5 Golden Orchid Drive, Airlie Beach, Great Barrier Reef, Q4802, Australia

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Affordable accomodation in great location.

You cannot beat the location of this hotel. Just behind the main street and a short walk up the hill. There are alot of stairs involved in getting from the carpark to your room. We had our toddler in a pram and managed to work out a route into town that required us to only negotiate 2 steps.

The bathroom had been given a facelift. The rest of the room could do with a refurbish. I can live with the outdated decore because if they do refurbish it the prices will probably go up. Best value accomodation for the location.

They also provided a cot for our toddler free of charge. This is a saving when most places want $10 per night.

• CandS's Profile Photo

Whitsunday Terraces Resort

We stayed at the Whitsunday Terraces Resort. It was one street behind the main street of Airlie Beach and had easy access to the shops. The rooms are very big and tidy.

Unique Quality: There are one room or two room apartments, two pools and a spa, cable TV, laundry facilities, rooms serviced daily... It is also close to the main street of Airlie Beach and the centre of town...
    The Terraces Restaurant is also part of the resort and lunch & dinner is available every day - Greek, Spanish and Italian.

More about Whitsunday Terraces Resort

Whitsunday Terraces View

by CandS

This is the view we had out our balcony while we stayed at the Whitsunday Terraces...nice huh!? All of the rooms at the Whitsunday Terraces have a view of the water and islands so you can't go wrong... :)

Cockatoos

by CandS

We had cockatoos landing on our balcony at the Whitsunday Terraces and on our boat while at Hamilton Island. We saw them everywhere...and they were all quite friendly...or very hungry... ;)

Whitsunday Terraces view...Whitsunday Terraces view...

Accommodation recommendations

by Spenno

Hi,
I'm wanting to organise a nice relaxing romantic week away with my girlfriend, I think the whitsunday's island resorts are a bit out of my price range so I think I have decided to stay mainland and take a day trip to the reef. I am very interested in the snorkling, can anyone tell me a good place to stay? Am i right in thinking of Airlie beach? or perhaps Bowen? I'm looking at the $100 a night range of accommodation for a couple.
All help and recommendations are appreciated.

RE: Accommodation recommendations

by aussirose

G'day. We went on a wonderful holiday in the Whitsundays and stayed for a week on Hamilton Island and a week on the mainland at Airlie Beach. Our Accommodation at Airlie Beach was the Whitsunday Terraces and I highly recommend it as it's right in town, close to transport and has lovely views. A couple of day trips I highly recommend are the Raggamuffin yaucht to Whitsunday beach (world's famous white sand beach), an ex Sydney to Hobart racer. And don't forget about the Yellow Sub. Also if you decide to stay on Hamilton Island, they have free diving lessons in the pool and you can do a day diving. Hubby and my young daughter did diving on one of our cruise day's out while me and the kids did some snorkling. You are going to love the Whitsundays!! Have heaps of fun. Cheers, Ann :o)

RE: Accommodation recommendations

by batgirl1001

Have you thought of staying on the boats while touring the Whitsundays Islands? It's great. There are some budget sailing trips but generally cost about $250 per person for a 3 day sailing trip including food. So it does work out on average of $100 per day. I suggest you check out the tourist bureaus at Airlie Beach if you are interested.

It's a great way to see the islands.

Comments