Bowen Terrace

365 Bowen Terrace, New Farm, Brisbane, Queensland, 4005, Australia

Bowen Terrace International Accommodation
Travelocity Booking.com Hotels.com

• Not a good place to stay at

Unfortunately I can't recommend this place at all. I stayed there for 4 nights as I read all the great reviews and I honestly can't understand them.

First of all my bed's mattrass was shocking. I could feel springs sticking into my body all over the place and when i complained about it the next morning no-one bothered to even have a look at it or have me changed to another room or anything at all. They only advised me to put all the blanket that were in the room on top of the mattrass in order to make the bed a bit more comfortable.

Then there is the noise factor. It's an old house and looks beautiful on first sight. It does not have any insulation whatsoever though so I had to close the windows at night (during the day the temperatures were above 30 degrees celsius so the room felt really suffocating) as the street was really noisy but it still felt like all the traffic was basically running through my room as the windows didn't even close properly. Also I was able to listen to my neighbours' TV program with closed doors or whatever else they were doing in the adjacent rooms, nothing you would honestly ever wanna hear!!

My bin was never emptied once in the 5 days I had to stay there and the bathroom (there was only one for the entire first floor) I saw only cleaned once in the entire time. You can imagine how the floor around the loo and the shower looked like, it was shocking.

When I prepared a toast in the kitchen that is located in the basement I took the pepper out of an open cupboard and a big cockroach (looked like a bush cockroach) ran out of it, which was the most upsetting moment in that place. Well Brisbane is tropical and they are there I guess but there were no screens to keep them off and where there is one it is very unlikely that there was only a single one...

I would never stay there again and can honestly not recommend it to anyone!!

Comments