Club Crocodile Resort Airlie Beach

Expedia.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 32% lower than similarly priced 3.5 star hotels

• disgusted but hopeful

I write this review after phoning head office regarding, The disgusting stay My friends and I had at this resort on November 4th, I will comment on that phone conversation at the end of this review. Our stay was to mark the 21st birthday event of my friends only child, He had requested a intimate dinner with a few close friends and family, to celebrate his very special day,my attendance to this event had been an after thought due to work commitments, so phoning ahead a few days prior to see if rooms booked could be within the same vicinity so our group could Party together I was Told this would not be a problem.
    On arrival I was met by a female on reception wearing what could only be described as a filthy off white Tee shirt /blouse,I wasn't greeted in the sense of the word I suppose more of a grunt would have described, her very unhelpful / rude attitude, our rooms located opposite sides of the resort, on requesting to be moved closer quoting the telephone conversation I had made prior to booking, I was given a lecture, in fact an extremely long lecture telling our party we should have booked together, I did point out at this time that I wasn't two years old and that I was indeed a paying customer a point I believe she forgot, I was given a room on the same floor but different ends of a very long corridor even though both our rooms had empty ones either side. On entering the room a very outdated grotty dirty looking room, I have to say I was indeed disappointed the online photos are so very different, I proceeded to get ready for the 21st and once in the shower asked my partner for a towel NO towels, he rang down to reception NO reply, I rang down to reception and was told (I am Dripping wet making this call) the towels are in the wash, I proceeded to explain I needed a towel to dry myself with. I ended up getting a filthy blanket out of a cobwebbed wardrobe and wrapped myself in it and proceeded to walk to the reception from the 1st floor when I was met in the corridor by a very apologetic staff member carrying warm towels straight from the drier, ( don't they have a linen store?) The private function room we were promised was a none event due to lack of staff being able to staff the bar or wait the tables we were shown to a outdoor patio area over looking the car park. Fairy lights adorned this area and the table for 12 looked lovely we were told our table would be waited and then informed it wouldn't due to lack of staff and to order at the public bar, our meal was ordered at the table by a waitress who although pleasant forgot our entree we got that after the meal,In my opinion the place was run by staff not trained for a role they were trying to do, it was as if the whole management team had walked out and the staff left to cope the best way they could, as I said at the beginning I write this after speaking with head office, they, as expected were very apologetic, and stated, a full review had occurred due to other complaints received and generous offer has been made to our party in compensation of our awful stay, I hope this offer is forthcoming and not some attempt to pacify a unhappy customer.

Unique Quality: I have to comment on one particular staff member who looked after our table on the night Bec, you are outstanding, you did your best at making our party feel important and trying to hold the night together, I take my hat off to your dedication and hope that your management team recognize your efforts. well done!!!
    My final point. There were no outstanding characteristics of this accommodation. A lot of work needs to be done to bring it up to a 3 star standard,it has, My classification of this would be a backpacker lodge.I have stayed in better facilities within a caravan park, this place should not have a star rating.

More about Airlie Beach

Sulphur-crested cockatoosSulphur-crested cockatoos

Luxury homes with beautiful ocean viewsLuxury homes with beautiful ocean views

The sign sits in the bright white sandThe sign sits in the bright white sand

Close up of part of the group with the VT flagClose up of part of the group with the VT flag

General Info Needed on Airlie Beach

by christopherpanting

My girlfriend will be staying in Airlie Beach for 4/5 nights, what is it like there, do many girls go and stay there alone? is it a safe area? i have heard its a very popular tourist area for backpackers, is this true? are the locals friendly?

by earthflyer

Yes, Airlie beach is a very popular place for backpackers many come hear to do the boat trips around the Whitsunday Islands etc... If you girlfriend is going alone she will soon be making many new friends. Airlie beach is a friendly place to visit with many things to do for travellers and it is a safe place.

by Bourgeois

Airlie beach is a beautiful part of the world, your girlfriend should take a day trip to Whitehaven beach, the tour we went on was full of young friendly staff and we met some nice people as well, we stayed in the caravan park and every night a different group of backpackers would come and stay. Whitehaven beach was stunning as well as the surrounding islands, plenty to do, Airlie beach is a good home base.

by northeast80

Yes, it's fine. I stayed there, as a single female traveller and it was fine. Met some great people in my hostel and on the Whitsunday's trip I did from there.
Though I wouldn't recommend the hostel I stayed in; it was filthy and damp, the shower didn't work and it was infested with cockroaches. Saying that, it was in 2006 so could well have improved. Koala Beach Resort was the name.

Travel Tips for Airlie Beach

Stunning Airlie Skies

by cnango

Everyone knows and raves about the beautiful beaches and cool Australian animals, but I have to add the stunning skies in Australia. These pictures were taken in Airlie beach from our hotel balcony but we saw plenty of other gorgeous skies on the boat rides and just driving around Queensland. The light quality is so bright and the sky is so clear and such a pretty shade of blue. I also like the cotton ball clouds and of course the way the clouds turn colors when the sun hits from a certain angle.

Cedar Creek Falls

by robertgaz

Cedar Creek Falls are located about 19km's from Proserpine on the Conway Beach Road and offer a year-round natural swimming pool at the base of the falls.

The falls are set in a natural rock amphitheature which is clothed with strangler figs, red and white cedars, wild orchids and Alexandra palms line the meandering creek.

A word of caution though... should you decide dive in for a swim, even on the hottest of days, the waters will be surprisingly icy cold... enough to suck the wind from your lungs!

Boat trip

by CandS

If you get the chance you should take a boat trip of some sort out to the islands...you will get to see so much more out on a boat than by just staying at Airlie Beach...

There are plenty of boat trips with a crew to take care of you or you can sail-yourself like we did. The options really are endless...

VTers swimming, jumpin & wading in the blue sea

by cnango

On the second day of the Aussie VT Meet 2009 we sailed on the Camira catamaran to the stunning and pristine Whitehaven Beach. The water was a beautiful turquoise blue and pleasantly warm. Many VTers were swimming , wading and even jumping in the water for a picture for jumpingnorman. We later goofed off, played games and laid out in the sun on the beautiful white sand beach. See more pictures of Whitehaven Beach in the following tip entitled: "Fun in the Sun at Whitehaven Beach".

Airlie Beach Trip

by tiffatron

"Gateway to the whitsundays"

Most people that head to Airlie Beach for leisure make time to check out the Whitsunday Islands, and i was certainly no exception... I mean Airlie Beach itself has its charm but to go without making even a day trip out to the islands seems crazy!

Comments