Travelodge Wynyard

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

7 - 9 York St, (Formerly Corus Sydney), Sydney, New South Wales, 2000, Australia

Travelodge Wynyard Sydney
Orbitz.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• BowTieGirl's Profile Photo

The Motel in the Heart of the City

I'll start with the greatest thing about this hotel: Location, the hotel is right near the CBD and circular Quay.
    Service:
    The service was good, the people were nice and helpful. Room service was quick when we wanted new blankets and towels.
    Facilities:
    The facilities were basic, there was gym that we didn't use. If there had been a pool we would have used it. We didn't go to the restaurant
    Amenities:
    The first thing that went wrong was that we had asked for a room with a bath, which we didn't get, so when we were moved into the room that had "disabled access" that had no view and could hardly fit a wheelchair in anyway, we were quite disappointed. Although it did have a safety bar in the bath. The bathroom had a terrible finish and the cleaning product that they had used on the bench started to dissolve one of our toiletries bags.
    The beds were hard and the decor was plain, but slightly stylish. the room was quite small and the fold out couch bed had the usual hard bar that digs into one's back. I think that the worst thing was that the area was incredibly noisy and you would expect to have double glazing and thick curtains to block out some of the noise. Unfortunately they had not which lead to traffic noise waking you up at 4:30 in the morning or the road works disturbing you at night. The walls were also thin which meant that we could hear the neighbours getting ready in the morning.
    It was approximately $200 AUD per night, a slightly unreasonable price

• 2Cities1Love's Profile Photo

Perfect location

We found the hotel very clean with everything we needed.
    Some might find the bathroooms a bit small and the shower taps a bit hard to figure out at first.
    The hotel staff were very helpful when we asked questions.

We would recomend this hotel to people who wanted easy access around the city as there is a super bus station right across the road and the train station,also it's not far to walk to the Mono Rail.and Wharf 5 for a cruise.

Unique Quality: We wanted a hotel that suited our budget and easy to get to without a car,we were going on a cruise that left from Wharf 5.
    The hotel is close Wynyard station which makes it easy to get to from the airport.

• clueless83's Profile Photo

Greatly located hotel

We arrived in Sydney tired and jetlagged after a night flight from Bangkok. We got to the Wynyard at around breakfast time. Unfortunately we had to wait several hours before we could get into our room for a much needed nap. We sat in the lounge where there is a tv and 3 computers for internet access. The lounge is right in the reception which overlooks a busy street so we watched the hustle and bustle of the locals making their way to work. Next to the reception is the breakfast room. We had breakfast here every morning, there was a good selection of cooked and continental breakfast as well as cereal and fruit.

The rooms were very long and as well as a bed and bathroom, had a kitchen area and a lounge area. The complimentary tea, coffee and sugar was replenished every day too.
    Staff are very happy to help and answered our questions for us (apart from the man I baffled by talking about koalas to).

Unique Quality: We happened to use the laundry room at this hotel, which is on the top floor. Before you go all the way up there make sure you have coins and buy some washing powder from reception otherwise you'll be up and down in the lifts. The gym is also up on this floor but we investigated the vending machines instead ;-)

The best thing about this hotel though is the location, it is a short walk to Darling Harbour in one direction and an equally short walk to Circular Quay in the other direction. The hotel is an even shorter walk to the nearest train station.

More about Travelodge Wynyard

Oodles of noodles

by clueless83 about Ramen Condor

One evening I had a craving for noodles and instead of traipsing around the city we thought we'd nip to the Japanese noodle bar up the road from our hotel (Travelodge Wynyard).
While in Australia I go to a Japanese restaurant and while in Japan I go to an Australian restaurant - go figure!

Anyway, this noodle restaurant I imagine gets more business through its takeaways as the seating is fairly limited, most of it being outside, plastic tablecloths and all. There was a sweet Japanese lady waitressing and while we were there the tables gradually got busier. The food didn't take long to arrive but after a while we began to struggle with our chopsticks, we had to ask a couple of times for forks but I think it was just because the waitress was a bit busy and scatty. I can't remember what I ate, think it may have been some sort of beef noodles. Tasted nice. I wouldn't go out of my way to come here but if you're staying at the Travelodge Wynyard its worth a look (especially if you've been trekking about and your feet are tired).

SYDNEY: 'WYNYARD HOTEL'

by sonnen_blume about SYDNEY: 'WYNYARD HOTEL'

I paid AUS dollar 60,- in July 2002 for a single incl. breakfast. central. friendly. kitchen and washing machine to use. incl. breakfast. rooms have TV and fridge.

Great place

by TripAdvisor Member Ozibob

We stayed in this hotel the other night as we were seeing a play at the threatre royal. Great location as it was only about 15 min walk to Chinatown, Darling Harbour and other places. The rooms were qquite good, service was excellant and because our room service was going to take a little longer than normal (about 45 mins, not in a hurry anyway) they didnt charge use the room service surcharge. Just a great place to stay, will be staying there again very soon.

Location & Price :-)

by TripAdvisor Member bundyone

I stayed here for 2 nights and paid under A$100 a night. Great location and value for money! Will be staying there again. Note: if you want Westin class, you have to pay Westin $$. This is perfect for those looking for a bed to sleep in without all the other stuff you pay for but don't use!

Great Value

A great value hotel - Although the decor was a little dated and smelt of 'Hotel Chain', the room was of a good size and had all the mod cons.

A perfect location to explore the wonders of Sydney and only 5 mins walk to Circular Quay.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a value stay without having to stay in a hostel.

Best value Hotel in Sydney

by TripAdvisor Member spt3

This has to be the best value hotel in Sydney. Usually amongst the cheapest in most brochures but a real jem. If you're after a friendly, clean hotel with a good breakfast you cant go wrong. Excellent location 7-8 mins walk to Circular Quay to see the bridge and Opera House and about the same to Darling Harbour. Have stayed twice and would stay again!

Great location

Corus is a standard, tourist hotel in a great location within 5 minutes walk of the Rocks and harbour. Rooms are small but well furnished. Easily reached by train direct from airport.

Excellent Location!

by TripAdvisor Member Tiawamutu

Excellent location, only 10 mins walk to the Rocks area where you'll find the Sydney Harbour bridge, Opera House, and all the ferry terminals that take you everywhere really.
Very near to train station, that the train from the airport stops. Only $30 to the airport by taxi (if you prefer).
Hotel itself excellent. Very clean and great 'in room' facilities, including safe. Very friendly staff, and porters to carry your bags!
Breakfast was nice, but a bit expensive, but there are plenty of places to eat or take away in the near vicinity.
Very excited, as whilst we were there they started filming the new 'Superman' Film a few meters from our hotel.
Great hotel, would definitely recommend it, and would stay there again if in Sydney.

Sydney Tower + Oztrek - How long to allow for this experience?

by ian2510

Hi,

I'm trying to work out public transport timings for Saturday 19th January with the help of the wonderful http://www.131500.info website.
After arriving at our hotel (Travelodge Wynyard approx 3:20pm) our first visit will be to Sydney Tower, arriving there shortly after 4pm I expect.
I'd like to synchronise leaving there with catching a bus to Circular Quay afterwards, having a quick look at the Customs House, and taking the ferry to Luna Park (have 2 kids in tow).
Unfortunately I can't get much of an idea from the Oztrek website how long it (Oztrek) goes for, or what the session timings are.
I reckon we'll probably spend about 20-25 minutes on the observation deck. Any ideas how long Oztrek will take after that?

Thanks,
Ian.

Re: Sydney Tower + Oztrek - How long to allow for this experience?

by aYankinSyd

I don't think there are session timings? But I could be wrong...I remember going first-come-first serve sort of thing.

Don't worry about bus times after the tower, as you can catch heaps of buses on Elizabeth St by David Jones and they all go to Circular Quay where Customs House is located. To be honest, I'd skip the bus and take a $6-$8 cab on Elizabeth St there - much less hassle.

Re: Sydney Tower + Oztrek - How long to allow for this experience?

by wallywombat

I live in Sydney and have never done the Oztrek tour but I have been up the Sydney Tower and the view is spectacular .I looked up the website http://www.sydneytoweroztrek.com.au and could not find a time for the tour to tell you but it did have a special discount offer for tickets purchased online and in combo packages with other tourist places which might be worth a look .I also looked up the Whats on in Sydney website and it has up to date information and also has discount vouchers you can print off the computer for tourist places under the special offers section. As I know how expensive traveling can be with children so before you come have a look at
You might be able to save some money and I hope you all have a good time

Comments