Urban Brisbane Hotel

345 Wickham Terrace (Formerly Goodearth Hotel), Brisbane, Queensland, 4000, Australia

Hotel Urban Brisbane
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Caseldine Pines Aspley

A really well set out motel and conference room area...plenty of parking and you have an allocated spot for your vehicle.
    There is a dining room but we did not use this facility.
    Our room was comfortable...TV and all the amenities EXCEPT WIFI was not free

The Motel is really well located
    30 Minutes north of Brisbane CBD and Southbank
    Direct access to the Gold Coast and theme parks Dream world, Movie world and Wet and Wild.
    10 minutes to great shopping at Westfield Chermside
    Easy access to the North Coast (Sunshine Coast)

Other suburbs in area include Zilmere, Aspley, Chermside, Albany Creek, and Geebung

Unique Quality: Space...plenty of space to walk around...to park your car....

Just next door there is the Eden Garden Centre and cafe....really nice food in pleasant surroundings

Being close to the Boondall Entertainment Centre (not to be confused with Brisbane CBD Confernce centre at Southbank) you might like to read my review on The Entertainment Centre

Directions: Located on Gympie Road near Beams Road .......

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo

Accor accommodation

Unique Quality: For an Accor hotel, we were expecting the building to be a bit more modern, but it had been nicely enough renovated, just not as much as we were expecting.
    Note it's not really walking distance to shops and eateries, so the restaurant is handy for guests (also a good room service menu which didn't look too expensive). Not sure if price wise it's average or a bit above average. It's about a 15 min walk into the city down the hill from the hotel.

Directions: on a hill overlooking part of Brisbane city.

• SangAji's Profile Photo

Brisbane's hilltop hotel

located on hilltop on edge of central brisbane

convenient location, ample car parking, friendly and hassle-free service, spacious enough for kids to run around!

own balcony... quiet surroundings

Unique Quality: great view and easy access...

excellent rates for whole family via australian accommodation agency

Directions: on hilltop... near clock tower

More about Urban Brisbane Hotel

Good location, a bit average rooms...

by TripAdvisor Member pemaquid

A bit rundown...great location, just bought by Accor.

...the staff was very helpful, though the rooms were in pretty tough shape. They put me in a ground floor room right next to the pool and I asked to switch, which they did very nicely. Both rooms were pretty shabby looking- the walls a bit torn up, the bathroom pretty yucky and old broken chairs. But, it's a budget hotel and it served its purpose for one night in Brisbane. Be warned- the phone charges are EXORBITANT! Even if you use a phone card, the local charges are crazy.... THe hotel has a lot of potential though and I hear it's been bought by Accor, so I'm sure it will get better!

Nothing good about this hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member Tiffer999

Booked in at 4 pm booked out at 7 pm, is this a record. We didn’t even unpack, we went for a cold drink weighed up our option and decide we couldn’t stop at the Good Earth, there's nothing good about this hotel. The air condition couldn’t cope with the hot weather. The décor was tired and out of date, the bedroom furniture wouldn’t have been out of place in a second hand saleroom, very tatty. The bathroom was dark and gloomy. The patio door runners were infested with ants and the whole room smelt of damp and other odours. The only thing that the this hotel had going for it was the way the hotel staff dealt with our complaints, they were very helpful in arranging our departure from the Good Earth. No photographs didn,t stop long enough to take any.

Truly awful place

by TripAdvisor Member The_Grinch

This hotel was so bad it was funny! We booked this hotel from England over the internet because it was cheap and it really was!!

We arrived there directly off our flight from Dubai at around 5am!! Check in was around 1pm and so we left our bags with reception and wandered around town until there was anywhere open to get a coffee!! The following 7 hours until check in were pretty hideous!! But that wasn’t their fault!!

Any way the room we were given was very basic but perfectly adequate. Which was pretty much the theme of the hotel. It’s ok if you are looking for somewhere cheap and basic to sleep but not for anything else. It certainly far from luxurious. It is however in quite a good position to explore Brisbane.

The problems started when we decided we would like a drink and switched on the kettle. Which then caused all the electrics in the room to blow. We called reception and were promptly offered an upgrade to the 'penthouse suite' and of course we qkly accepted. Up came a very scary lady who looked like an extra from Prisoner Cell Block H to help carry our bags. We followed her up the stairs past the boiler room and the signs saying no access beyond this point. Me and my boyfriend were struggling behind with one bag between us and the cell block H lady powering up the stairs with one bag under each arm. The stairs were in a real state and looked like the builders entrance that should never be seen by a guest. When we reached the 'suite' we really couldn’t believe our eyes. There were 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and a massive lounge with a balcony with a panoramic view of the city. It was truly, truly awful. It looked like some sort of crime scene which hadn’t seen human contact for well over a decade. It really was desperately crying out for some decoration. It was such a shame because the views were amazing and they really could have made something out of it. All you could hear from the 'suite' was the boiler room and at night it really was quite spooky. It was so awful it was quite comedy really although I would never recommend this hotel I will always remember it!
And Brisbane is a really great place!

i've had better!

by TripAdvisor Member qprjames

well....its okay i guess!

if you can find a cheap deal then u're doing okay. but i can think of much nicer places to stay for a little extra. or perhaps that are better located. i really didnt like being on top of that hill either!!

the rooms seemed okay to me. clean and pasable. one nice touch was that it had a balcony where i was even able to sunbathe in the nude without being seen (and no i'm not a naturist!) i just happened to be on my own and not in view of anybody else!!

the pool was a big big let down. it was very very very very small! it had little sunlight, and was quite dirty.

if you cant find anywhere esle, the this will do for a night or two, but probs best to find somewhere esle

Tired room, smelly lobby, nightmare car park

by TripAdvisor Member AlexYap

I booked this hotel over the Internet because it was one of the cheapest 3-star hotel in Brisbane. However, I drove to Brisbane and was charged additional $10 per night for parking, so it wasn't really that cheap anymore. Navigating around the jungle of pillars in the underground carpark was a slow and stressful exercise. Luckily I drove a small car and avoided hitting anything, unlike some other vehicles that left their marks on the pillars.

The lobby had a strong detergent smell that was quite nauseating.

The room was old and tired. The toilet/shower-room was cramp and in dire need of renovation. One of the two toilet lights was broken, so it was also underlit.

The only positive aspects are the friendly staff and the exercise I get climbing up the hill from the city to the hotel.

Only consider this hotel if you are on a budget, not driving and enjoy exercising (climbing the hill).

I loved this hotel.

I arrived in Brisbane and as soon as I arrived in the hotel room, I felt very comfortable and relaxed. It was not amazing but for the star rating I thought it was above average, compared to a lot of other hotels I stayed in during my trip to Australia.

The views were amazing and the room was very bright and not depressing at all, like some hotels are.

I would definitely go back there if I was to stay in Brisbane again, and my Mum who I was with is actually re-booking the hotel for her return to Brisbane.

I would admit that the halls and lifts etc maybe need some modernisation and the swimming pool area, but I think the most important part of a hotel is the room and this was great.

Fantastic value and location

by TripAdvisor Member Shane81

I spent three nights at this hotel in May 2006, and was very plesantly surprised. My main requirements were a central location and a budget of AUD 90 per night. Despite some of the previous bad reviews of the hotel, it met both of the above criteria, and the alternatives - the Soho or the Astor - did not seem to be significantly superior.

It is certainly true that the hotel is in need of redecoration, but that was really the only negative point, and did not have much of an impact upon my stay. I hope that the new owners (Accor) will undertake some essential cosmetic work, as this place has so much potential. Aside from the chipped plastering and dated carpets, the room was clean and comfortable, and had an amazing view over the city. Indeed, the views definitely made the room a lot more likeable.

I arrived here by the Coachtrans transfer from the airport. It is AUD 17.50 pp for an open return from either the international or domestic terminals, and this includes a drop-off and collection from the hotel (it runs every 30 minutes and tickets can be bought in the arrivals hall). The train is marginally more expensive, and involves a 10 minute uphill walk along Albert Street. The walk is by no means strenuous, but may be inconvenient if you are carrying heavy suitcases. A taxi is about AUD 35 EACH WAY.

Although very close to the centre, the hotel is actually located in a very peaceful and quiet area - there was very little external noise even during the day. The Roma Street Parkland is located opposite the hotel, and is well worth a visit - I preferred it to the City Botanic Gardens. All other city sights are within easy walking distance, and the Queen St Mall is about 10 minutes away. Buses to suburban attractions such as Lone Pine or Mt Coot-tha are also a short stroll from the hotel.

The room itself had two very comfy double beds and a balcony from which to enjoy the view. The shower was a bit dark, but the bathroom overall was nice and clean. The receptionist who checked me in was unenthusiastic but certainly not rude. His colleague on the other hand was very cheerful.

For anybody like me, looking for a relatively cheap hotel close to the centre, I would highly recommend this hotel as long as you can put up with its slightly shabby appearance. The cheapest rates were available on the Accor website - I paid AUD 89 per night.

Can't complain

by TripAdvisor Member tafawke

Needed to stay overnight in Brisbane to be with mother in law who is in Intensive Care at the Royal Brisbane. Booked online directly with the hotel chain and got a good rate. On check in found they had upgraded to higher floor level so the view over the city was pretty good. Room was very clean and whilst dated, well presented (no chipped tiles in the bathroom etc). I agree with an earlier post that the parking is a bit of a hassle with all the columns, but we didn't have to pay for it so we just got on with it. Had dinner in the restaurant and that was superb - excellent meal and quality service. Check out was a bit of a drama (and could still be one) I was under the impression (from previously booking online with the hotel chain direct) that payment was made at the time - they told me it wasn't so I needed to pay with my credit card - I will be checking my credit card statement very carefully to make sure I only have the one charge. Otherwise it was a pleasant stay.

view from our hotel, Urban Brisbaneview from our hotel, Urban Brisbane