Tinbilly Travellers

Base Brisbane Uptown
Booking.com Hotels.com HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Review of onsuite bar

Can't really comment on the hostel as we didn't stay there. But the connected bar really has issues. The food is great, and the drinks are fairly cheap, but the bouncers they employ have severe power trip issues. Whilst we were there they kicked several ppl out for drinking, not drinking TOO much, just for drinking. When i confronted them after kicking one of my friends out, I was kicked out for being too aggressive (trust me, im incredibly mild and me being aggressive consisted of saying "hes had a few beers, hes not that drunk, hes not being sick/having difficulty standing and theres so many ppl far worse than him here"). After being told I had to leave, i said "fine, whatever, we'll move to the exit, finish our drinks and leave". They then forfcefully took our drinks from us and kicked us onto the street. I then asked to take a photo of there boucner ID (a legal requirement from london, where I normally drink), and they refused, and started threatening to "beat the *** out of me". When I took my mobile out (camera phone) they tried to grab it from me and pushed me towards the main road behind me during incoming traffic.

I've been drinking in a lot of pubs/clubs over the last 10 years, and I've seen people kicked out from several places, but I've never seen the completely random aggressive behaviour displayed by the staff at the tinbilly in anywhere else I've travelled.

• astro_kerryn's Profile Photo

Tinbilly backpackers hostel

This hostel was the best hostel Ive been to. II stayed in a room with four beds (2 sets of bunks) with colourful doona's and sheets. The bathroom was located in the room and was small but perfectly fine. There was HEAPS of hot water!!!! It was all very clean even though my room was full. The common rooms and kitchens on each floor were also clean and comfortable. The bar down stairs serves a great breakfast and seems like a fun place to have a "schooner" or watch tv. Al in all, this hostel was fantastic and I highly recommend it!

Unique Quality: I loved the brand and colourful themes which make you feel very welcome and provide a relaxed and laid back atmosphere without being pretentious about it. The building was also very secure.

It is perfectly positioned across from the Roma Street Transit Centre (Brisbane's major transport hub) where you can get local and interstate buses, trains and the Airtrain (Brisbane's airport link). Its about a ten minute walk into the centre of the city.

Its worth buying one of the groovy Tinbilly t'shirts

Comments