Brisbane Hotels

• Reviews: 9

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rendezvous Studio Hotel: its a nice place

Rendezvous Studio Hotel Brisbane on George

A clean, cozy, and orderly hotel wherein everyone could relax and have restful sleep in your comfortable big bed inside the room. a bath.

It is located in the center of the city, although it is not a big hotel it is accessible to everything to the malls, pub,schools or universities, casino and other shopping centers. It is also close to the river where you can enjoy the river cruise and see the whole view of the city. Botanical Garden is just a walking from the hotel. Parking is available in the hotel.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written April 4, 2014

• Sharon1981 profile photo Sharon1981
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Airolodge Brisbane: Avoid this Brisbane Motel

I had a horrific time at this Motel.

The customer service was just terrible. The woman behind the desk was incredibly nasty, even yelled at my husband when he asked for additional sheets.

The cot we were given didn't even have a mattres, just a wooden plank as a base for a 13 month old baby! The woman behind the desk refused to help us.

There were also ants in the room, which would be forgivable but not when combined with all the other issues.

We were paying $170 a night to stay in this awful, awful motel.

The worst customer service I have ever encountered.

• Related to: Singles, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written May 2, 2012

• Maryimelda profile photo Maryimelda
  • Reviews: 982

Boutique Hotel: Edward Lodge

This hotel is small and situated in a fabulous location in New Farm about 3-4 kms from the City Centre. The surrounding streets are very quiet, yet it is only a very short walk to buses and shops aplenty, not to mention some of the very best restaurants that Brisbane has to offer.
It is also popular because of its close proximityto New Farm Park with its beautiful rose gardens. In additioin, the CityCat is within walking distance.

I have yet to stay there but it is located a few blocks from my home and I can vouch for its location and certainly for its outward appearance. Check the website for prices and availability.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Photography, Budget Travel
  • Written March 18, 2010

• Mr.Sparkle profile photo Mr.Sparkle
  • Reviews: 327

Astor Metropole Hotel

Its a fair price, centrally located, clean ect ect. fine place to stay for a few days. its even fairly close to the train station... only a 5 min walk away. certainly, you would do much worse.

oh, some of the rooms have balconies as well.

• Written November 1, 2009

• westrella profile photo westrella
  • Reviews: 47

N.A: Try Couchsurfing

Brisbane appears to have a very decent amount of couchsurfing hosts. I am one! If you're not part of the network, and you are pretty relaxed and like meeting new people, travelling on a budget, this might be the thing for you to do.

Generally free? Great way to meet a local who is keen to sprout what is so cool about Brisbane, what to see, where to go.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written April 30, 2009

• chrisroberts profile photo chrisroberts
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rainesforest Massage Therapy & Day Spa: Brisbane's Day Spa Experience

Picked up a brochure for this place from Brisbane's tourism centre when staying in the city. Checked the website out from my hotel www.rainesforestdayspa.com and looked like a really Queensland experience unlike most of the massage places in "Oz" which are similar to what we have at home. Got on the train from the main train station and was a short trip and walk.

Whole place was exactly what i wanted. A lovely Day Spa tucked away in suburbia surrounded by trees resembling exactly that of a "Rainforest"

Enjoyed my massage and tea in my own outdoor spa and sauna after. Price was fantastic for the experience. Great way to treat myself after stress of travel.

Brilliant location, Spa and Sauna facilities were great. Very good Australian Day Spa Experience. Exactly what i needed to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city which i was trying to escape. Well Done Rainesforest!!

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 28, 2008

• cybergenic profile photo cybergenic
  • Reviews: 220

Festival Towers: Great views Brisbane CBD

Central CBD location, close to everything a city tourist/traveller would ever need.
Bars, cafes, restaurants, supermarkets, bottle shop.
Friendly staff. although the hotel did run out of keys which is a first for me.
This meant the concierge had to escort me to my room on the 40th floor to let me into my room every time I returned. Apart from this a great place to stay.
The only noise I really heard apart from the humming city below was the church bells every few hours which is nice.

Great views of Brisbane river and surrounding mountains.
Lap pool, spa.
HDMI Plasma screen, DVD, aircon, gas stove, fridge, microwave, kettle, kitchenware, clothes washer, dryer, ironging, 2 bathrooms....1 with bath, towels, soaps....
Hot water, great pressure. Housekeeping.

BEST RATES THROUGH WOTIF.COM.AU
I paid about AUD$200 per night which is expensive for a solo, but the place legally holds 4 people.
2 single beds and 1 King.
This works out to be AUD$50 each per night for 5 star accomodation.
Considering most backpackers are about $30 per night (including, squeeky bunks, bed bugs and drunk mongrels snoring at 4am) you can live it up for basically the same price.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Business Travel, Work Abroad, Backpacking
  • Written November 7, 2007

View from 40th Floor

• KevinMichael profile photo KevinMichael
  • Reviews: 405

Hotel George Williams Ymca Bn: YMCA Hotel George Williams

We had a pleasant stay at this YMCA hotel (Hotel George Williams) and especially appreciated
the help of Colleen, one of the YMCA staff. She was very helpful and we enjoyed learning all that she was able to tell us about Australian culture and the sites to see.

Our room had all that we needed to enjoy our stay (television, a nice shower, and a large bed).

The only negative about the hotel was that it doesn't have the best free parking. In fact, I was
a little nervous trying to park the rent-a-car in their basement area. It was a tight fit.

However, there was parking available only a half a block away on a sidestreet (that was kind of free... there was a meter but because we were there during the holidays it was free).

We also payed for parking at a parking garage that was located 3 blocks away (I didn't want to risk damaging the car using the YMCA parking or getting it towed being that I wasn't exactly sure when the holiday was ending... so I decided to use the parking garage on our last nights stay).

This YMCA hotel is conveniently located downtown in what appears to be the city center. It's close to (within walking distance) of a large shopping mall area, plenty of really nice restaurants, and a river bank view. There is also, a restaurant next door that caters to the YMCA quests (although I wan't impressed with their eggs Benedict).

There are a number of more expensive hotels nearby, one of which we went to so that we could have a better dinning experience.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 28, 2006

YMCA Hotel George Williams

• rejoice profile photo rejoice
  • Reviews: 7

Cayambe View B&B: B&B at Mount Tamborine

We rented the Studio apartment for my family of 4 - a very cosy and nice place to stay.
The hosts - Judith & Frank were friendly, helpful and thoughtful. Room was equipped with good furnitures, utensils, maps and Scrabble game for our family. And, great breakfast too! Really enjoy our stay here.

A friendly kookabura will visit Judith every morning for it's snack.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written February 20, 2006

• rejoice profile photo rejoice
  • Reviews: 7

Hotel Watermark

Clean & comfortable hotel room.
But location is not in the heart of Surfers Paradise. Tourists with car will be convenient. Otherwise, be prepared to walk to the beach.

Nice outdoor spa and pool.
Friendly staff at tour desk.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Business Travel
  • Written February 20, 2006

• whytey profile photo whytey
  • Reviews: 51

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

pacific plaza holiday apartment: goldcoast accomodation

The apartment is a 2 bedroom apartment. Located at 142 the esplanade surfers paradise queensland . tel no: 07-55923554. Full facilities included. Kitchen with ovens n grills, fridge ,toaster ,pots n pans with cutleries. Iron , washing machine n dryer.
Amenities includes tour desk, car rental , swimming pool , spa n jacuzzi.
Its about 15mins walk along the beach to the central cavill mall..which is the shopping mall of surfers paradise. AUD120-140/night

All its balconies faces the pacific ocean. Terrific views indeed especially at sunrise n sunset.

• Related to: Family Travel, Theme Park Trips
  • Written November 30, 2003

• Sajt profile photo Sajt
  • Reviews: 320

ReefOs Brisbane: Loud and Dirty place

This is my first place in my life what I didn't like. I like hostels, but here we didn't slept. If you like 24/7 party, you have to come here, but if you want to sleep, don't choose ReefOs Brisbane. The staff is not nice. We checked out 2 hours later and we had to pay $20 more. They didn't care.

The only thing what we liked the Kitchen in the Bar. You can eat cheap and good food. The Chef was a very nice guy. They tried to do BBQ on the top of the building, but I didn't enjoyed. The meet was almost nothing for the price. Anyway I didn't liked!!!

• Written February 8, 2003

ReefOs Brisbane Hostel

• Ronald_T profile photo Ronald_T
  • Reviews: 923

I was staying in Sue's cottage...

I was staying in Sue's cottage at the Mt. Mee (near Caboolture).
In fact, Sue is a friend of mine and I have met her on ICQ. She also is a VT member (Soupy) and has nice traveller pictures as well. Only, she is too lazy to put them on here pages ;-) Shame Sue, wake up hahaaaa… She runs a fixing car company in Morayfield and she will give you 5% discount if you can prove that you are a VT member. Oh, you want the address. Well, here it is.
Morayfield Automotive Services.
Phone: (07) 5498 6002
All to there… ugh ;-)

• Written September 12, 2002
Tip Photo

• scharneckk profile photo scharneckk
  • Reviews: 39

The City has many lodgings and...

The City has many lodgings and there is a lodging to suit every budget. You will find backpackers hostels, Motels and medium to expensive Hotels.

You will find camping grounds and caravan parks the further out of the city that you go but not in the city and that also goes for bed and breakfast accomodation.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written September 8, 2002

• Randall_Burt profile photo Randall_Burt
  • Reviews: 819

I stayed at the Brisbane...

I stayed at the Brisbane Travelodge. It was a megga hotel will shopping and even the bus station connected to it. It was in walking distance to everywhere I went while in Brisbane.

• Opinion of Price: