1 The Circuit, Brisbane Airport, Brisbane, 4007, Australia
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Brisbane

Riverfire on the Story Bridge - BrisbaneRiverfire on the Story Bridge - Brisbane

View from Bartley's Hill lookoutView from Bartley's Hill lookout

Singapore Chilli crab - Kingsleys style!Singapore Chilli crab - Kingsleys style!

ToiletToilet

Brisbane to Cairns Bus Pass

by caldarrosta

Hello,

what is the cheapest bus option to get to Cairns? What company has the lower price?

I have seen that we could get passes for $269, is there anything cheaper?

Or if u know any other better option.

Thanks a lot.
Enzo

by cafank

A couple of options: $195.00

Backpacker pass $145,00

$262.00 +

If you check out Virgin Blue or Jetstar you might find a comparable airfare - would save 30 hours on the bus e.g. Bris - Cairns 30th April Virgin Blue - $139.99. Why would you go by bus? http://bookings.virginblue.com.au

by colin_bramso

I agree - why go by bus? Flying is cheaper and quicker if you just want to get from one city to the other. If you want to see the country in between then the best way is to hire a car.

by Anne12

Yep, I agree with Colin, if you don't want to fly, grab a hire car and drive.
You could hire a Wicked Camper van in Brisbane and drop off in Cairns.
These guys have good deals and I think they hire to under 21's
Check out their website.
Virgin Blue and Jetstar have good deals for flights between Cairns and Brisbane, or the other way:)

by caldarrosta

Thanks everyone!

WE do not have a lot of money to hire a car so thats why we were thinking about the bus pass, flying is out of question coz we would not see what we came here for...barrier reef...
I have found this site which I think it should be pretty good:
hopefully we get lucky and we can go to cairns with one of these campervan!

Thanks again to all!
Enzo

by bijo69

Just in case you still have to take the bus: Premier is a bit cheaper than Greyhound, but they just have one servive per day.

by colin_bramso

Enzo, I don't understand this: "flying is out of question coz we would not see what we came here for...barrier reef..."

Why does flying mean you won't see the GBR?

If you mean cost, flying is cheaper than the bus!

Travel Tips for Brisbane

Amazing Australian Birds in the Wild

by cnango

My friend Mandy was born in Australia but has lived in the USA for more than 30 years. It was fun to see her in her native country she loves so much. She told me what she misses most from OZ is the "3-B's" the Bush, the Beaches and the Birds. I can understand why! It was so amazing seeing such unique and beautiful birds in the wild. My favorite is the Kookaburra with it laughing chirp. I was also blown away by the colorful wild parrots and numerous Gold Crested Cockatoos that perched on our hotel balcony. The other birds are not familiar to me, I'll have to have Mandy or some other Aussie out there fill me in.

Our Ekka!

by thedouglas

This is one of the big events of the year - when for 10 days, the folks from the country meet up the those from the city. Starts on 16 August this year, starting with the cattle judging for the diehards (like my husband!) - and then the fun of the Show begins!

While the kids rarely venture from sideshow alley and the showbag pavillion, without the insistenceof their parents, they usually enjoy the real things of the show as well - prize animals of all breeds (you can spend all day looking at the feathered variety alone!), cows and horses, goats etc., the produce pavillions, woodchopping displays (one of our favourites), craft etc., fashion parades, showcasing of local and state farm craft.....There are nightly fireworks, concerts, shows in the ring etc.

The girls love to check out the farm boys in their moleskins and RM Williams boots, as a novely attraction from the local city boys! The Cattleman's Bar is the perfect place to sidle up at the bar beside a country counterpart for the city folk, and enjoy a meeting with someone from a totally different lifestyle.

Hibiscus Gardens Sports Complex

by 360dude

This sports complex contains a large indoor area hosting four netball courts (multi-purpose for volleyball, basketball and indoor soccer) six squash courts, 50m Olympic-sized pool, 25m heated and covered pool, toddlers pool, gym and a skate park. It is also the home training ground of the Queensland Firebirds netball team.

RIVERSIDE WALK

by Dani_aus

A great walk when its too dark to go bushwalking is to start at southbank, and walk along the river .... past the kangaroo point cliffs where people often go rock climbing even in the dark as there are lights on them (VERY PRETTY!) and then along another riverside bit to under story bridge...
this is where i usually turn around and go back again, but i guess people could walk further,
it is really really relaxing, and i have found it fairly safe , there's usually runners and cyclers about, so thats good.
they have 2 paths along the way, one is for people on bikes and one is for people on foot.

I LOVE IT

Brisbane Ghost Tours. I've...

by timtrina

Brisbane Ghost Tours. I've never been on this one, but I've heard alot about it! It includes a visit to Boggo Road Gaol (Jail). For those of you Aussies who watched the 'Scream Test' series on TV last year, you know what I'm talking about. An absolutely freaky place - I for one would not like to go here at night.

You can call them on (07) 3272 6234