Value Score Average Value
Good For Families
Gay Resort - Between Cairns & Port Douglas
Staying in a beachfront room was a good choice for us. At night, we left the door open (screen door locked) and enjoyed the soothing rhythm of the surf.
On clear nights, we star-gazed... looking for the Southern Cross. Alas! Not visible from the resort due to nearby hills. Our view of Scorpio was fantastic.
As you can tell from the photo - laying in a beachside hammock (out of direct sun) was a favorite activity.
Sandy areas exposed during low-tide were spectacular and we spent hours looking at shells... many with crabs still living in them.
Unique Quality: This resort is located in a national park - not urban. They market themselves exclusively to Gay & Lesbian travelers.
Traveling to a non-urban area is unusual for us. We chose this resort because:
- Location: Proximity to the Great Barrier Reef and to the Kuranda Rainforest was a priority for us
- Value: This is a resort, not a hotel/motel.
- Laundry: The resort has coin-laundry machines. This is critical for those of us who take two-week trips using only one carry-on bag.
- Culture: As gay men, we mitigated risk of being singled-out for hate crime by staying in a place with certainty that our relationship would be socially accepted.
Directions: The resort operates a shuttle service to the Cairns airport. Call in advance to arrange pick-up.
Popular Hotels in Cairns
Kewarra Street, Kewarra Beach 4878, Australia
Bruce Hwy & Anderson Rd, Cairns, Cairns
85 - 93 Williams Esplanade, Palm Cove, Queensland, 4879, Australia
35-41 Wharf St, Cairns, Cairns
Explore the World
- Om Beach Resort
- Mabini Mansion Manila
- BLUE BAY RESORT
- Comfort Inn Montparnasse
- Laguna Beach Resort
- Ramada Statesville
- Etap Hotel Flensburg City
- Bala's Holiday Chalet
- Gansevoort Turks + Caicos
- The Shore Club South Beach
- Villa La Estancia
- Bali Emerald Villa
- Centara Grand Beach Resort
- Hotel Lindbergh