38 Maloja Avenue, Bulcock Beach, Caloundra, 4551, Australia
Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

More about Caloundra

Dicky BeachDicky Beach

Sand sculpture on the beachSand sculpture on the beach

Bulcock Beach.Bulcock Beach.

Pelican Waters Shopping MallPelican Waters Shopping Mall

Travel Tips for Caloundra

Internet Junkies Unite!

by keida84

Well, I am a admitted VT junkie. I had to have my internet fix, the WorldMark Golden Beach had internet access but it is pricey!! $2.00 AUD for the first 10 minutes. I had to type fast! I promised Hansi I would not go into the forums while on vacation and I am happy to report I did not go into the forums or even scan them.

I found another 3 other places in Caloundra which provided internet access but this would necessitate a long walk downtown and when it is night or early morning I was far more comfortable in the hotel's internet kiosk.

Caloundra, Queensland, Australia

by keida84

"Caloundra...a diamond set among rubies, emeralds.."

Caloundra, pronouced Cal-aun-dra is a jewel in Queensland. Located on the shores of the famous "Pumice Stone Passage," It gets its name from the ABorignal word meaning "beautiful headland or wonderful place". We were quite surprised to find out we were in a semi-tropical region. Sydney was chilly but Queensland were were able to swim and enjoy the sunshine, the nights however, were quite cool.

Friendly people and a good mass transit program makes getting to and from Caloundra a breeze.

The "main drag" was about 1.5 miles from our apartment, so this made for good exercise as we walked that distance well over 5 times.

Plenty of shopping, cinemas, restaurants, library, coffee houses and day spas to keep anyone happy.

Speaking of Day Spas, there is one on Bulcock Beach which, and I kid you not, specializes in "Butt Facials"OMG I quickly had to suppress my laughter as I found out that this was a legitament service the spa was offerring!! For more information please check my "Things to Do" tip page.

"Excellent sunsets too!"

This photo was taken aboard the sunset cruise we took looking West as the sun set.

"Mooloolaba"

Life revolves around the water in this community.

Comments