers, and the 'boutiqueness' made it a bit boring. The other thing I thought a bit strange is they take a fairly substantial 'bond' for the room upon check-in, so just keep an eye on your account, and at the end of your stay, make sure it all sorts out.

Hubbie and I did had a lovely weekend, but pretty sure we might try somewhere else next time.

iPod docking station - nice touch!

by TripAdvisor Member blamat

Gorgeous king-sized bed, soft down pillows, lovely friendly service and great interior design. We were very impressed by the iPod docking station too. Why is it most hotels think all you want to do is watch movies? We're all about having music on, and could even play CDs in the DVD player.

The carpark situation was a little weird, but we were told it's still kind of under construction.

All in all, amazing value for what we got. We'll be back for sure!

Stay here, you won't regret it.

by TripAdvisor Member victoryeo

I don't usually make the effort to write reviews, but the Diamant offered such a wonderful experience throughout my 3 night stay in Sydney that I feel compelled to write one. Everything went smoothly, service was excellent, and staff were extremely helpful. Yes, they did block off 300 AUD upon check-in, but that's quite a normal practice for most luxury hotels anyway.

Coming in at 6am on an overnight flight, we were granted an early check in when we got to the hotel at about 7.30am. From check-in to the room, the entire process took less than 5 minutes. Great impression already. The bed was extremely comfortable, and in my opinion better than Westin's much touted heavenly bed. Staff gave great tips on how to get to destinations, even looking up the internet on places they are not familiar with. Again, nothing was too much fuss throughout our four days in Sydney. Rooms were cleaned satisfactorily, amenities refilled, everything went great.

After three nights of great service, what more could we expect? Well, my girlfriend left her wallet behind in the room, and we only realised that when we got to the airport to catch our flight to melbourne. This potentially distressing episode was resolved quickly with help from the hotel staff as well. They promptly found the missing wallet, together with her luggage lock which she also left behind, and delivered it to the airport in a taxi. We didnt even feel a need to check that the cash in the wallet was in tact, such was our trust in the hotel. If the hotel management is reading this, please let me say again, thank you Sarah and Adrian, and all other members of staff that made our stay so comfortable.

In sum, my recommendation is, just go and stay there, you won't regret it; the room's more than comfortable, the amenities great, the location convenient (less than 5 min walk to the subway). We'll definitely stay there again if we're back in sydney. Perhaps my only gripe would be why there wasn't foxtel on TV? But that's really nit-picking already.

Finally, it is also worth highlighting that despite being located in the King's Cross/Potts Point area, at no point did my girlfriend and I feel threatened or in danger. Sure the area is crowded at night, but I felt perfectly safe walking through.

5 Star Staff, 5 Star Location, 5 Star Bed- GREAT PLACE!

by TripAdvisor Member mammaisontheinternet

We were staying happily at the Diamont's litttle brother, The Altamont Hotel (a 3 minute walk away) when the Altamont's manager told us to stay at the Diamont upon our late return to Sydney because the Diamont has a 24 hour front desk while the Altamont does not. The manager booked our Diamont room for us and gave us the Altamont rate.

The DIamont is a very nice place to stay. The other reviews sum it up nicely: superb superb superb staff and management, great location, phenomenal bed, very quiet room, interesting hallways, etc. etc. We have only good things to say about the hotel. The staff were exceedingly helpful when we needed some guidance on how to spend a free rainy day in Sydney.

We highly recommend the hotel!

Comments