Uralla Hotels

Our Members Say

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 9356

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Country Road Caravan Park: Quiet Caravan Park at URALLA

When we were in Uralla in 2005, we stayed at the Country Road Caravan Park in a Cabin.
At that time, the Cabins were brand new, 2 bedroom, shower, toilet, kitchen, lounge area, all very nice.

It was quiet as it was back from the highway.
The highway is busy with semi-trailers at night, so this is something to remember when booking into accommodation in this town.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written September 4, 2008
Tip Photo

Our cabin

• iandsmith profile photo iandsmith
  • Reviews: 5742

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cruikshank Cottage: A little bit of luxury

My stay is actually stays. I park here frequently as it's on the way when I do my rounds. I got onto this by staying originally at Cheyenne, another unique B&B that sits on the edge of the Oxley Wild Rivers National Park.

Doesn't matter how many there are in your group, they can squeeze up to a dozen in here. There's room for about half a dozen (two in luxury) in the lodge built specifically for the purpose but there's also a few comfy beds in the house and, if you stay there, as I often do, you can enjoy some enlightening conversations with your hosts, Mike and Anne Thackway.
There's all manner of animals in the paddocks outside, such as miniature horses, highland cows, sheep, dogs, alpacas and other cows.
There's also abundant wildlife, particularly birds if you're a twitcher, and, on occasions, even a few fish in the stream that runs through the property.
This is genuine rural atmosphere.

• Opinion of Price: about average