The Sebel Cairns

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 55% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

The best hotel in Cairns.

Since we stayed here the hotel management has changed and it's now the Sebel Cairns. But it's still undoubtedly the best hotel in town.
    Great location, beautiful Colonial style, excellent rooms. I assume the service, which used to be excellent, is still up to standard.

Unique Quality: Wonderful colonial style Lobby, great pool area on first floor, excellent Lobby Bar, top-class restaurants.

Directions: In the centre of town on Abbott Street. Easy walking distance to all of Cairns cafes, restaurants, shops, tour shops.

More about Cairns International Hotel

Was Once The Cairns International Hotel

by wise23girl about The Sebel Abbot Street

Well I certainly would highly recommend this hotel. A beautiful dining area, high tea served in the lounge, a ballroom, staircase, flowers in the hall.

Our room had a beautiful harbour view and I loved the the way the colours chosen to decorate just 'came together'.

My only niggle is the small charges which were not in keeping with the tone of the hotel. It cost extra for a newspaper to be delivered to the room..and the internet in the business centre was as expensive as any I have used.

All the staff were pleasant and helpful though and the concierge especially efficient. Again what is unique?...something you will not find anywhere else in the world. So maybe not unique but the decor was so in keeping with the style and background of the Hotel which was once The Cairns International (and according to V T Member Colin_Bramso the best hotel in Cairns).
It was the 'nearest to perfect' I have seen. The photos I took just do not do it justice.

Now look at the photos and see if you are amused by the gold plated signs I noticed on the lobby level of the hotel.

I find price a difficult one. Prices vary with seasons...with specials. This hotel is, however, not a budget hotel but quite a classy lady.

BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!

by Anne12 about Cairns International hotel

This has to be one of my most favourite restaurants in Cairns.
Within the Cairns International Hotel they do a Buffet dinner. This is available each night of the week.
You have a selection of supberb seafood. Oysters, Morton Bay Bugs, King Prawns and other seafood delights.
If you don't like seafood, not to worry as you will have a great selection of other delights.
Both hot and cold.

The sweets are also wonderful. These are served in small portions, I find this great as you can try at least 4 of these tasty delights and still go back for more!!!!

Please book to save disappointment. My favourite dish of this restaurant is the fresh seafood and the sweets.

But then after saying this, I just love it all!!!

Ocean Spirit Cruises - Dinner Cruise

by swdke

Has anyone taken the Dinner cruise? Was it fun? Food good? Worth doing? I'll be there near end of November, will weather be good for a dinner cruise? Any information appreciated, thanks.

by JoyTraveller

I tried it sometime back.
For me, it was just a thing to do, neither fun nor romantic.

by Anne12

Hi there,
The weather could be perfect! Then again it could be overcast and rain....come November the build up to the wet season is in force.Don't panic, it won't be raining everyday( I hope!!) and it's still hot even when it rains:)

I heard this cruise being advertised on the local radio station, personally I wouldn't want to do it, I can't see it being very exciting dining while cruising the inlet.

There is a comapny up here, either in Port Douglas or Cairns, I am sure they would have pickups in Cairns for it, it's called Flames in the Forest, or maybe it's Flames of the Forest, something like that, a take off of Sounds of Silence dinner at Uluru, if this is anyway like the Sound of Silence, I think it would be a good one to do.
Sorry I don't know anyone that has done this one.You could do it and then tell us about it:)

If you like seafood and are looking for value, you can't go past the Buffet dinner at the Cairns International Hotel. This is in a lovely dining area, it's around $69Aus per person, not including drink, you have Moreton Bay Bugs, prawns, oysters and lots of other wonderful food to enjoy, hot and cold and the sweets are really yummy:)It's an upmarket variety of Buffet.The seafood is always yummy and fresh....
This is held each night at the International, I would book for this one.
It is so much better value than a lot of the Restaurants along the main eating area, the Esplanade. I go out for dinner regularly and really it's hard to beat the value of the Buffet.

by swdke

Hi, thanks for the information and reply. I'd like do go to the Flames in the Forest, but they don't seem to operate every night, and not the night's I am in Cairns. Too bad, the Flames in the Forest looks very interesting. Thanks again for the help.

Comments