Woolloomooloo Waters Apartment Hotel

Waldorf Apartments Hotel Woolloomooloo
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• Favzoz's Profile Photo

First visit to Sydney

I stayed here for two nights with my son in an apartment suite, which was roomy and quite adequate. There was a full kitchen equipped with stove, microwave, fridge, cooking pots & utensils - all the things one needs to prepare meals, if desired. We arrived late to check-in and found the hotel/apartment staff to be friendly, helpful and accomodating - especially in helping arrange the return of our rental (hire) car for pick-up from the hotel. This saved me having to navigate the streets to the airport! After two weeks in Australia, I finally adjusted to the turn signals and windshield wipers, which are on opposite sides from what I am used to! Woolloomooloo Waters Apt Hotel caters to the short and longer term visitor. The unit we stayed in was large, with a living room/sitting area as well as a sleeping area. It would easily accomodate families. I think it is a nice alternative to a traditional hotel room, where there is so much less space. There were two large windows, overlooking an alley (not very scenic), but not a concern for us, as our visit was brief. There is secure, on-site parking in the garage attached to the apartments. The apartment hotel was easy to locate, although off on a small side street - being a novice driver in an unfamiliar place (at night) I managed to find it, so I'm pretty sure everyone else will! There is a restaurant on the corner, which seemed to be the only place serving food, when we arrived in the evening. However, across the street is Harry's Cafe de Wheels (which has been extensively reviewed in the Sydney restaurants section) - which, I gather, is open 24 hrs. Our stay was pleasant and I would recommend this place as an economical place for families. There seemed to be quite a few younger travelers staying there. We visited at the end of July 2003, so it was a while ago.

Unique Quality: Located in Woolloomooloo, near the pier. Convenient location, easy access.

Directions: Historic Waterfront Area of Woolloomooloo Bay