85 Old Burleigh Rd, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, 4217, Australia
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about Gold Coast

Some great trees can be foundSome great trees can be found

How cool is thisHow cool is this

Purlingbrooke FallsPurlingbrooke Falls

Powder Puff GalsPowder Puff Gals

Transportation Headache!!

by kw88

Hi all

Will be in GC 1st week of December. Now i've got to solve the transport problem. We will need to have transfer between brisbane airport to our hotel at Broadbeach. I've check with GC Charter and they are charging us $370 for a private 2 way transfer. It's over budget for me. I've looked at coachtrans and conxion too.Rates are better but it's not a private transfer and i'm worried about the taken taken to drop all passengers might be too long and my baby might get cranky.Both my hubby and i cant drive too. So no car hiring for us.

What should i do? Visiting all the theme parks will need transport too. Please offer some advice. Thanks.

by Maryimelda

Plenty of babies travel by train and the AirTrain goes from right in front of the terminal to Nerang with only a few stops along the way. Duration of journey is about 90mins, there are two or three trains every hour and from Nerang it is a reasonable cab fare to your hotel at Broadbeach. You can also get a connecting bus from Nerang to Broadbeach but you will probably have had enough by then and a cab will get you there a lot faster.

by srinpav

I could not agree more with the above poster. Get off at nerang and then a cab to your hotel in broady. THe only possible issue that could arise is that I think the airtrain stops at around 9pm give or take. If you're getting there before then you'll be fine.
Hope this helps.

by kw88

What about this coach call con x-ion? Is the service reliable and good? They would be able to take care of both my airport transfers and theme park transfer.Might have to choose them due to cost efficiency. Thanks.

by srinpav

Sorry I don't have experience with that company but I'm sure they'll be fine. I've heard the name and believe they are one of the bigger companies.

Travel Tips for Gold Coast

Gold Coast Tip

by KimC2000

The Barrier Reef was incredible. You have to take every change you have to snorkel it. The colors astounded me-I nearly choked cause I forgot to breath cause I was so amazed. No pictures ever do it justice.

Packing List

by finzy

We have a very mild climate on the coast, even in winter so heavy or thick winter garments are not necessary although a jacket and umbrella would be useful as a stand by just in case they are needed. Pack the insect repellant as we have plenty of midges and mossies especially in Summer, apart from this a good 15 plus sunscreen and your usual first aid essentials are all that's needed. Our electrical current is 240 volts and we use three pin plugs, plug adaptors are no doubt available but best to check first. Batteries for most types of cameras are available from camera shops or in some cases pharmacies and chain stores have them.

At the Lone Pine...

by Krystynn

At the Lone Pine Sanctuary....

So, what's so special about this place, you wonder. Well, for a start, a large part of the Sanctuary's appeal is the opportunity to walk amongst several species of Kangaroos, Wallabies and handfeed them (like what I'm doing in the pic below). These cute animals are extremely friendly and very used to humans and will eat the specially prepared pellets right from the palm of your hand. You must buy these pellets sold inside the park.... and never feed them with one of your left-over food! Specially formulated kangaroo food is available for purchase from the Sanctuary Kiosk at a cost of 50 Australian cents (approx. 30 US cents).

Your reward? Don't miss the look of glee written in the faces of these young Joeys in the pouch!

Some of the animals found inside the Sanctuary include the Dingos, Tasmanian Devils (er... I don't mean the cartoon variety)... and many species of native animals and birds, including the comical Scrub Turkeys.

Now that I've enticed you a little... You can choose from several tour companies that offer such day trips to the Sanctuary. Please check directly with your hotel Concierge.

Fantastic Thai

by jarrah21 about Chiang Mai Thai

Fantastic Thai Restaurant serving everything that you could imagine!!!!! Must definately try the garlic beef....it is beautiful!!!!! Staff are friendly and helpful and ordering is a breeze!!!! Reasonably priced and in two central locations....Broadbeach and Miami Definately the garlic beef...it is a must to try!!!!

Dreamworld

by traceandjase

So this is the third time i've been to Dreamworld but the first time it's been out of school holiday season. My big tip, go in off peak. The other two times we waited up to an hour for some rides, this time we virtually walked on to everything.
Dreamworld is mainly just there for ridesand animals (Movieworld and Seaworld are the place to go for 'shows'). There is a really good range of rides. We took our 4 year old and the Nickledeon and Wiggles sections were enough to keep him occupied most of the morning. There's dodgems, mini rollercoaster plane rides, big red car ride and heaps more. A few of the regular rides he was able to go on, the log ride and the other water one. And enjoyed the animals especially the tiger show and the petting/feeding section. For parents of younger kids it seemed to be the Themepark that's keep them most entertained.
For other thrillseekers there are plently of rides (Tower of Terror, Giant Drop, WipeOut) to play all day.
Although the ticket says you can't take in food or drink we took our own lunch and nobody checked our bag. i'd risk it, as food is at Themepark (ie. fairly pricey) prices.

Comments