Uralla Hotels

Our Members Say

• globetrott profile photo globetrott
  • Reviews: 7837

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bushranger Motor Inn: not only for bushrangers - hopefully !!!

I did not stay in this hotel, but I thought it might be helpful for other VTers, to see some contacting-details here, when they plan to travel to this part of NSW/Australia.

This 4-star-motel/hotel is in the middle of the village, next to the main road, so it will be easy to be found. Did you see the shindles of the building, made of flat stones - my 4th picture.
This building dates back to the year 1864

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Road Trip, Architecture, Family Travel
  • Written March 17, 2012
Tip Photo

• balhannah profile photo balhannah
  • Reviews: 9817

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Country Road Caravan Park: Quiet Caravan Park at URALLA

When we were in Uralla in 2005, we stayed at the Country Road Caravan Park in a Cabin.
At that time, the Cabins were brand new, 2 bedroom, shower, toilet, kitchen, lounge area, all very nice.

It was quiet as it was back from the highway.
The highway is busy with semi-trailers at night, so this is something to remember when booking into accommodation in this town.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written September 4, 2008

Our cabin

• iandsmith profile photo iandsmith
  • Reviews: 5782

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cruikshank Cottage: A little bit of luxury

My stay is actually stays. I park here frequently as it's on the way when I do my rounds. I got onto this by staying originally at Cheyenne, another unique B&B that sits on the edge of the Oxley Wild Rivers National Park.

Doesn't matter how many there are in your group, they can squeeze up to a dozen in here. There's room for about half a dozen (two in luxury) in the lodge built specifically for the purpose but there's also a few comfy beds in the house and, if you stay there, as I often do, you can enjoy some enlightening conversations with your hosts, Mike and Anne Thackway.
There's all manner of animals in the paddocks outside, such as miniature horses, highland cows, sheep, dogs, alpacas and other cows.
There's also abundant wildlife, particularly birds if you're a twitcher, and, on occasions, even a few fish in the stream that runs through the property.
This is genuine rural atmosphere.

• Opinion of Price: about average