190 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane, Queensland, 4001, Australia

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Central and luxurious

As some of the other posts said, the Hilton is located in the heart of downtown. The elevators from the lobby (located on 6th floor) can take you to either Elizabeth Street or the Queen Street Mall.

The rooms are quite comfortable and clean. The queen size mattresses are soft and allow for a good night's sleep.

I actually came a went a few times within about a month and each time the staff was very helpful to store my bags, give me late checkouts (~4pm) and early checkins (7am). All of which were at no charge.

Unique Quality: The hotel will offer valet parking, billed to the room ($35/day).
    Rooms charge $0.50/minute for internet with a maximum of $29/day.

All the other features of Hilton hotel chains are available.

My only complaints would be:
    For the price of the rooms, the televisions were very small and channels were limited.
    You must your your room key card to access the elevators on the way up. The card readers in the elevator were very temperamental and I had to return to reception a few times for new cards.

Directions: Immediately adjacent to the Queen Street Mall.
    5 minute walk from Riverside Ferry Station.

• ChadSteve1975's Profile Photo

Loaded to the Hilt

The Brisbane Hilton is perfectly situated right in the middle of the city.

The hotel directly accesses the Brisbane City Mall which is the main shopping area of the CBD.

I love the restaurants in the foyer. Costs about $45 for the buffet dinner.

Room was decent. Queen size bed and all the trimmings of a good hotel.

Unique Quality: The Main foyer of the hotel is actually on level 6 as below are 4 levels of exclusive shopping in the Wintergarden Shopping Centre and function rooms.

The Hotel opens up in the centre with a giant several story mural an open area giving the foyer restaurants a very open feel.

I like to go for the buffet. It has the best desserts which a mid range buffet does not even compare to.

Directions: Entry via Queen St mall. Main entrance and vehicle entrance via Elizabeth St

More about Hilton Brisbane

HIlton Brisbane was Great

by TripAdvisor Member Nadia76

Just got back from a 10-day stay at the Hilton Brisbane and had a fantastic experience. We stayed in an executive level room that was very nice, not huge but nice. The rooms seem to have been updated recently, the bathrooms are older but still nice. The housekeeping staff did a fantastic job everyday that we were there. With the executive level rooms access to the executive lounge is included. For our stay this worked out about an extra $50 per day which was completely worth it. There is breakfast in the lounge in the morning and appetizers and drinks there in the evening. The staff in the lounge did a great job. We visited the bar that is adjacent to the lobby and had drinks and appetizers there a few nights. The staff there was also great and food was good as well. The menu was the same as the room service menu. Finally the concierge staff was also wonderful. They always asked us if we needed directions or help and were able to make reservations for us at local restaurants with no problems. All in all our stay was great from beginning to end and would definitely go back again. Finally, one big advantage of the hotel is its location. It is convenient to sights and has elevators that go directly to the Queen St. Mall that is right next to the hotel.

Fantastic service, great staff

by TripAdvisor Member EFC_SSH

Just got back from a 2 night business stay at the Hilton Brisbane and it was a great experience.

In Brisbane I have stayed in the Stamford Plaza, the Sofitel and The Sebel Suites and for my requirements this was by far the best, this is due entirely to the staff and the service I received.

Admittedly the room in the Stamford Plaza (with river view) was the best of the aforementioned but on all other counts the Hilton takes the honours.

I had a rate including valet parking and breakfast and everything was so efficient and the experience was so good I have actually signed up and written my first review. (This is only fair after having great experiences in hotels in Bangkok and Venice due to reviews on this site)

It must be said the bathroom is not perfect, I prefer a seperate shower - trying to find the toilet roll was an unusual and unlikely challenge too! However if you are on business and want seamless service from valet parking to check-in, concierge, check out etc then this place has it nailed.

Well done to all the staff there, the most helpful & forthcoming in Brisbane by a mile....in honesty the best staff I can recall in any hotel in any city for that matter. Those guys down at the ground floor (concierge & valet) deserve a special mention...

Very nice stay

by TripAdvisor Member kianaplace

The Hilton Brisbane was a great stay for us. We had taken the shuttle bus from the airport to take us straight to the hotel that took 20 minutes. The hotel does not have a shuttle bus but "Coach Trans" cost $12 each way and the train station is 5 minutes away with the same costs.
We arrived early and the concierge desk were able to hold our bags until check in. The guys at the concierge and bell staff were totally proffesional, kind,and very hospitable. They were the nicest people we saw in the downtown area.
The Hotel check in was a breeze. The front desk staff were also courteous and cheerful everytime I had a question. If you like shopping, this hotel is right in the center of Queen Street Mall. On the bottom floor, the elevators take you to Wintergarden Mall and on the Main Street. Youll find Davey Jones, W, Woolworth, Target, and Coles SuperMarket along with dozens of food courts to choose from for quick inexpensive food.
The Lobby has a huge atrium like setting similar to those found at some Embassy Suites. The room was huge, comfortable, and roomy. Basic accomodations with a large glass work desk and beautiful views of the city. The style and room settings needed a littly bit of updating as it was plain and room decor light and tedious. It wasnt the most comfortable bed as I slept better on the couch instead. The sheets on the bed felt starchy.
My only concern was the stocked refrigerator and bar. The hotel charged me for a missing soda which I never touched and had no intentions from the beginning. I was not going to complain about it because the staff has been terrific. Upon check out, the gentlemen that helped me was also the desk supervisor so I did bring it to his attention and also told him I would pay for it but in actuality, we never touched the soda can. He did not apologize or was sympathetic in any way but just brushed the situation off as if he did not care. He also "DEMANDED" with his big eyes and shaky hands that I sighn my credit card. I told him I have my reasons not to sighn the back of my card and I had provided 2 legal documents to verify my identity and signature. I told him Ill pay cash for the soda I never drank and he said it was too late, that he had run my card. That man was the only downfall of my stay in Brisbane.

Good experience

by TripAdvisor Member Julianna23

I stayed here for work for a night and found it to be very comfortable and much better then when I stayed there a few years previous. It's undergone a much needed makeover and the new decor in the rooms is much nicer and very comfortable.
The standard room I had was quite close to the elevators but I didn't hear much noise.

I ordered room service while I was there, and the service and food were of a high standard.

I liked the toiletries provided -evelyn and crabtree

Good place to stay overnight while your in brisbane, as its right on the mall.

Nice hotel, but tired rooms

by TripAdvisor Member MatthewRob

Stayed overnight at the Hilton. The lobby area is fairly impressive with glass lifts going up and down the open lobby. The hotel seems to have been recently refurbished...until you step into the rooms! The rooms have received a very superficial sprucing up, but the bathrooms were sub-par. The bath kind of had rust stains, the tiling grout was very discoloured and the whole feel of it looked old. This was on the top Executive Floor. The Executive Lounge was new with plasma TVs, although i don't remember seeing any computer access.

The location is excellent being only steps from the main shopping streets.

I would reconsider staying there again, the hotel is firmly 4* rather than any 5* suggestions, but the location is definitely a redeeming factor.

A fantastic hotel in the heart of Queen Street Mall

by TripAdvisor Member dantaylor123

A nice, comfortable hotel in the heart of Queen Street Mall, the main shopping area for Brisbane.

We stayed at the Hilton for 6 nights in July as part of our around-the-world trip. Check-in was quick, and the rooms were modern, with all the facilities required for the casual business traveller. The hotel also had a fitness room (although it was always shut?!?), and a very nice rooftop pool with whirl-pool – very nice to sit in at night, looking out to the night city sky (yes even in winter!).

The only negative aspect was the Internet, which seemed very expensive – especially as you can get free wi-fi access in the coffee shops located in the shopping mall attached to the hotel.

All-in-all, a fantastic hotel which I would recommend to anyone travelling to Brisbane, either on business or leisure.

Loved The Hilton!

by TripAdvisor Member styleandfashion888

Excellent Weekend Away!

We booked a club room on a high floor. Room was not big but very modern, just renovated. It had a big tv, marble bathroom, crabtree & evelyn toiletries - Very Nice.
We has access to the Club - lovely canapes ans drinks in the evening. Breakfast was included in the rate and was also very nice.
Service was excellent. Everything you'd expect from a 5* City Hotel was there. Location is excellent - right in the middle of the shopping mall (where a lot of new luxury shops are too).
Pool has not been renovated and is a bit small but that was not importnant to us.
Rate we got on hotel website was very reasonable, $240 pn.
highly rocomend for holiday or business!

Comments