Diamond Beach Resort Gold Coast

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Diamond Beach Resort Gold Coast

Luxury Resort Without the High Cost and Crowds

by AusPinay about Australis Diamond Beach Resort

This resort at Diamond Beach, around one and a half hours from the city centre of Sydney is paradise! We got our accommodation off the internet and availed of a very good tariff of $120 per night for the four of us (2 a & 2 k) for a two bedroom, two bathrooms cabin which is huge! The cabin has 2 LCD tvs, fully self-contained with a kitchen well- stocked with utensils and the usual cooking appliances- stove, oven, microwave, etc. I couldn't believe the amenities were truly more than we have expected for the price. It also has a washing machine and separate dryer, iron, etc. It is like a real home set amongst lovely bush views and the beach of course which was the bonus!

We usually pay much more than this price in other resorts, but it was still a few days before the start of the school holidays so we had a bargain and a big blast of fun here without the high cost and the crowds.

It has two pools, one very new with heaps of things to do, kids' club during school holidays, spa, kids' clubhouse with their own tavble tennis, playstation and WIFI consoles, etc. There is also a play area for the little ones. Many more nice things about this superb place!

It is indeed a family resort! It is uniquely waterfront so we could hear the waves from our balcony/porch and bedroom window! It was fantastic, a place I can recommend to anyone who wants peace and quiet, lovely views and no traffic! It is a good 15 minutes from the centre of Forster, which has all the restaurants.

Anyway, this place has a good restaurant/cafe which also has family packs and meals ready for take away to your cabin if you don't feel like eating out.

We spent most of our time going for walks at the beach and just soaking in the beach atmosphere without the crowds!

beachfront,Australis Diamond beach resortbeachfront,Australis Diamond beach resort

CURRUMBIN BEACHCURRUMBIN BEACH

oen of the colourful attractionsoen of the colourful attractions

Surfers Paradise BeachSurfers Paradise Beach

Where along the sunshine coast i should stay with a young family?

by kmaltarollo

HI again, firstly thank you so much for those who gave me great advice before. My next question would be - Where would the best place to stay along the sunshine coast with two small children (4 and 1 yrs)? Does anyone have any good accommadation recommendations? Or advice to what to do there besides sitting on the beach. (is it good swimming weather in September?).

by aussirose

Here's the one I recommend. Pelican Sands is about 2 minutes in a taxi from Coolangatta airport and is right on Tugan Beach. It has 2 bedroom self contained appartment accommodation with everything you need for a great stay.

Mmmmm, September is a hit & miss affair regarding swimming. You'll get the odd hot day where you'll definately venture into the surf...but more often than not it'll still be quite cold. Pelican Sands has a Spa that you guys will love anyway! ;o)

My suggestion is to hire a car and check out the hinterland....especially O'Riellys and don't forget to go to Sea World where your kids will love the dolphin show. Currumbin Sanctuary is a great place to go with kids & is not far by bus from Pelican Sands.

Have fun!!
Cheers, Ann :o)

by kate081090

I suggest you to stay in goa with your family because goa is the best place for holidaying. There are many beaches in goa which the children are very fond of. Infants will have a great fun there.

Oooops, site for Pelican Sands is -

by Mikebb

Hi, Your posting is in the Gold Coast forum which is one hour drive south of Brisbane, but the destination you request information on is the Sunshine Coast which is 1.5 hour drive north of Brisbane.

In recent years we have stayed at both destinations, both are good, however we enjoyed the Sunshine coast best, we had 7 days at Noosa Heads, a beautiful holiday spot right on the beach. We were there the last week of August and if you look at photos on my Noosa Heads page you will see the beach and plenty of people on it. A week later we had 2 nights on the Gold Coast, no one swimming.It is warmer north of Brisbane.

Much to see and do from Noosa, including Steve Irwins Australian Zoo , the huge markets Wednesday & Saturday, Glasshouse Mountains, and if you desire a day trip to Fraser Island, the largest sand island in the world.

Do some research on VT and check out pages of locals who have replied, their pages will tell the story.

Good Luck,
Mike

by aussirose

Hey just noticed that Mike. I was assuming the Gold Coast....but if the Sunshine Coast, then I would recommend this accommodation. -
We stayed here and it was very nice....right on the Noosa River.

by sirgaw

For the SUNSHINE COAST I'd suggest Noosa and Ocean Breeze on Hastings Street - http://www.seenoosa.com.au/accommodation/hastings-st/breakfree-ocean-breeze.html That's one link for the property but no their own web site. Its a self contained appartment complex - get a family suite. We did that twice and found it a great place.

by kmaltarollo

Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I was sick in bed for a few days there. All is back to normal. Thanks everyone for your advice. You've definitely given me great tips that have helped with my search for a good family holiday. I'II make sure to post pics when I return on my site.

Travel Tips for Gold Coast

If you want natural beauty,...

by bdschobel

If you want natural beauty, keep traveling north, along the Queensland coast. You will find a series of small resort towns and beautiful islands, cross the Tropic of Capricorn, and have access to the Great Barrier Reef -- a must-see! It's a long drive on some not-so-good roads (or at least not-so-BIG roads), but definitely worth it. The Australian people are terrific, and they love to talk to visitors. Every time you refuel your car, you will meet someone interesting. Don't drive at night (because of wildlife), and beware of the 'road trains' (triple tractor-trailers that barrel along the 2-lane highways).

Brisbane to Gold Coast

by marki

The easiest way is now by Rail.

Electric Trains depart half hourly (or more at peak times) from Brisbane, with most originating/terminating at Brisbane Airport. Connecting Busses at Helensvale run all along the coast to Tweed Heads. Busses from Nerang Station run to Southport and Pacific Fair. Busses from Robina Station run to Pacific Fair, Burleigh Heads and all points south. You can buy through tickets, but a worthwhile option is to get a day/week ticket (now called "EZY pass") from the station because it can be used to get around also, refer to the website below for prices.

There are 3 Suncoast bus services, plus about 6 Greyhound busses daily from Brisbane to the Gold Coast.

On occasions, a ferry cruise also runs. I hope this will become regular in the future because the trip runs through extensive waterways, which you otherwise need a private boat to visit.

Basically the transportation system is quite good now between the Pacific Highway corridor and the coast. If going to the hinterland there is little option but day tours or car rental, but both are inexpensive (generally about $40 per day).

Brekky on the water

by robertgaz about Sunset Bar & Grill

The Sunset Bar & Grill is a part of the Marina Mirage shopping complex near Mariners Cove Marina.

It's right on the waterfront and a very relaxing spot to refresh yourself with a coffee and cake. The cafe is licensed so a cold beer or a nice glass of wine are other attractive options. When I asked the waitress what type of muffins they had I was given the option of blueberry or "epple". I requested the blueberry muffin with my coffee.

It was only when I sat down to wait for my order that I realised the waitress must have been a Kiwi and that on reflection an "apple" muffin did sound rather appetising.

Wet 'n' Wild

by robertgaz

Wet'n'Wild Water World is on the Gold Coast and it is Australia's biggest water theme park with splashtacular rides.

The Mach 5 attraction houses Wet 'n' Wild's two longest slides plus three king sized slides that have you skidding down a waterfall at nearly 85km/h.

I can't remembering seeing anything because the faster I went down, the faster other things went up. I had my rashie over my eyes and my boardies up my... well I'll leave that to your imagination!

Then there is the Tornado where your wild journey begins on a super-slide from a 15m high platform and then you blast down a 40m long tunnel and into a huge funnel, splashing back and forth through swirling water.

The Blackhole features two enclosed slides that catapult you into pitch black spirals so you don't know which way you're turning next and you don't see a thing until you hit the final splashdown!

At the Super 8 Aqua Racer you plunge head first down an 8 lane, 86m long slide reaching speeds of up to 40km/h and you get a placing to an accuracy of 1/1000th of a second. I'm afraid I was a little slow out of the starting block so I was left long behind.

The park opens at 10:00am every day and closing times vary throughout the year.

27 December - 25 January 9:00pm
26 January - 30 April 5:00pm
1 May - 31 August 4:00pm
1 September - 26 December 5:00pm

General admission prices are -

Adults $40.00 $40.00
Children (4 - 13 years inclusive) $26.00
Pensioner $26.00

If you plan to visit Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World or Wet'n'Wild , then a much better deal is the 3 Park Super Pass which allows you to visit any park, any day as many times as you like for 14 days.

Comments