I have just stayed at this Hotel for 2 nights (25-27 February 2011) and will not be returning. This hotel lists itself as 4.5 stars and yet it is nothing like a 4.5 star hotel. Here is a list of my experiences staying on a 5th floor room:
1. The pass cards kept failing and we were stuck in the lift several times
2. The room was very noisy and not very clean for a supposed 4.5 star hotel.
3. The room needs some TLC (tender loving care) as the bathroom door has seen better days, the fridge was rusty and should be thrown out, and it needs redecorating throughout (it is dated).
4. The rooftop pool needs cleaning and it is not heated (try jumping into this icebath), and the biggest issue
5. I was stung $20/day for parking in their underground carpark. It would have been nice to have been told when I arrived that this was the case, as I thought carparking was part of the price of staying. Instead I was told when I checked out this morning - not only is this tottally unacceptable the service I received on the matter was poor.
I do not recommend this hotel and have had better value for money elsewhere in Brisbane.
Unique Quality: None
Directions: Just behind the Brisbane CBD - close walking distance to the city
Conveniently located in a quiet area of the CBD yet only minutes from all the action of the city center.
Set upon the highest point of the central city the hotel features breathtaking views of the city, mountains, river and surrounding suburbs. A short stroll will lead you into the heart of the city, with its malls and shopping or to South Bank, Queensland Performing Arts Centre and Museum or down town to the Treasury Casino.
Whether you're staying for business or leisure the hotel is the perfect base with easy access to freeways north and south leading to the Gold and Sunshine Coasts and rail, bus and airport terminals.
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane is a leading 4.5 star hotel.
Unique Quality: Nice restaurant, friendly staff, close to restaurants, bottleshops and bars.
Directions: You can take a shuttle bus door to door from Brisbane airport to this hotel for AUS$11
You buy your ticket from the booth at the taxi rank just outside the terminal doors. Trip takes about 35 minutes.
249 Turbot Street, (formerly Sheraton Brisbane Hotel), Brisbane
Corner of Edward & Margaret Streets, Brisbane
Corner Alice & Albert Streets, Brisbane
190 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane
Latest Brisbane hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: 23 Leichhardt Street, Brisbane, Queensland, 4000, Australia