The Lakes Cairns Resort & Spa

The Lakes Cairns Resort
Booking.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Great little (big) place

We stayed there for four nights Nov 7-10 2011 and found it really lovely. We stayed in a deluxe 2 bdrm apartment and it had everything you'd want - dishwasher, good sized fridge, gas hobs and even an oven!! Only downside was we only had one bathroom and the toilet although separate was very close to the living room which wasn't very private. Washing machine and dryer were great and heaps of storage and cupboards for all your stuff. Had double sink and shower over spa bath. Even outdoor/indoor courtyard (we were on 3rd floor) with 2 ranchsliders opening up. We had a great time, popped across the way for a drink from the bar, spent a lot of time in the pools which were always very clean and sparkling. The whole apartment was clean and tidy. It's great for families. It is on the flight path but you don't really hear it and pretty much all of Cairns is on the flightpath as the airport is only 2kms from the main centre. Flights start at 6am-ish and finish about 6pm-ish. I didn't hear them in the morning - only when in the pool during the day.

Unique Quality: It has 4 pools including a lap pool, sand which is raked daily, a carwash bay, undercover carparking, a restaurant, bar and even a 24 hour store - although rather expensive. Also a playground for young kids and a games room for the older ones!

• CultusLake's Profile Photo

Resort in the city

This place is like a resort in the city. Nice rooms, nice atmosphere, good restaurants and good service.

Directions: Not far from the airport...5 min by cab.

• dancinbudgie's Profile Photo

Family Holiday Made Easy

This place was a great place to stay for us as all the comforts of home were provided. The kitchen was fully equipped, the laundry had all the necessaries, bedrooms comfortable, and there was plenty of space for us to all spread out. The pools were fabulous...the kids loved playing in the sand. It was exceptionally quiet and peaceful, close to everything, and had tour buses leaving for 'everywhere' just at the 'back' door. They also had a shuttle bus which picked us up and dropped us off at the airport. We stayed on one of their package deals, which included trips to Kuranda and Green Island, and worked out to be very economical for us. We had a great time here and would not hesitate to go back.

• bumpychick's Profile Photo

Good quality accommodation

This hotel is a cross between a resort and a gated community. The accomodation consists of apartment style rooms with self catering facilities. We found everything to be of a very high standard and were very impressed by the space and facilities in our apartment.
    The resort has quite a few swimming pool areas, set in natural surroundings, so no apartment is too far away from the facilities. There are places to barbeque (and wash up!). The resort itself is quiet yet family orientated too. There is a variety of dining options ranging from a Pizzaria to an upmarket restaurant.
    The hotel can pick you up from the airport, and they also have a 'tour' pick up point at the front.I would thoroughly recommend this 'hotel'.

Directions: about 10 minutes walk from the sea, and half an hour to the town centre.

• lesaandbill's Profile Photo

Great Place to Stay to see the GBR and Cape Trib

This place is very impressive. It's not near the town, or the beach...or anything...but it is its own world by itself. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for $126USD we booked thru orbitz...and it was the best steal during the entire trip.

We were trekking, touring the GBR and Cape Trib every day...so it was an absolute perfect spot to be based. The staff was helpful..and the place was unbelievable!

The website doesn't do it justice... http://www.thelakescairns.com.au/

Unique Quality: There are about 5 different pools throughout the complex...2 of them are lap pools for swimming...

• gayle129's Profile Photo

cairns best resort accommodation

stayed here for four nights in a 2 bedroom apartment, it was very clean, wonderful balcony with shutters all around, the apartment had everything in it like a dishwahers washing machine and dryer, fans and aircon a dining area lounge and just loads of space. the staff were very friendly and everywhere was very clean.

Unique Quality: there were five pools to choose everyone different a gym, bbq areas, 2 resturants and a pizza delivery.
    The resort is a little way out of the town centre but there is a tour pickup and you could hire a car

More about The Lakes Cairns Resort & Spa

Cairns - The Lakes Resort

by jodky about Lakes Resort - Cairns

The Lakes Resort was excellent accommodation for our family we had two adults and two children in a 2 bed apartment. Very room with a great sized kitchen and loungeroom. Awesome balcony with table and chairs (really nice to dine out) 2 bathrooms. Big beds. The resort has 3 or 4 pools all different my kids just loved them. Highly recommend 3 fabulous pools

Nicest Hotel We've stayed in...

by TripAdvisor Member McGalio

We had an unbelievable time at the Lakes Cairns. Our Room was nicer than our Apartment at home. We actually had a washer and Dryer!!!! The pool has white sand in it. It is absolutely beautiful and is a definite home away from home! Friendly staff and only a $9 cab ride to the airport. NICE!!!!

We loved The Lakes, cannot understand the review entitled "over rated" as the kitchen was fully equipped- more utensils and appliances than I have at home!! and there was parking (with card access) under every block of units!! Loved the no smoking idea, and who needs TV's everywhere when on holiday!! The pools were great, and we enjoyed walkng (my husband ran- but he enjoys the exercise, I enjoy the views) in the Centenary Lakes park which was right next door to The Lakes.

More than met our expectations

We have just returned from our trip to Cairns and the Lakes Resort. We have to disagree with "overrated" and "hugely disappointed". Originally we had only booked a 3-night two bedroom apartment using the internet last minute deals. As we arrived at 7.30 am, we requested for an early check-in and the management readily obliged by upgrading us to a two bedroom with two bathrooms (instead of one) and a huge lanai ...for less than one third of the rack rate we paid. The place is really like a home away from home..even better really. The kitchen is so well equipped that you can cook a full 3 or 4 course meal if you wish. It comes with a dishwasher and detergent that you can just throw everything in after cooking. The apartment is clean and the resort facilities well kept... not like other resorts we stayed - at the Port Douglas (Ti-Tree Resort) and Kuranda (Liberty Resort) where we paid an even higher rate. Staying at the Lakes really gives you the resort-like holiday feeling and what's more it gives more than value for money. We loved the cosy apartment, the big pools and the warm and friendly service so much that we decided to anchor ourselves there for another 6 more nights for our remaining stay in Cairns and sightseeing in the nearby Atherton Highlands (only one-hour drive away). For the internet last-minute deal rate that we paid at the Lakes, we could not find any other better accomodation at the Highlands. Security is good too as access to the apartment block and underground carpark is restricted by key/card. Well, if you do not wish to be disturbed by the noisemakers at the pool, request for upper floors and away from pool view when you book.

Beautiful grounds but not all the apartments are terrific!

by TripAdvisor Member Jayne2004

My husband, 2 teenage sons and I stayed at the Lakes in November, 2004. The place is beautiful but we ran into a couple of problems that caused me some disappointment. I had requested a pool side room, but instead was put in an apt that faced the street and railroad tracks. When I inquired about it they said that there weren't any other rooms. Okay, I could deal with that, but when I went back to the apt, I realized we only had one tiny bathroom when I had booked one with two bathrooms. I don't believe it was the Lakes fault since I had booked through Qantas but when I inquired again, they told me quite matter of factly, my reservation needed to say 2 bedrooms and two baths. Finally, they agreed to upgrade me for a price of another $60 US, but by that time we decided to stay put. We had already paid quite a bit for the room, definitely over $200 US per night. Maybe if we had booked directly with them it would have been better experience, but I left feeling unsatisfied. Considering tourism is their business they could have been a bit more accommodating. So, although most people will enjoy this place be aware there are some low budget apartments that one may be given. I will not stay there again.

The Lakes Cairns

by captainswife

Staying in this 2 bedroomed accomadation later in the year, to reduce amount of clothing I take can you tell me if as well as washing machine is a iron supplied.
regards JK

RE: The Lakes Cairns

by colin_bramso

Their website says it is.

Comments