Club Crocodile Resort Airlie Beach

Tags

Backpacking
See Amenities

disgusted but hopeful

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 13, 2011

I write this review after phoning head office regarding, The disgusting stay My friends and I had at this resort on November 4th, I will comment on that phone conversation at the end of this review. Our stay was to mark the 21st birthday event of my friends only child, He had requested a intimate dinner with a few close friends and family, to celebrate his very special day,my attendance to this event had been an after thought due to work commitments, so phoning ahead a few days prior to see if rooms booked could be within the same vicinity so our group could Party together I was Told this would not be a problem.
On arrival I was met by a female on reception wearing what could only be described as a filthy off white Tee shirt /blouse,I wasn't greeted in the sense of the word I suppose more of a grunt would have described, her very unhelpful / rude attitude, our rooms located opposite sides of the resort, on requesting to be moved closer quoting the telephone conversation I had made prior to booking, I was given a lecture, in fact an extremely long lecture telling our party we should have booked together, I did point out at this time that I wasn't two years old and that I was indeed a paying customer a point I believe she forgot, I was given a room on the same floor but different ends of a very long corridor even though both our rooms had empty ones either side. On entering the room a very outdated grotty dirty looking room, I have to say I was indeed disappointed the online photos are so very different, I proceeded to get ready for the 21st and once in the shower asked my partner for a towel NO towels, he rang down to reception NO reply, I rang down to reception and was told (I am Dripping wet making this call) the towels are in the wash, I proceeded to explain I needed a towel to dry myself with. I ended up getting a filthy blanket out of a cobwebbed wardrobe and wrapped myself in it and proceeded to walk to the reception from the 1st floor when I was met in the corridor by a very apologetic staff member carrying warm towels straight from the drier, ( don't they have a linen store?) The private function room we were promised was a none event due to lack of staff being able to staff the bar or wait the tables we were shown to a outdoor patio area over looking the car park. Fairy lights adorned this area and the table for 12 looked lovely we were told our table would be waited and then informed it wouldn't due to lack of staff and to order at the public bar, our meal was ordered at the table by a waitress who although pleasant forgot our entree we got that after the meal,In my opinion the place was run by staff not trained for a role they were trying to do, it was as if the whole management team had walked out and the staff left to cope the best way they could, as I said at the beginning I write this after speaking with head office, they, as expected were very apologetic, and stated, a full review had occurred due to other complaints received and generous offer has been made to our party in compensation of our awful stay, I hope this offer is forthcoming and not some attempt to pacify a unhappy customer.

Unique Quality: I have to comment on one particular staff member who looked after our table on the night Bec, you are outstanding, you did your best at making our party feel important and trying to hold the night together, I take my hat off to your dedication and hope that your management team recognize your efforts. well done!!!
My final point. There were no outstanding characteristics of this accommodation. A lot of work needs to be done to bring it up to a 3 star standard,it has, My classification of this would be a backpacker lodge.I have stayed in better facilities within a caravan park, this place should not have a star rating.

Nearby Club Crocodile Resort Airlie Beach

• Free Parking
  • Kids Activities
  • Bar / Lounge

Airlie Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Airlie Beach, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Airlie Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Airlie Beach hotel reviews

Waters Edge Resort Whitsundays
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews
Peninsula Airlie Beach

Explore Deeper into Airlie Beach
VISIT THE BEAUTIFUL HAMILTON ISLAND.
VISIT THE FAMOUS WHITEHAVEN BEACH
Reef Fishing
Sail The Whitsundays
Hiring a Bareboat
Things to Do
Best place in town to have a beer
Nightlife
Tex-Mex in Airlie
Wow!
Airlie Beach's Best Kept Secret
Best Chili Mud Crab and Rum
Virgin Blue airlines
Transportation
Great food at great prices
Sunday lunch 8 course
Whithaven Beach
Camira Cruise
Knuckle Reef Cruise
Happy Hour Coctails at Cactus Jacks
Airlie Beach Free Pool
Walking along the Board Walk
Things to Do
Sail on Camira to Whitehaven.
Knuckle Reef
Somewhere for all ages
Nightlife
Tex Mex in Airlie Beach
Restaurants
Home of Airlie's famous wood fired pizzas
Restaurants
Not a bad drinking hole for a sundowner