4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Fozbergersteinway's Profile Photo

Run by the Gestapo

Hi there,

I just wanted to report some very poor service from a hotel that I stayed at in Brisbane. For 3 nights I stayed at the Royal on the Park Hotel in Brisbane for a company conference. The booking was made through my company. When I first checked in I was rudely ignored by the hotel doorman and I had to struggle to get my heavy bag through the front manual door. Not a great start!
    The next day I was diconnected from the internet (that I had paid for) in my room, and at the time I was expecting very important news of both work and personal matters. For several hours the staff treated me arrogantly and with rude indifference, providing me with no useful information about the problem or when it was likely to be fixed. Having had enough I rang the front desk to complain, at which time the Porter got very angry and said he would put me through to the Manager. Good I thought, I can express my disappointment forthrightly to the manager and maybe get some helpful assistance at least. Not to be! Instead I was spoken to with a rude tone that can only be described as patronising obfuscation, and still no information about the internet. Upon hearing this, I got quite angry for which I have apologised to the staff, however the hotel senior management apparently want my blood! That's right, because I was treated rudely and got angry, I am suddenly the bad guy and have been cautioned with threats of "action" against me. Unbelievable!! That the senior manager would make vague threats against a justifiably unhappy paying guest!! I seriously caution anyone considering a stay at the Royal on the Park in Brisbane to be quiet, put up with poor service and don't under any circumstances, dare to complain.

Unique Quality: Good rooms and location

Directions: near the Botanical Gardens

• Best weekend away I have had in a long time

Through an online deal I booked a weekend in an Executive Spa Suite for a reasonable price. The outside of the hotel does leave a lot to be desired but upon entry to the lobby we were stunned. The staff were welcoming and we were checked in and taken to our rooms within minutes.

Opening the door to the room we were again stunned at the opulence of the room as we certainly did not expect to find the room was almost an apartment. Everything was well maintained and even the placement of a Nespresso machine with a selection of blends was brilliant.

The bedroom was just as roomy with a king-size bed that was easy to sleep in or rest on.

All are needs were taken care of even to having someone come in during the evening to turn down the bed.

Unique Quality: The views from the room were spectacular given that the majority of the rooms overlook the Brisbane Botanic Gardens and the river.

Directions: The hotel is directly opposite the Brisbane Botanic Gardens and Brisbane River and is a short walk to Queen Street Mall and Southbank.

• Steve-H's Profile Photo

Great view, comfy beds.

I had one night in the center of Brisbane and it was my last night in Australia so I went out in style, large comfy bed (3 pillows wide) and great views of the gardens opposite. The nicely stocked mini bar wasn't tempting as I had already booked a table at a riverside eatery and was looking forward to a good night out.
    After booking in I went to my room to find it was at the back of the hotel with no view at all, I had requested a room at the front when I made my reservation online and the mistake was soon rectified, happy me, I had a view of the Gabba when the flood lights came on in the evening and of the giant fruit bats that descend on the botanical gardens in the evening.
    I was comfy and rested, ready for the rigours of a long haul flight the next day, the staff seemd a little abrupt at first but they were so busy I could forgive them anything as they were so helpful. Checking in and out was a breeze and made even easier by the fact that I booked the room online.
    Everything you need to know is on the hotel's web site including the very useful online booking service, you can use the link below.

Unique Quality: 24 hour reception
    24 hour room service
    Express checkout
    On-site car parking and valet service
    The Walnut Restaurant and Lounge Bar
    Outdoor pool and spa
    Fully equipped gym
    Grand ballroom, 7 conference rooms and facilities
    Currency Exchange
    Guest Laundry and dry cleaning service
    Internet desk and business services available on request
    Safety deposit boxes
    All major credit cards accepted (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners, JCB)
    AAA tourism rated 4.5 star hotel
    153 guest rooms including 8 refurbished Executive and Spa Suites (all non-smoking)
    Iron facilities in all rooms
    Broadband connection in rooms

Directions: Opposite the main entrance to the Botanical Gardens.

• emerald125's Profile Photo

The Royal on the Park

$190 for a spa suite $140 for a standard room. On last min it cost me $120 for the spa suite.

Unique Quality: The Hotel is in the centre of town overlooking the Botanic Gardens. Service was outstanding and the room was very luxious - then again I had spent the previous 4 days in a tent!! lol
    I had a King spa suite and all the little extras in the room (like crystal wine glasses) were very much appreciated

Comments