Seaview Motel

Tags

Road Trip Seniors Budget Travel
See Amenities
sirgaw's Profile Photo

- reasonable price, reasonable accomodation

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 16, 2011

PLEASE NOTE - THE NAME OF THE BUSINESS IS COOKTOWN SEAVIEW MOTEL

What really makes this average motel really stand out is the stunning view overlooking the Inlet and Endeavour River. My review is based on their 3 star motel room - there are higher standard rooms/suites available.

I had pre-booked accommodation as I’d understood that September is peak season for Cooktown, but judging on the “rooms available” sign outside, I needn’t have bothered. When I walked into the spacious reception area, the man behind the counter looked at the piece of paper in my hand and then said, “Welcome David!’ I was quite surprised until he explained that nearly all those who have pre-booked enter with a printout of the booking details – just as I had done.

There really was no need for more formalities as they had my credit card details on file, so he just passed me a key. I asked if their breakfast room was still available for brekky for the following 2 mornings and was very surprised to hear they don’t bother to open it at the weekends (or Mondays as I later found out). After we checked in I made a dash to the local supermarket before they closed. I managed to borrow from reception 2 breakfast bowls and spoons. Those together with the toaster in the room, bought fruit juice, bread and cereal made for an adequate breakfast at a fraction of the cost of the only café open in town and serving breakfast.

Our motel room contained all that I would expect in a 3 star motel room – Queen sized bed and bedding, wide screen TV, fridge, sadly only one chair, wardrobe and a small kitchen area. Separate small but functional bathroom.

There is an on site car park, small swimming pool and a lawn/BBQ area overlooking the great view as shown in photo 2 with plenty of plastic chairs and tables to enjoy outdoor eating.

Perhaps my only really negative comment – lack of security screens over windows. Lack of these and we had to sleep with window completely closed. During summer that would mean overhead fan blowing. Perhaps Cooktown is a safe place to stay and therefore screens are not really required.

I had a little surprise when checking out - I was given a discount for producing my Victorian roadside service membership card. Price per person shown below is the double/twin price.

Nearby Seaview Motel

Amenities at Seaview Motel

• Swimming Pool
  • Free Parking

Cooktown Travel Forum

Need advice about Cooktown, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Cooktown and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Cooktown