Wesley Lodge Sydney

175 Hawkesbury Rd, Westmead, New South Wales, 2145, Australia
Wesley Lodge
Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Sydney

Liz and I enjoying the beautiful scenery (11/2010)Liz and I enjoying the beautiful scenery (11/2010)

Star Princess about to run over the Opera HouseStar Princess about to run over the Opera House

Skyline SydneySkyline Sydney

Enjoying some drinks @ ZetaEnjoying some drinks @ Zeta

Saturday Brunch

Hey Sydneysiders,

We are heading to your lovely city this weekend to take in Pirates of Penzance at the Opera House. We're staying in Darling Harbour and attending the matinee at 1:00. I'd lilke to find a nice brunch spot either in DH, the Rocks, or Circular Quay. Any suggestions? I know about Pancakes on the Rocks - have never been, but two of us (we're four in total) are not pancake fans.

Thanks in advance,

Kelly Anne

by DennyP

Hi Kelly Anne..A great lunch can be found in the bistro of the "Man O,War" Hotel in lower George St in the "Rocks"..reputed to be the oldest pub in Sydney (is one of three that claim to be) does great lunch/brunch ..good menu with specials....usually around $10.00 a/head.(twice as much in Darling Harbour).that's cheap for the CBD..enjoy your stay in Sydney..trust this is of help..Denny

by sirgaw

I'm not a local, but we had a reasonable light meal in a cafe on Circular Quay about level with wharf 3 or 4. Plenty of choices and great people watching too. From there its only a short stroll to the Opera House.

by Josilver

I love the gumnut tea garden in the rocks. great cosy atmosphere in the garden. Does a good ploughmans lunch. http://lunchtime.com.au/?page=shop&shop=393

by fossettes

Thanks all for the replies...

Dennis - do you mean Fortune of War? I think you do! I've actually been there after the bridge climb. My husband, who is afraid of heights and still did the climb, was in desperate need of a Jamisons and a beer afterward. He found salvation at Fortune of war! Didn't think of it for brekkie - thanks!

Josilver – Gumnut looks great! This will be our fallback plan I think…

After a little more research I have discovered the restaurant at Fort Dennison which looks like it might be fun. I know it’s not in the areas I mentioned ;) - but we’re thinking we can leave our car in the hotel car park and take a water taxi over there, then the ferry to CQ. We have two 13 year olds with us and I think they would enjoy this!

by Josilver

Doh - went to the gumnut cafe today - it has closed!!!! it has been replaced by a bike rental shop. Did go to a nice french pattiserie though and had yummy choc coated strwberries at the markets

by fossettes

Josilver - we probably passed you at the markets! Fort Denison didn't work since they open at 11:30, we would be rushing a bit. So we headed to the rocks for the tea house... no go! Ended up at Pancakes on the rocks afterall. The pancake lovers were very happy and those of us who don't love pancakes were happy too.

Travel Tips for Sydney

olde sydney town

by lufkinaus

if someone wants to truly get a feel for sydney they should go to olde sydney town, you'll find more "one of a kind" shops there and learn a lot about the aussies from the past. but one thing to keep in mind regardless of where you go to around sydney, is that it's a very busy city. sydney is surely the place to go if you want to visit a fast passed city. it's as if eveyone has a place to go to and anyone is in a hurry to get there all at the same time.

Take time to do the tourist...

by Loolabelle

Take time to do the tourist stuff, tours of the Opera House, have dinner at the revolving restaurant in Centre Point, take in the pubs and clubs around Darling Harbour. Drinking at the Slip Inn on a Friday night with friends.

The Duke commemorative park

by laughingsun69

The Duke paoa kahanamoku statue and commemorative park was opened by the dukes widow on australia day 1994,
The statue and park are a salute to the Duke who popuralised surfing in australia when he demonstrated his immense skills at freshwater beach in december 1914 and to the australians who followed .Since australias first world champion Midget farrelly in 1964 Australia has dominated the sport . This statue is located on the northern headland of freshwater beach .

Sydney Harbour Bridge....

by CandS

See the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I guess most people see the Harbour Bridge and Opera House in photos of Sydney but that's because they look so good in photos.

You can even climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge! I think it costs about $99 and you can join a group of people on a special tour. I haven't done it myself but it sounds like fun...

Ph: 02 8274777
Web: www.bridgeclimb.com
Email: admin@bridgeclimb.com

During January and February...

by carstenj

During January and February the city arranges free open-air music event in the Domain (next to the Botanical Gardens). Ranging from plays to Opera and Symphony, there's something for everybody and it is a nice way to spend an evening with the city skyline as backdrop.

Comments