Travelodge North Ryde

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Sydney

Backstage with TomBackstage with Tom

Sculpture in the gardenSculpture in the garden

The gorgeous lake outside the cavesThe gorgeous lake outside the caves

Our nice cold beerOur nice cold beer

Looking for folk

by sarahloumarsh

Hello. Im Louise, 23 from Manchester, England.
I arrive in Australia on November 10th with a travel buddy i met on a gapyear website.

We land in Perth and will spend about 6 weeks on the west coast before heading to the east in time for Christmas and New Year. (car-share also wanted)

My travel buddy has plans for the Christmas period and will be visiting friends, I will be spending my first ever Christmas alone!!!!

Im a bit shocked that I decided to book this trip on a whim and be away from my family and beloved dog over christmas, i need some substitute family/friends/dogs to stop me from weeping into my Christmas dinner.

Im a very homey person and though i'm not religious i LOVE christmas for the festivities, the lights, the jolly cheer and the snow...
...Well I know you cant give me any snow but if your in a similar position to me or you just want to welcome me into your home/ give me a christmas job/ or give advice on where i should go or what i should do it would be MUCH appreciated.
Im a friendly helpful girl and open to offers from all ages, genders, races, sexuality's etc etc.. i'm basically not prejudice or judgmental and I only want to associated with other open minded folk.

A little about me: I recently graduated from University, i studied Media and Performance and I enjoy film-making, writing and acting. I like music- learning guitar (not very god yet), Im partial to karaoke though i cant sing, I like wine, I love animals, Im not at all high maintenance, I love adventures, art, theatre, diving, camping, writing, reading, cooking, eating, spontaneity, exploring. Im a hard-worker, im friendly and trustworthy. :)

Looking for a job for the christmas period also- I have experience working as a support worker for young people with disabilities, i have also worked as an activities co-ordinator for the elderly, my last job was a play-worker with children aged 6-14 (as you can see I am very responsible)
I also have worked in retail, bar-work, promotions, performance-based jobs, and as an usher. Im a people person.

My dates are flexible at the moment, just looking to meet people and se what my options are.

I have facebook- http://www.facebook.com/sarahlouisemarsh but please message me before adding me otherwise I might think your just a weird randomer.

Look forward to hearing from you :) x

by Donna_in_India

Hi - if you haven't already done so, you may want to check out Travel Buddy at http://www.travbuddy.com/

Good luck!

by brotherleelove

Sign up for www.couchsurfing.org and you'll have your choice of plenty of places to stay for free with interesting people of all ages and lifestyles.

Looking for folk

by anilpradhanshillong

In case you are interested in Shillong, Meghalaya, India - a pre-dominantly Christian state, you are welcome to my house till 27/12/10. That day, I leave on a holiday with my family. I extend this invitation to you because of your utter frankness, the fact that my son is located with his family in London and I had visited him this summer and Shillong is called, 'The Scotland of the East' and our 18-hole golf course, 'The Gleneagles of the East'. Do check out Shillong for its cold climate during Dec. No snow here ;-

by lynnehamman

Sarah...........agree that Travelbuddy is a good website to try-

However, bear in mind that Dec is high season in Sydney, and accommodation is expensive and scarce.

Also-you MUST have a work visa to do any sort of work in Australia, and produce proof of enough funds to support yourself on arrival (like a bank statement)

Email me closer to the time of your arrival- maybe we could meet up for a coffee or lunch

by Joseph69

Hi there,

I agree, travelbuddy is not a bad site to try. Yes, it can be daunting thinking that Christmas will be spent alone, but don't despair, there are many people here that can meet up with you for a meal. It's also good you're starting your holiday in the west as the east at the moment, the weather is rainy and cool. It may stay this way for a little while yet!

Happy travels! :)

by dneary87

hey Louise, Im David, 23 from Ireland. Just read your message and im sorry cant help with the christmas day thing, but im headin over to sydney in january on my own on a 3 month holiday visa. Dont really know many people there and just thought every connection is a gud thing,because Arriving in a strange place just sounds a bit daunting at the minute. So if your still looking to meet people you can facebook me on http://www.facebook.com/#!/david.neary2 hope to hear from you

Travel Tips for Sydney

Places for Luggage Storage

by Kakapo2

Every now and then someone asks in the Forum where to store luggage in the city, as they do not store luggage anymore at Central Station.

There are only two handy places, one is near the railway station, the other one near Town Hall. A third one is at the Star City Coach Terminal which is "on the other side" of Darling Harbour, not really handy if you are somewhere between Circular Quay and the Railway Station. The fourth in Manly, and finally one, of course, at the airport.

Travellers Contact Point
Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 09:00 to 18:00, Saturday 10:00 to 16:00, Closed on Sunday & Public Holidays
Telephone: 1800 647 640 or +61 2 9221 8744
Location: Dymocks Building, Level 7, 428 George Street
Website: www.travellers.com.au

Wanderers-Travel.com
Opening Hours: Monday - Sunday 8:00 to 19:00
Telephone: +61 2 9280 4933
Location: 810 George Street, Sydney
Website: http://www.wanderers-travel.com/aboutus

Here is a complete list of places for luggage storage in Sydney:

Sydney Tip

by merekh

I still remember the feeling when I walked across the harbour bridge and saw the Opera house for the first time. Then I finally realized that I WAS in Sydney, Australia! It felt so strange beeing there seeing the famous landmark.

I miss my friends and all the fun we had together.My semester abroad was a blast no doubt about it!

Meeting other VT'ers

by martin_nl

I like meeting people from all over the world and also of course fellow VT'ers. While in Sydney I met up with 2 members, jinwenwang and dracko.

I met Roman (dracko) on a nice and sunny day. We decided to meet up in Darling Harbour. We had both been waiting at a different spot, so 30 minutes later we finally found eachother at different parts of the Pyrmont Bridge. We had some food and a chat in DH and then t was time to say bye bye already.

I met Jin Wen (jinwenwang) a few week before x-mas. I already knew Jin Wen from Holland. She studied in Maastricht for a year so I had met her there before. We went for a drink and ice cream in Darling Harbour and chatted some. She satyed at her sisters place, so after the drink we walked along Darling Harbour and back to that place.

The Oz Experience. This really...

by jolou

The Oz Experience. This really isn't a must for everyone- it really depends what you are looking for. I did it for about 10 days (the route from Sydney to Brisbane). I really enjoyed the stop offs - a sheep farm (Nundle) and Bingara (small town, horesriding). I also stayed at the Oz bus's recommended hostel in Byron Bay for just over a week.Had some fantastic moments, but also some times where I just really fancied a quiet night and it's almost impossible without feeling like a sad loner! I felt quite old on it (at 26) but I guess it really depends on chance and who is on the bus. The driver was excellent. If you can tolerate feeling obliged to be continually sociable and if your liver can stand the pace, then its worth a try.

The Australian Culture is now...

by AUSSIEGEORGE

The Australian Culture is now near, pure American. The US FOrces had a terrific impact on us during WW2. Had it not been for The United States of America, we, as a nation were nearly finished. The Japanese force the attacked Pearl Harbour, 7 December 1941, attacked and destroyed the town of Darwin on our NW coast 4 months later. We who lived through and survived WW2 have a great respect and love for The United States of America, forget the politicians and government squabbles, WE Aussies Love you Yanks.

Comments