Value Score No Data
Good For Solo
Excellent value rooms at Spring Hill
I stayed at Spring Hill Terraces for 4 nights in late April 2006.
I paid 65 AUD (approx. 25 GBP) per night for a "budget single" room, and this proved to be excellent value for money. Being a budget room, I shared a bathroom with 3 other rooms. Rooms with en-suite facilities are available for a higher price.
Spring Hill Terraces is located in the beautiful (but rather hilly!) area of Spring Hill, a short walk to the north-west of Brisbane city centre. It is approximately 20-25 minutes walking distance from the CBD and the river, 15 minutes from the central train station and 10-15 minutes from Chinatown and the nightlife of Fortitude valley. It is by no means centrally located, but the walk into the city centre is pleasant.
My spotlessly clean "budget single" room contained the following amenities:
- a comfortable double bed;
- a large wardrobe;
- a fridge/freezer;
- a sink;
- tea and coffee making facilities (kettle, tea bags, coffee sachets, sugar, milk, complimentary biscuits and hot chocolate sachets);
- cable TV (2 movie channels, 2 sports channels, Discovery Channel, National Geographic Channel and all free-to-air channels) and a complimentary TV guide detailing the month's viewing;
- desk with two chairs;
- bedside shelves;
- radio alarm clock.
Maid service was carried out daily and clean towels were provided every day. The coffee and tea supplies were also replenished each day (apart from the milk, which I had to purchase myself after the initial carton had been used).
The bathroom facilities were shared between 4 rooms. These consisted of a spotlessly clean shower and toilet with locks on the cubicles. I never had any problems with the facilities being busy during my stay.
Unique Quality: .
Hotel facilities and staff:
The hotel's staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The reception area contains all the information (excursion brochures, free city maps, restaurant guides etc) that you could ever need. Internet access is available on one computer terminal in reception for a cost, as are fax and photocopying services. A laundry service is also offered for an additional charge. The hotel's staff will arrange transport to the airport for a small charge.
There is a swimming pool and a BBQ area within the grounds of the property, although I never saw or used either of them.
The main front gate of the property closes at 9pm each night. After this time, you need to use a sensor attached to your room key to enter the property and then to enter the building.
You can have breakfast delivered to your room between 7am and 8am if you provide the reception desk with your order before 8pm the previous night. I never used this service, but noted the following items from the menu in my room:
- fruit juices (2 AUD);
- yoghurt (2 AUD);
- fruit salad (2 AUD);
- cereals (2 AUD);
- fillet steak, eggs and tomato (10 AUD);
- bacon, eggs and tomato (8 AUD);
- various combinations of eggs, sausage, bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms (8 AUD);
- baked beans on toast (5 AUD);
- 2 slices of toast with honey or jam (2 AUD);
- croissants (4 AUD).
Excellent value, comfortable rooms owned by extremely friendly people. Located in the pleasant Spring Hill area of the city and well worth the 25 minute walk into the city centre! Highly recommended!!
Directions: Located in the Spring Hill area of Brisbane (ca. 20 minutes walk from the CBD). On the corner of Water Street and Kennigo Street.
Popular Hotels in Brisbane
249 Turbot Street, (formerly Sheraton Brisbane Hotel), Brisbane
Corner of Edward & Margaret Streets, Brisbane
Corner Alice & Albert Streets, Brisbane
Corner of Albert & Elizabeth Street, Brisbane
Explore the World
- Rambler Garden
- Grand Blue Sky International
- Hotel Grand Union
- Surfs Inn
- Vancouver Extended Stay
- Kingsway Hall Hotel, Covent Garden
- The Banjaran Hotspring Retreat
- County Hotel
- Apartamentos Galeon Playa
- Seasons Inn
- Key West Inn At Captain Hirams
- Hotel Green Castle Mussoorie
- Mariners Landing At Smith Mountain Lake
- Villa Del Palmar Flamingos