Chevron Renaissance Gold Coast

3232 Surfers Paradise Boulevard, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, QLD 4217, Australia

More about Gold Coast

Where the water goes throughWhere the water goes through

Skyscrapers on the Gold CoastSkyscrapers on the Gold Coast

Careful, those roads are narrow and windingCareful, those roads are narrow and winding

Dolphin ShowDolphin Show

Visiting Gold Coast with children in December.

by kw88

Hello,

I will be bring my 3 kids, 12,10 and 3 to GC in first week of Dec. As we are going free and easy, we will need transportation around GC. I understand that there is a GC shuttle where we can book at the airport. It offers freedom pass that will allow us airport transfers and travel to most attractions in GC . Is it still in operation?

We intend to visit dreamworld and movie world and do some shopping. Any other place that we should visit?(along shuttle line) Where's the best place to shop for great deals on clothes and souvenirs?

Lastly, we intend to book an apartment. Any good recommendations.Thks a million.

Re: Visiting Gold Coast with children in December.

by ninjatoo

depand on your budget for any accommondation
from hotel to holiday apartment, motel even backpackers, but Dec is peak season
so better book in advance and the price will be more, since, u hv kids with you, better book any accommodation close to Surfer Paradise,

e.g 4 stars hotel - Legends, Watermarks

3 stars hotel - Islander, paradise resourt

5 stars holiday appartment - Circle on Carvil, Q1

shopping place - harbour town DFO ( shopping outlet ) or pacifice fair

i am a local guide, if u need any help
leave me messages

ninja

Re: Visiting Gold Coast with children in December.

by alicemaude

there are local buses that take you to the theme parks "Surfside", another good park to visit is the Currumbin Sanctuary, that is south of Surfers, the buses run up and down the coast, and of course there is the beach, always lovely.

Travel Tips for Gold Coast

My favourite part of the Gold...

by Shar

My favourite part of the Gold Coast is actually the very bottom of it - Coolangatta Beach. Being just a stones throw from the New South Wales border it is about 20 minutes south of Surfers Paradise (the Gold Coast's 'heart'). Coolie shares its beauty with Greenmount Beach. Both are safe swimming in and you actually have your own breathing space on the beach near the flags. Given I've spent my life on these beaches I can't say one such moment, though when I close my eyes (not so easy to type that way!!) I can see the normal sight - a beautiful sandy beach that seems to stretch on forever. The Surfers Paradise area ('Surfers'...notice how we shorten everything - lazy mob huh?) has a beach thats about 42 klms long (don't quote me on that) so for those people who like to run till they reach the end and then turn around...prepare yourself. I walk, stop and stare at the beauty of the wave just rolling in, one after the other. Bizarre concept that. So the best moment is every moment. I don't think I've had a bad one yet. Even when I've run there brimming with tears and a nervous system that could launch a rocket I've walked away serene. Water - my calmer. Screw yoga - go sit on the beach and veg out!!!

Packing List

by hatter10_6

Make sure you bring a lot of sun protection, especially in summer. Sun glasses essential. They are good for discrete guy/chic check out too. Polariser. If going to the hinterlands, bring insect repellants. Get the Australian ones, they are good.

Harbourtown - Cheap Authentic Stuff

by sweetie_inc

Nike, Esprit, Mambo, Fila, Calvin Klein, Levis, etc.. Get cheap beach wear here!! Actually get cheap branded stuff here!!

What NOT to buy : Souveniers. It's very expensive to buy souveniers here. Get them at Pacific Fair or Goldcoast shopping centres. hhmm... it depends.... I spent abt A$200 here... Got a great deal at Nike boutique... Bought a pair of running shoes at A$50 only (costs more than S$100 in Singapore)....

An Eclectic Mix

by jamiesamui about Fusion Bowl

Fusion Bowl as the title suggests is a meeting of several S/E Asian culinary delights.

What I like about this restaurant is that it gives you the opportunity to sample meals from several different countries at the one time.

Fusion Bowl is a smallish family run restaurant with prompt service & good food.

I like the fact that you can dine Alfresco if you choose.

There are a total of 32 dishes to choose from ranging in price from $4.50 to $12.50 AUD Of the meals I had here I really liked the Wanton Noodle Soup & the Sizzling Mongolian Beef.

The size of the dishes are just about perfect if you, like my wife & I sample several dishes in the one sitting.

Gold Coast City Art Gallery

by Tina-Perth

We had lunch at the Arts Cafe, so I thought I would take a look at the Art Gallery while I was there.

Entry to the Gallery is by donation. The exhibits are quite extensive and a lovely collection of aboriginal art is on display, along with the stories attached to the characters.

The Art Gallery is actually more of a complex, with function rooms, theatre and cinema.

The cinema is fully licensed, so you can enjoy a drink while you watch a movie. Prices are as follows:
Adults $12.00