Wahroonga Spanish Motel Sydney

33 Pacific Highway, Wahroonga, New South Wales, 2076 NSW, Australia

More about Sydney

Liz enjoying the day (November 2010)Liz enjoying the day (November 2010)

SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE "THE COATHANGER"SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE "THE COATHANGER"

Potato wedges with chili saucePotato wedges with chili sauce

Pomme FritesPomme Frites

Hippie Bus

by Hatschepsut

Hi,

does anybody know a website where we can rent a hippie bus ?

by Kathrin_E

I am not exactly sure what a hippie bus is, but my first thought are these: http://www.wickedcampers.com.au/ (not the 4WD depicted on the front page but those shown inside - check the photo galleries).

by Kakapo2

Also this:

by balhannah

A couple more are
www.hippiecamper.com
www.travellers-autobarn.com
Have photos on my Sydney page

by footstool

It's an old Volkswagen "putt putt" van.

by cafank

I'm sure you mean Wicked Campers, they are everywhere now and have some great paintings and stories on their vans. They have 4WD and standard. They also have a relocation program where you can get cheap rental to return vans to place of origin.

www.wickedcampers.com.au

by wallywombat

If you are thinking of hiring a wicked camper I would forget it .Recently they had to be taken off the road as they were found to be unroadworthy .It was all over the news so maybe check them out very well before hiring one . We saw a few on our trip to South Australia in December and no way would I get it one they were blowing so much smoke and chugging along but then I guess you pay for what you get .They stand out as they do look like hippies owned them all written over and decorated .A quote from the newspaper said
Acting Premier Paul Lucas on Sunday said all, but four of the fleet of 86, popular backpacker hire campervans had been pulled off Queensland’s roads because they were not roadworthy.
He said Wicked Campers voluntarily withdrew 77 campervans and submitted the remaining nine for roadworthy tests — but only four passed.
www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/ has more details
Maybe they have fixed the problems ? Maybe other people have more information and can pass it on .

by Kakapo2

A very important point by Kerry (Wallywombat).

As Wicked Campers is also available in NZ there were also big discussions over here after the news spread in which dreadful state the vans are in Australia.

by 1+1

Wicked also have some newer vans, painted up the same way. They look a bit out of character. But I guess they ran out of old rust buckets and business was booming, they had to get new ones.

Travel Tips for Sydney

Snowy MOUNTAINS

by glengyl_iligan

Snowy Mountains

The Snowy Mountains – New South Wales' high country, 526 kilometres south-west of Sydney – boast sparkling trout-filled mountain streams, bushland, breathtaking vistas, rugged gorges, alpine lakes and fresh, mountain air.

Outside the snowfields, the townships of Jindabyne, Cooma, Berridale and Bombala offer a range of services and attractions from ski hire and tours to historic sites. Lake Jindabyne and Lake Eucumbene, stocked with trout and Atlantic salmon, can be reached from these towns. Accommodation is available throughout the region in chalets, cabins, caravans, motels and on farms.

In summer, explore the flower-lined walking tracks, wilderness areas or the Yarrnagobilly limestone caves. Activities range from cycling to whitewater rafting to horse riding. The Snowy Mountains Hydro-Electric Scheme is worth a visit. When I met my friend jason....
He lives in Sydney
and being with hom was so exciting
and adventure.

Public Holidays in Australia

by bkarjee

These are the public Holidays in Australia

New Years Day
Australia Day (26 January) Good Friday
Easter Monday
Anzac Day (April 25)
Queens Birthday (First Monday in June)
Bank Holiday (1st Monday in August)
Labour Day (1st monday in October)
Christmas Day (25th Dec)
Boxing Day (26 Dec)

When the official holiday falls on Sunday, following Monday is a holiday. When the official holiday falls on Saturday, preceeding Friday is a holiday

Banking hours & currency

by dragontml

9 am to 4 pm Monday to Thursday
9 am to 5 pm Fridays

Some have extended hours, including Saturday mornings.

Most Banks will exchange most foreign currencies, and foreign currency exchanges can be found at Sydney Airport and popular tourist spots such as Martin Place, CentrePoint, and Circular Quay.

Australia uses decimal currency - 100 cents = $1.00
Notes presently in use are $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 dollar bills.
Coins are 5¢, 10¢, 20¢, 50¢, $1.00 and $2.00.

The Beauty of the People

by Susumarie

I was so very impressed with the kindness and beauty of all the Australian people we came into contact with, especially in some of the really difficult moments. The best example being New Year's Eve -- and again, being in Sydney, you have to be part of the fireworks, I suppose, but I would never do it again. However, as part of that evening, we met quite a few truly wonderful people. We started on the Darling Harbour bridge for the 9 pm show, where we met a family from Canberra -- they just started a conversation with us, and kept us entertained the whole time we were there, plus offering us all their goodies, plus lots of advice for the rest of our evening. When we got back over to The Rocks, the influx of people was very scary, and as the time passed, hoards of drunks continued to push over us to the point we were almost trampled. It was at this time a very good Sydney family pulled us inside of their position, protecting us from the onslaught. He let me know he was too smart to be there -- but allowed out-of-towners to talk him in to bringing them. These are just extreme examples, though. I just found happiness and goodwill from everyone I came into contact with -- made for a memorable holiday.

Travel light!

by Jerelis

* Map and guidebook. * Hiking boots;
* Shorts with many pockets;
* Sunglasses;
* Raincoat. * Band-aids. * Camera and lots of films!
* Filter;
* Extra batteries;
* Lens 210 mm. * None ... :-)

Comments