Riverview Motor Inn

Pacific Hwy - North Side, 8 Crescent Avenue, (formerly Best Western) Taree, 2430, Australia
#2 of 12 hotels in Taree

iandsmith's Profile Photo

Not any more

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 29, 2006

This was disappointing. I have stayed here on and off over the years and I called in this time to get some Best Western points. Unfortunately I rang first to make the booking and, when I arrived there, the Best Western sign was aglow in the night.
At reception there was a lot of difficulty understanding what I was saying, despite many smiles from the other side of the counter.
No major problem so far. No, that started after I was in my room and then answered the door to collect my evening meal. The doorknob came off.
Okay, I can live with that. I worked out how to use it, ate my meal and put it outside.
I was awoken in the morning to the chorus of some active children 2 rooms away and a dog that barked for 40 minutes on and off over the next hour and a half.
Though I consider myself an animal lover I was not amused.

Unique Quality: Worse was to come. As I went to put my breakfast tray outside there were bits and pieces (aluminium foil etc) of my evening meal strewn all over the place. They hadn't bothered to pick them up!
It didn't get any better when I went to pay the bill and found out that, despite the sign proclaiming their membership, they are no longer members of Best Western and were happily trading under false pretences.
Suffice it so say, if you're looking for 3-4 star accommodation in Taree, this is not a place I would recommend anymore.

Nearby Riverview Motor Inn

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Taree Travel Forum

Need advice about Taree, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Taree and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Taree hotel reviews