Best Western All Settlers Motor Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS All Settlers Motor Inn
Agoda.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• All settlers, nice accommodation but CRAP food

This Hotel came really recommended by a colleague who travels through the area very often. The rooms are fantastic and the staff are super nice.

The restaurant came recommended as well so I headed on down, I ordered a beer at the bar to start a "coppers pale ale", now I'm not saying i'm a beer conosur but isn't coppers pale ale meant to be cloudy ??? Anyway the bar tender said she wondered the same before she started here.

I moved into the dinning area and ordered the garlic bread "Baked on the premises " which was dry and yuk but hey it was only $6.50 and the boss is paying .......

I was really looking forward to this main after 1000km on the road, a non cloudy Coppers and a not to flash starter I was ready for a good dish.

"This and That" boasts a 200g rib fillet and a whole chicken breast with potato rosti and twin sauces of Texas BBQ and creamy garlic and at a hefty $40.90. It costs more than a main in Darling Harbor !!!

I was a little shocked at the size of the dish when it arrived, for a moment I thought I was in a fancy restaurant in paris for or maybe they had a master chef drop out still on a ego trip.

Now before I do go on I must admit I did order a rare steak but this was mooing, blue as the come and so full of fat it was like hubba bubba , I tried to eat it with the rosti but it was like a herb-ed piece of cardboard . I moved to the chicken which was great until I found I long hair under it hmmmmm

Then to top it all off when I walked back to my room, you walk past a door that looks into the kitchen only to see the waiter who cleared my table showing my pulled apart raw steak on the plate laughing as they scraped it into the bin ???

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

Modern motel

This is one of the more recent motels in town on Goonoo Goonoo Road (pronounced gunny ganoo).

Unique Quality: The rooms are modern with good mini bar and Foxtel TV. The only problem is that there are no pay channel movies, just the ones they put on. So what you get is a selection of three movies, all on at the same time.
    Personally, I think they should have put more thought into that aspect.
    There is a nice pool in the centre of the carpark but it is surrounded by bushes so some discretion is assured.
    Meals are good and breakfast is an option of in-the-room or in the dining room.

Directions: Coming into Tamworth from the Sydney side, it's on the left.

Comments