Travellers Rest

Booking.com Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Sydney

The Russell HotelThe Russell Hotel

Lichen on defensive wallsLichen on defensive walls

Just hanging out....Just hanging out....

Liz and her Salt & Pepper SquidLiz and her Salt & Pepper Squid

farm stay - 3 hours or lesser drive from sydney..

by dachel

We would like to have farm stay with farm activitiies, BBQ & kitchenette facilities. any recommendation? Preferably about 3 hours or lesser drive from sydney city.

by ozpaul

Have a look at this website - you might be interested.

www.farmstayholidays.com.au

Picton is not all that far from Sydney and the drive is quite good. Beautiful area with lots to see and do.

by ozpaul

Sorry - meant to say it is only about 1.5 hours approx from Sydney to Picton.

by IdreamIam

I have not stayed there but I was doing a search to find a place to take our grandchildren, it is in Glouster which is about 3 hours from Central Sydney and a lovely area, you are in the area of the Hunter Valley which is a well known wine area.
We did take them to Morven Valley Guesthouse which was lovely and is in Bundanoon, about 2 hours from Sydney, our Grandchildren loved it, both are self catering accommodation.

by blodwen181

The Kangaroo Valley is no more than 3 hours away from Sydney and its lovely, quiet, and very green (or at least it was when I was there last). There is a river to canoe on and everything and the people are lovely.

by dachel

tks pals for the recommendation. our budget is below $200 per night includes farm activities for the family, if possible.

Travel Tips for Sydney

The Rocks

by ATXtraveler

The Rocks in Sydney is one of the more historical places you can visit on your trip to Sydney. Originally, this area was the first settlement of Europeans upon arrival in Australia. Prior to this time however it was the location of Aboriginal settlement. Still today, archaelogical digs are finding more information about who was here before.

Today, the history is preserved in a different format. Waterside eateries, a beautiful walkway from Circular Quay to the Harbour Bridge, and then the central area in which the Rocks Market is located is to be found.

The best idea is to grab a Aussie Meat Pie and a beer, then enjoy a walk through the market.

In January there is the...

by flingebunt

In January there is the Festival of Sydney with a lot of free entertainment, especially the concerts in the domain. Here you can have a picnic and listen to Opera, Classical Music and Jazz with 100,000 other people Sydney has one of the most amazing selections of food from around the world.

A Fabulous Birthday Dinner in Sydney!

by cjg1

Every year we go somewhere for my Birthday. In 2010, this somewhere was one of my favorite cities: Sydney. I decided while in this wonderful city I wanted to have my Birthday Dinner at my favorite Sydney Restaurant: Yellow Bistro.

So with two of my favorite people my wife and Laura; we went to Yellow Bistro for my Birthday Diner. Yellow has incredible food and desserts so I knew this meal would be excellent.

We started with some delicious garlic bread and a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. I had the sole for dinner, Liz had the tagliatelle with mushrooms and I don't remember what Laura had for an entree. I loved my meal and even managed to grab a bite or two of Liz's pasta.

Dessert was incredible. I has the large portion of Tiramisu which is the best Tiramisu I have ever eaten anywhere. Laura has the chocolate mousse and Liz had the flourless chocolate cake.

It was an incredible meal and we enjoyed the evening. It as one of my favorite Birthday memories.

Visit the Sydney Visitors Centre

by emerald125

The main tourist office is located in 106 George St in The Rocks. There are more brochures than you can poke a stick at and you will find lots of information about the best ways to see the major attractions.

Open 9.30-5.30 everyday except Christmas and Good Friday. They also have lots of info on the rest of NSW if you are heading off exploring the coast or the countryside.

The right adaptor is important

by Gypsystravels

Because I travel often I purchased a converter and an adaptor kit which includes all the adaptors I would need for any particular country. If you forget to take your own adopter, most hotels will "loan" you one (at a charge, which they will deduct once you return it). If you travel often, I would recommend that you purchase your own and take it with you on your trips.

Comments