Marriott Brisbane

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Brisbane Marriott

The Brisbane Marriott is, well, just another Marriott. I used to swear by Mariotts (and I was using Marriott Rewards points to stay for a weekend), but I was disappointed. Had I been paying several hundred dollars, I would wonder exactly where the money was going, to be honest.
    It's certainly 5-star opulence, but the room could have been anywhere, the service was standard. There seemed to be nothing special, nothing unique.
    The staff were friendly, everything worked, the room had everything I needed, the bed was comfortable, but everything just seemed 'expensive' rather than 'value'. In my opinion, you can get the same service, friendly staff, and room facilities for $100 a night less expenditure.

There is absolutely nothing to complain about with the Brisbane Marriott, but you can get the same for a whole lot less.

Unique Quality: Very small swimming pool and health club on the fourth floor.

Directions: At the far northern end of Queen Street

• Brisbane's best day spa

Really nice hotel especially on the executive floors where you get free access to drinks and enough entree's and desert so you don't need dinner. Great day spa. Close to the valley (china town) but a bit of a hike to the shops.

Unique Quality: Day Spa is wonderful

• ChadSteve1975's Profile Photo

Pretty swish

The Marriot set up shop in Brisbane a couple of years ago at the northern end of town in a brand new building.

The Marriot has a very appealing look to the passer by.

Unique Quality: The Marriot has some excellent function rooms. Perfect for the big dinners, wedding reception or conference meetings.

With Brisbane being my hometown I can't say I've stayed here so I can't vouch for the rooms.

Directions: Queen St towards Fortitude Valley. Qlong the River

More about Marriott Brisbane

Top Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member James_Thomson

This is a top hotel in Brisbane, I just stayed here for 2 nights last weekend.

The service was excellent, the rooms are fantastic with beautiful marble bathrooms, and extremely comfortable beds.

The buffet breakfast is great in the mornings.

The pool/spa/sauna/gym areas are good.

I have stayed in several Brisbane hotels and this was my best experience so far.

I would definitely return to the Marriott Brisbane.

Lovely stay, great service!

by TripAdvisor Member cher1969

We stayed at the Marriott Brisbane after our 12 hour flight from L.A. We were very happy with the room and the beds were very comfortable. The rooms were very clean and the carpet looked as though they get steam cleaned. The bathroom was all marble and the water pressure in the shower was lovely! The service at the concierge was second to none. They were very helpful. They even researched Thai restaurants that deliver on the internet for us! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Especially, after a long flight and you want a nice comfy bed to sleep and adjust to a new time zone. The only thing we found was the cost of meals were very high but most hotel's like this are.

No Complaints Here

by TripAdvisor Member smile4tree

We stayed at the Brisbane Marriott just for two nights at the very end of our three city honeymoon. We had just come from the disappointing Sea Temple Resort in Palm Cove (by Cairns), so the Marriott was such a relief. They upgraded us to a river view room for free which was nice and the view was lovely.

I have no complaints about the room. It wasn't any better or any less than expected. It was "just right".

We ate at the breakfast buffet one morning and the seafood buffet for dinner one time and both were good. The service was very friendly and efficient.

**This has nothing to do with the Marriott, but one night we ate at a nearby restaurant named Ecco after reading so many good things about it in a few different travel guides we had read. We were so disappointed. The food was mediocre (at best) and the service was very slow as well. Definitely NOT worth the expensive price.**

Overall, I would recommend the Brisbane Marriott.

Pretty good but could fault as it is a 5 star

by TripAdvisor Member MrsBANNISTER

Booked for a conference and had high expectations from it being 5 star. Staff were very helpful but room service orders were wrong on several occasions and very expensive. The lifts are slow to arrive. Key card into pool areas didnt work leaving you stranded in the hallway in your swimmers. Shower door wasnt adequate so floor flooded. Not enough towels for two people. Room was quite dull and without any particular touches I associate with a 5 star, didnt even bother with the toileties as they smelt cheap. There was dust on the headboard and that might seem picky but I dont expect it.

On the plus great location right next to the river, huge and very comfy bed, polite accomodating staff.

Very nice, definately 5 star!

by TripAdvisor Member darcoops

We had a lovely time here. Check-in was perfect, room lovely, amazing view. Best thing were the super comfy beds and pillows, lush!! Didnt get to eat in the restaurant because they had a function on so went to Michaels nearby (over-rated in my opinion).

Only bad thing I can say about the Marriot was a lamp shade that was so tatty it was embarrasing (only looked so out of place because the rest was so beautiful), and the porters can be very slow. I think they would rather you bring your own bags down when checking out, but we had so much we only took half. The other half took forever and we had to enquire twice. We sat and waited 20 minutes, not good. But the rest was perfect.

Good service, good location

by TripAdvisor Member happyemailer

Good location (a few minutes from the main shops, and the restaurants along the river).
Good service (early check-in was no problem, helpful staff).
Breakfast good, but other meals a bit limited - cheaper and better view if you leave the hotel and turn right and then right again down the steps and walk out along the river for lunch or dinner.
Pool OK, but very cold !

Very Nice Hotel in a Great Location But a Disappointing Check-out

by TripAdvisor Member Brynny2

We loved the hotel. The room was beautiful, clean, and comfortably furnished. The location was great for us. From the hotel we could walk alond the riverfront walkway and to the main downtown shopping area. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were having a wonderful time and I wrote a glowing review for the hotel that I intended to hand in when I checked out - but I kept it and threw it away after my experience checking out.

When I went to the desk to finalize our bill for our three night stay, I was shocked to see a line for "Tip". I asked what that was for, as we had paid a tip directly to room service staff, to the bell hop who helped us with our luggage, and had added a tip to our restaurant bill. I was told this tip was for "general hotel staff, like the clerks at the check-in desk". I had thought that was what the fairly substantial room charge was for!! I have never experienced this demand for a tip on your total hotel bill before or since. I sincerely hope it doesn't become common practice.

Comments