34 Esplanade, Cairns, Cairns District, 4870, Australia

Costs 43% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Hilton Cairns

Loved The Hilton Cairns

by TripAdvisor Member richs25644

Our family stayed at the Hilton Cairns for 5 nights in December, 2006 while visiting our daughter who was studying at James Cook University in Townsville for her Junior year abroad from the U.S. Wow, what an experience. We had two rooms, paid $229 (US) per room per night, including all fees, taxes and internet. There is an open air rainforest in the middle of the hotel. It was a great location. We walked to The Esplanade for all the restaurants and shops, and walked to the tour boats for our cruise to The Great Barrier Reef. We enjoyed the impressive outdoor pool, sauna and hot tub. We used their valet parking for our rental car, which was quick and convenient. The tour desk was very helpful in determining what we wanted to do, with advice and direction, reserving attractions for us including the reef cruise and the Kuranda Train and Skyrail. The staff was wonderful. The rooms were a good size, clean, and comfortable. The Hilton Cairns was a great choice. I recommend the Hilton Cairns for its elegant tropical venue, price, location, and comfort.

Location, location, location

by ccvisit about Hilton Cairns (Wharf Street Cairns Queensland )

Nice and helpful staff. Good ocean and wharf views. The grounds are beautiful. Mondo Grill is a favorite amongst locals and tourists. Best at night especially with a full moon because it lights up the lagoon and the mountain casts this otherwordly shadow over the wharf. You can take the boardwalk right off the hotel and end up on esplanade, a major street filled w/ cafes, restaurants, and of course, souvenir shops. Also has the Pier marketplace.

Great Hotel ! Great Location !

by TripAdvisor Member brandonstravel

Great Hotel in a Great location in Cairns. We stayed on the Club floor, room well appointed and spacious, large balcony, and turndown service in the evening. Staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Loved the Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MPSimon

General:
This hotel was above average with nice amenities. It was convenient to the boat launch for day tours of the Great Barrier.
Room
The rooms were extremly clean and this is coming from a person with Hotelaphobia (scared to stay in hotel rooms due to cleanliness).
Staff
The staff was very helpful with dinner recomendations and local activities.
If we ever go back to Cairns we will definately stay at this property.

Brilliant!

by TripAdvisor Member Kellylp

This hotel has a brilliant location and is excellent value for money. The rooms are spacious and we had one overlooking the bay at no extra cost, which was stunning. The hotel has a tropical feel to it and the poolside is nice too, with a jacuzzi.

The outside hotel bar also serves fantastic food, and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member arfurcanberra

We stayed here in june 2006 after we got engaged. It is one of the best value 5 star hotels we have stayed in. The staff were extremely friendly, and nothing was too much for them. It is a great location and very reasonably priced. The breakfast was extensive and delicous. My fiance and myself are very particular, however we found it hard to fault this hotel. Overall I highly recomend this hotel to anyone.

Nice hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member whitesandbeach

We stayed here in early December and had a great time. The rooms were nice and very clean, and housekeeping and service in general at the hotel was great. The views of the waterfront are nice, and the pool area was great, although we didn't spend too much time in the pool.

We were very impressed with the location of the hotel. It was on the waterfront, yet in the middle of everything. There are many many restaurants and shops (especially souvenir shops) within walking distance. Internet access in the hotel was expensive, but within a five minute walk from the hotel you will come across at least three or four internet cafe-type shops (we spent $1 Australian for half an hour online).

The morning after we arrived at the hotel, we went down to the tour desk, where within an hour we had reviewed many, many, many options for tour activities and booked three days' worth of trips. The woman at the tour desk was incredibly helpful and knew about all of the tours available; it was clear that she had personally been on almost all of them and was speaking from knowledge. If you are unsure what to do, make sure to ask the tour desk for help.

All in all, this was a great hotel with good service and a fantastic location.

excellent

by TripAdvisor Member ozzysid

we stayed at the hilton for a couple of nights ,and we were very impressed with everything, and cairns was a very nice place my wife and i went for a walk into cairns, and had a meal in a very nice resteraunt ,excellent value, then for a walk along the esplanade which we were very impressed with, i would recommend this place to anyone

Graet Location

by TripAdvisor Member Neil&Amanda

We stayed for one night in the middle of Feb this year.

On arrival our room was not ready, even at 1800, the excuse being they were busy with Chinese New Year. It wasn't a major problem for us so we waited. On opening my wallet and the receptionist seeing my Hilton Gold Card, they could not do enough for us. We were immediately invited to go up to the executive floor and help ourselves to a drink in the lounge. The room would be with us within the hour. An apology came from a manager that he could not accommodate us on the executive floor because they were so full (I hadn't even asked!). I had however booked this on a really low travel industry rate and wasn't expecting all this attention. Also my wife asked if we could use the lounge in the morning for breakfast and the receptionist agreed and seemed surprised that we had even asked. After half an hour we were escorted to our room and our bags were waiting.

The Hilton was a really nice hotel. In the UK the rooms at a run of the mill Hilton can be like a slightly upmarket Travelodge. However this was far superior complete with marble bathroom (no bath but a fabulous walk in rain shower) and huge comfy bed, pillow menu etc. It is located near the casino, on the edge of the marina. I liked the look of the bar, very light and separated from the lobby by a white lace curtain. Unfortunately after we returned from dinner it was closed. It wasn't late (before 11) and the waterfront bar was about to close as well. I don't know if this is normal in Cairns but usually you can get a drink from a Hotel bar after 11.

Anyway we would definitely stay here again, just hope it doesn't rain as much next time!!

Go to Port Douglas instead!

by TripAdvisor Member kmg264

I stayed in Cairns for one night after my trip to Port Douglas because I was flying out early from the Cairns airport, and I regret the stay. The Hilton was fine -- nothing thrilling. My first room had quite a cluster of ants in the bathroom, and then smelled pretty toxic after they sprayed for the ants. There was no way to air out the room because the balcony door had no screen (although it did have a nice view) and there was no fan in the room. To their credit, the front desk changed my room when I asked. The rooms were standard, but the beds not the most comfortable I've experienced. The outdoor restaurant/bar was fun, and the food good, and not too pricey for a hotel. The pool area was nice enough, and the gym small and dark but adequate. My biggest complaint was Cairns in general. It's dirty, super touristy, and there is no real beach. If you want to relax in a relaxing, friendly, and clean town, definitely head north to Port Douglas.

Comments