Flag Inn Ashton Townhouse

Lauder Oval at Tumbarumba, AustraliaLauder Oval at Tumbarumba, Australia

Travel Tips for Tumut

Animal Encounters

by victorwkf

There were several animal encounters when I was in the areas surrounding tumut, including meeting an echinda, large tortoise, kangeroos, wombat holes as well as lots of cows!

I was told that this area of New South Wales has lots of native animals, so do keep a lookout and do be careful when driving :-)

Snow in Tumut

by CandS

On one visit to Tumut I came across snow!! I was really amazed because I didn't know it snowed so low down those mountains... It was great to see and my old boxer dog (sadly no longer with me) loved playing in the snow. :)

Chickens

by victorwkf

I managed to mingle around with some chickens and visit their egg shed when I was in Tumut. It was en enjoyable and relaxing experience, especially since I lived in a city where there is hardly any chance to visit the lovely and green countryside.

Snowy Mountain Scheme

by CandS

The Snowy Mountain Scheme power stations are near Tumut...the huge pipes that run down the mountains are amazing.

There are 16 major dams, seven power stations and one pumping station. Plus 145 kms of underground tunnels and 80 kms of aqueducts

The tour is a bit long and fairly in depth so if you aren't into power stations then I recommend you just have a look around on your own...

Lauder Oval

by victorwkf

While at the town of Tumbarumba, I visited the Lauder Oval where there was a local horse event going on. It was a competition where different teams on horses played different games. There was a festive atmosphere and a good gathering of families and friends. It was an enjoyable experience for me as a whole.

Comments